[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gronk starting week 1...

irish

fyi: not funny.

You're right.

It's hysterical!

Is it me or is Gronk the #1 TE in FF right now? He's 6 yards short of having over 100 yards in 4 of the last 5 games and has 8 TDs in 9 weeks. He is tied for 2nd in targets by 1, 4th in receptions, first in yards and 2nd in TDs.

I would like to thank everyone in my high stakes FF league, with 1.5 PPR for TEs, that let Gronkowski slip back to us.

Lot of doubters out there. No doubt Gronk has gotten dinged up a bunch, but when healthy, he rivals Graham and Orange Julius for #1 at TE. And he's been plenty healthy this season so far. Let's keep it going!

• 2 months later...

I'll admit I was wrong... sorta, about Gronk. He's been good at home, but is still #8 in a TE heavy league. He won't hold up IMO... trade him now.

Captain obvious chimes in weeks later to claim his most prolific insight sees all. Let’s all applaud Irish for being the most insightful fantasy football mastermind on the planet… it’s what he desperately seeks. Hindsight is always 20/20, but looking back it’s still a bit fuzzy.

One week does not a season make. Week 16 tells the real story... lots of hindsight there.

Thoughts there Thews? On avoiding him, saying his production won't hold up, on a full season of Gronk telling the story, on me accepting your applause on being the most insightful FF mastermind on the planet (save your sarcastic, meaningless applause) and on me accepting your challenge in the Ladder and going 9-5 to your 7-7 and advancing to the HoF next year? I also hold a better all-time record than you by almost 70 games. And you weren't sorta wrong about Gronk, you were entirely wrong about him.

Gronk was the 34th highest scoring player overall in 2014 with 266.4 pts, even after not playing in week 17. And 18 players ranked above him were QBs. Only 9 WRs ranked ahead of him, only 6 RBs and not a single TE ranked ahead of him. He outscored the next best TE, Graham by over 30 pts and only 5 TEs were within 46 pts of him, the rest were behind him by almost 80 pts or much greater. Still think he's not worth a 3rd or 4th round selection?

See you in the HoF next year... :Irishwink:

Edited by irish

Jesus H man take it to PM

Oh come on, that's not nearly as much fun. And Christ, I never usually call people on their mishaps in FF as we all have them. I just LOVE to bust Thews' chops. And this place can use all the spicing up we can give it. People can't get their panties in a bunch over it. Just have fun with it.

ETA: There are literally 4 people in here right now including me. Oh and Bing (1) and (2)

Edited by irish

Pulling up an old thread to say "told ya so" is bush league.

Your opinion and that's fine. With Thews, it's deserving.