[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rate My Team

Grits

This is the team I drafted in my $140 entry league. It's a tough league that my fiancees father has run for about 30 years now. It was also my first "live draft" league a few years ago, and they kicked my rear end. Never before did I realize how difficult a live draft was when there were no computers allowed in the draft war room at his house.

I feel like I have a pretty solid hold of it now, no pressure! Plus, I'm not the "new guy" anymore, which makes it a little more easy.

I felt pretty confident coming home from my fantasy draft. Not only did I feel like my team was solid and strong, but I feel like I also drew a pretty weak division. I'm hoping this team should have me sitting pretty for the first round bye into the playoffs. Obviously without seeing the other teams, you guys can't base anything off that, but that's where I'm at! Also, I picked #2 overall after a LOUSY fantasy year.

There are some decent players left on the wire right now, no one really too consistent, but guys who could break-out or be splash contributors here and there. I can't really see myself letting anyone on my team go just yet though. Thinking I should wait until week 1.

Here's my roster:

QB: Matt Ryan

RB: Jamaal Charles

RB: Andre Ellington

WR: Brandon Marshall

WR: Antonio Brown

FLEX: Fred Jackson

TE: Jordan Cameron

Rookie: Brandon Cooks

LB: Bobby Wagner

LB: Paul Worrilow

LB: Alec Ogletree

DL: Robert Quinn

DL: Muhammad Wilkerson

DB: Eric Berry

DB: Tashaun Gipson

DB: Mark Barron

Rookie: Calvin Pryor

K: Shaun Suisham

BENCH:

WR Michael Floyd

WR Michael Crabtree

WR Kendall Wright

QB Andy Dalton

RB Jeremy Hill

RB Lamar Miller

WR Justin Hunter

NOTES:

- Our rookie spots (Offensive and defensive) only count if they score more points than another player on the starting roster at THEIR position (Can Not Replace the FLEX score). If that's the case, the higher score counts, the lower score is removed. So if Cooks scores 10 points week 1, and Brown scores 5, the 5 points would be removed and I would score 10 points at my WR position. Hopefully that makes sense. Same goes on defense.

- I feel like I'm loaded at WR. If there are guys that I could pick up or drop, it would probably be there.

- I typically have always played defense week by week for most part (Outside of the top scorers), tackle heavy linebackers and safeties are always pretty easy to come by.

- I wasn't hot on Andre Ellington like everyone else, but I took him in the beginning of the 4th, felt like it was great value.

- Both Matt Ryan and Andy Dalton were taken after the 11th round.

Notable Free Agents: QB Alex Smith, RB LeGarrette Blount, WR Marvin Jones, DL Charles Johnson, LB Derrick Johnson, LB Mason Foster

How many teams are in your league? Seems like a very good draft! I don't play IDP, so the defense I can't really judge. Not a fan of Dalton this year, but is a solid backup. You have no RB depth though. If anything happens to either of your RB's you are in trouble, Surprised you didn't backup Charles with K. Davis.

How many teams are in your league? Seems like a very good draft! I don't play IDP, so the defense I can't really judge. Not a fan of Dalton this year, but is a solid backup. You have no RB depth though. If anything happens to either of your RB's you are in trouble, Surprised you didn't backup Charles with K. Davis.

It's a 10 man league. Not PPR.

I feel like I've got alright depth for running back. Fred Jackson was the 9th best running back in our league last year. Jeremy Hill will see goal line carries in Cincinnati, I plan on alternating him and Cooks in my rookie spot.

I think my plan going forward is to try and see what I can get for either Crabtree or Floyd. I may be able to score a low tier RB2 or a high RB3 out of one of them to a receiver needy team.

Kniles Davis has literally no value in our league. Generally speaking, these guys don't really put stock into "hand-cuffs". When the player actually gets injured, then people have a dash for them. The way I see it though, I'm not going to take up a roster spot for Davis at this point. If Charles goes down, I'm not going to replace that production anyway.