[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drop Shonn Greene for...?

got2win

I drafted Shonn Greene. I don't like Shonn Greene and don't have any plans to start him---I have Lesean McCoy, Andre Ellington, Knowshon Moreno, Danny Woodhead, and Benny Cunningham, so plenty of depth to avoid having to start Greene. I'm looking at picking up either Alfred Blue or Paul Richardson who could have huge breakout seasons depending on starters injuries (behind Arian Foster and Percy Harvin). Nonetheless, is it prudent to drop a starting RB on the possibility of injury? It is a keeper league too, so if for some reason my rook has a big year that is 16th round value. Thoughts? other back-ups to consider, granted they are available?

Is this a PPR league? If you are looking for a guy to have with Harvins injury history I would try to snag Doug Baldwin if he is available. I hate Green as well but he looks to be the starter in TEN to open the season. Dropping a starting RB before week 1 seems a bit hasty. I would hold onto Green and see how that situation plays out. Also, if its non PPR Woodhead loses a lot of value.

Agreeing with everyone, keep him. I'd drop cunningham too before Greene. For who to pick up we'd need to know some possibilites besides just the two listed. Taking a handcuff to an above average WR is not a good idea in general. Blue might be alright, but he hasn't show much as of yet. Again, what other possibilities?