[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2K14.... the money or the bragging rights?

Papa Deuce

I asked this last year too.

Which means more to you, the money or the bragging rights?

I'm a bragging rights kind of guy.

Bragging rights - or even more so proving league mates wrong when they tell you "that player is a bust. You're going to regret drafting him."

Bragging rights in my 2 locals is what makes everyone come back year after year....one started in 93 and the other in 96, still the same core guys and a hell of a trash talking, take you back to high school days kinda event. The money is just secondary, it's nice...but that is not why I come back year after year!

I'm in one free league with guys from work. I won it last year (and probably have won half the years I've been in it), and not a peep from anyone about it. No congrats from the commish, nothing. Another person at work invited me to a free league (full dynasty roster). I turned him down. I put a lot of time and money into FF and like to see at least some return on my investment.

I'm also in three money leagues. There is no question that they are more fun and more competitive. It's really a no-brainer for me, I'm in it for a payday.

Got wedding coming up...so the $$$$

Honestly I don't brag anyways...I just like the feeling of accomplishment when you put together a competitive/winning team.

I don't brag either, but I do like being able to shut down the bragging of others, which is the champion's god given right.

• Like 1

Bragging rights. Being back to work more than I intended kind of makes the money part moot and I don't play in any of the crazy 100k payout leagues(nor would I win one of those, lol), so I wouldn't win much more than a week's paycheck even finishing first in the money leagues I'm in. But the bragging rights can't be bought(and are more fun). Did I mention I am the reigning champion of the Annual 20 Questions Contest? :fool::shades:

Edited by Tripleshot

Bragging rights. Being back to work more than I intended kind of makes the money part moot and I don't play in any of the crazy 100k payout leagues(nor would I win on of those, lol), so I wouldn't win much more than a week's paycheck even finishing first in the money leagues I'm in. But the bragging rights can't be bought(and are more fun). Did I mention I am the reigning champion of the Annual 20 Questions Contest? :fool::shades:

Show off!!!! Lol

I would normally say the $$$ because I'm a cheap bastard and money is nice, plus I don't brag much (nobody really does in our league). But as I read other responses and think about the $$ doesn't really matter much, I put in my entry fee ($100) and usually don't win much if anything (and max is maybe $600-700) but the winning don't change much for me financially (maybe I splurge on something I might otherwise do on the cheap or not buy).