[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's your most memorable FF game?

deaconjohn06

2007, championship game, winner takes all, losing going into the last game, none of my players left, he has Ladainian Tomlinson, he only needs a few points to win. They take LT out of the game early, and I win by .2 points. Most memorable part.....I had offered to split the pot if I won if he would split it if he won, he said no.

• Like 1

I forgot who it was, but there was a QB who passed a ball near the goal line where it bounced off someones helmet and the QB caught it and scored a TD to end the game.

6 pt pass TD 6 pt rec TD 1 point rec. I lost by 2.

I think it was Brad Johnson.

Edited by DanTheMan_5

I forgot who it was, but there was a QB who passed a ball near the goal line where it bounced off someones helmet and the QB caught it and scored a TD to end the game.

6 pt pass TD 6 pt rec TD 1 point rec. I lost by 2.

I think it was Brad Johnson.

yes it was.

There have been a lot, but..................

1995 - my first year in fantasy football (had a co-owner with the team that year) and I was the first person in the league to use that new-fangled internet thingy to look up free agent players on a weekly basis. Anyhow, we churned through our #2 RB position all season as that was the year William Floyd tore up his knee. Somewhere towards the end of the season we were fighting for a playoff spot and I found a RB on the Raiders who had scored a few TDs that year. As we were a TD only league then we picked up Derek Fenner. Late in the 4th quarter of the Raiders game we're trailing our opponent by 4, with only Fenner left playing and he scores a TD on a pass play. That got us into the playoffs where we won the league championship, and were the first team to get our name on the trophy.

2012 championship game....no fractional points. I was down 25 points going into the last game of the week, only had Marshawn Lynch left vs the stacked 49ers defense. Thought i was toast. Turns out Lynch goes off for 111 rushing and 16 rec yards and 2 tds scoring EXACTLY 25 points. The commish never set a tie breaker.....Co-League Champions and split the pot for the first time I have ever seen

Won a game last year on MNF between the Panthers and Patriots, I had Carolina DEF whilst my opponent had Gronk. I was losing by 0.5pts going into the final play but won due to the pick in the end zone, obviously controversial due to Gronk basically being completely blocked from the ball by Luke Kuechley.

The guy I beat is still sore about that cos' even if Gronk just stopped the ball being intercepted he'd have won :tup:

Another game in my league had a similarly close finish. I think it was the Jets beating the Falcons on MNF where one team had the TD scorer which gave him a lead of 0.2pts but he then realised mid-celebration that his opponent, who wasn't present, had the Jets kicker who knocked up the XP to steal the win.

I had Gonzo and Steve Beuerlein in a $200 entry playoff game (can't remember who else) many moons ago. I was faced against an awesome team and they scored 194 points (the second highest of the year). I scored over 200 (211 if I remember right) and won with the highest game of the year (I think Gonzo scored 3 TD's). True burnsauce to score the highest game of the year to date and lose.

2003 Super Bowl. I had two teams in STATS Fantasy Football leagues that were in their respective championships. (STATS played their fantasy playoff games during the actual NFL playoffs.) One team was winning handily. The other was behind and I had written it off. Muhsin Muhammad then catches that 85 yard TD in the 4th quarter but I didn't think much of it at the time. However, when I logged into the STATS site to check the fantasy matchup score, that Muhammad TD had put me into the lead. The field goal that won the game for the Pats actually was the decider between who won the fantasy championship. If Vinatieri makes the FG, I win the championship. If he misses, I lose the championship but the Patriots don't win the Super Bowl, so I was actually rooting for him to miss, lol. As it was, he made the kick and I won both league championships.

Edited by Tripleshot

Couple come to mind... one great for me, one not so much.

Way back when Randy Moss was a rookie, he played the Packers in Lambeau on MNF. I was up BIG going into the game, until ol' Randy put up 190 yards and 2 scores on the Pack. We had big bonuses in that league (length of TDs, going over 100 yards, etc.) so he had like 50 points or something. I ended up getting my arse handed to me. :kicksrock:

Fast forward to MNF Week 16 of last year (Championship for most leagues). Was in championship against my good Huddle buddy Gopher. I was up by 4-5 points going in and was rockin' NaVorro Bowman. Goph had Paul Worrilow and Anquan Boldin. So he was probably the prohibitive favorite to overtake me.

From the opening whistle, it went back and forth. Bowman would make a tackle (he finished with 9 solos), and then Worrilow would make one on next series (he finished with 5). Then Boldin would make a catch (had 6 grabs). I surged ahead when Bowman caused and recovered a fumble... :yay: .... only to fall behind again when Boldin caught a TD. :sad:

The end of the game drew closer, and I was down 5 or 6 points. I felt dejected, knowing that with the Falcons scoring late and kicking to the Niners, that my scoring opportunities were pretty tapped. Oh wait! The Falcons pull off an onside kick! :woot: And recover! They're moving the balls, and I do a quick check and compute that I would need 3 solo tackles by Bowman to tie... with about a minute and a half left. Essentially, he'd have to make every tackle left. :blink:

I was at a sports bar in my native SoCal and my buddy (who is not exactly a football afficianado) says "dude, what if your dude intercepts for a TD?". I scoffed and said "well then I'm dancing in the bar"..... literally 15 seconds later, Matt Ryan throws a little slant and Bowman steps in, picks the pass off and is running 65 yards the other way for the pick-6. :shocking:

So, won by a couple of points literally on the last play of the game. Sorry, Gopher. :moon:

• Like 1

Was down about 60 after the early games in week 14 -1st round of playoffs- last year with only a few guys left. Luckily, one of them was Peyton Manning who started to lead the comeback. In the last minutes of the late afternoon games (neither me nor my opponent had anyone playing after that), I took a one point lead. But during the meaningless last drive of the Rams game, Jared Cook catches a pass and gives my opponent a lead by a fraction of a point. All of our games ended, and at the time it looked like I was about to lose, ending my season. After being depressed for about an hour, I refreshed my matchup page, and apparently they gave Peyton Manning around 4 extra yards, leading me to a .02 point win, the smallest possible margain of victory in our league.

I guess thats what he gets for starting Jared Cook

Edited by bdom11

It was a Giants game in week 15 on MNF a few years back... they might have been playing the Redskins. Winner goes to the SB, and we had gone back and forth through the Sunday night game. Anyway, I have Steve Smith going on MNF down maybe 7 points. I don't need too much, but it's Steve Smith... Fourth quarter rolls around and we are tied but I'd lose the tiebreaker, and the Giants trot out Derek Carr to finish the game since the Giants were down big. I figure I'm screwed... But then I notice that Smith is still out there. So on the Giants' last possession of the game, on their very last offensive play of the game, Smith catches a simple 5 yard out, and I win by one point and go on to win the SB.

I also remember winning the SB the year that DeAngelo Williams scored 20 TDs. I had a huge lead but opponent had DeAngelo Williams and John Kasay against the Giants on MNF. Williams scores 4 TDs and my opponent cuts the lead to under 2 points. Kasay lines up for the game winning FG for Carolina which also would have won the game for my opponent. He misses the FG and the game goes to OT. Williams gets maybe 7 yards rushing, but Carolina goes 3 and out and doesn't see the ball again. I win the SB by .7 points.

I used to play in a league that awarded points for yards per carry, if you got 5 or more carries. This made Daunte Culpepper and Mike Vick types ridiculously valuable. I was winning the championship game, and the last player to go was Ben Roethlisberger, who was my opponents QB. At the end of the game, I was ahead by 4. Big Ben starts to take knees to run out the clock and cement my championship season. Upon taking his second and final knee, he gets his fifth carry, giving him 5 YPC for the night, and I lose the championship. I don't know that anybody else in the history of fantasy football has lost a game because his opponent's QB took a knee.

wow....there are prob quite a few if i really racked my brain...but ill take it way back....to my first year in a high stakes league ive been in ever since....first year...99....

i had the last pick of the first round/first of the 2nd...on the turn i took marshall faulk...he was basically a one man team....

im playing for the championship(we dont do playoffs just best record...with position weeks...was the defacto championship and we play all the way through wk 17)

going into the game it was known the rams didnt have anything to play for.....so playing faulk was kind of risky.....we had also picked up a rookie receiver by the name of torry holt....awhile ago off waivers.....we didnt play him much....im fairly sure all guys in our game on both teams played in 1 oclock games...

anyways....faulk does his usual thing....6 carries for like 80 yards and a td....catches a td pass as well....but was done pretty early....robert holcombe ended up getting like 20 carries later on the day.....we had taken a shot with torry holt too.....he caught a td from warner in the 3rd quarter.....i think either right after that or shortly after he got pulled for joe germaine.......late in the game the rams are down 7.....and were praying for some more garbage time production as were down a few points.....germaine gets picked off and ran back for a td with like 1:30 left....to make it a 14 point lead for philly.....philly kicks off and the next play germaine hits holt for a 63 yard td......i had pretty much convinced myself the rams were just going to kneel on the ball or run the ball on first down and kneel on it......i was elated and ran around like a mad man

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis

I used to play in a league that awarded points for yards per carry, if you got 5 or more carries. This made Daunte Culpepper and Mike Vick types ridiculously valuable. I was winning the championship game, and the last player to go was Ben Roethlisberger, who was my opponents QB. At the end of the game, I was ahead by 4. Big Ben starts to take knees to run out the clock and cement my championship season. Upon taking his second and final knee, he gets his fifth carry, giving him 5 YPC for the night, and I lose the championship. I don't know that anybody else in the history of fantasy football has lost a game because his opponent's QB took a knee.

might have been the same game....but im pretty sure i remember hearing a story about how ben taking several knees cost a guy a championship because he lost decimal points with the negative yardage

There have been so many over the years that I just can't remember the details of. So many nail-biting MNF games. The ones you win make our all better. However, the ones you lose made me miserable and I couldn't sleep. The next day I'm walking around in an angry fog. However, as the years have gone by and the amount of leagues I'm in have increased, the less those close losses throw me off.

2010, the "Vick/Redskins Monday night" game. Had 7 of 9 players score a combined total of 23 points (including two goose-eggs), Andre Johnson and Vick were the only ones who really did anything that week for my team. Opponent had DJax going that Mon nite too against me, I was trailing 75-43 at gametime start. After that game, the rest of the league knew their only hope was for MV7 to go down.

My "bad beat" is getting beat out for the division title (i.e. $) one year on our last Monday night game before playoffs. JStew ran all krazy in the game, getting his team owner about 5 more points to win the tiebreaker (total season points scored) since we had the same record.

Back in 99' we were still an overall points league. It was an ugly year until I "acquired" Beuerlein and Garner to try to catch our commish who was running away with the league. I was about 200 points down with 4 weeks left. Well, heading into week 17 I reduced the deficit to around 30 points. Beuerlein put up over 300 yards and 5 TDs in that week as the Panthers tried to make their bid for the playoffs. I had caught up and taken a slight lead with his last TD. However this was the point royal battle between the Panthers and Packers for the last playoff spot, and the commish had Favre who came right off the bench and threw another TD sinking my comeback season.

We still talk about that week at some point every year.

Week 17 2002, I was tied for first going into the Sunday Night Game and I was done, had no more players left. The guy that was tied with me had Garrison Hearst playing. Long story short, Hearst fumbles twice and he gets -2 points for the game. Championship Baby!!!!

Couple come to mind... one great for me, one not so much.

Way back when Randy Moss was a rookie, he played the Packers in Lambeau on MNF. I was up BIG going into the game, until ol' Randy put up 190 yards and 2 scores on the Pack. We had big bonuses in that league (length of TDs, going over 100 yards, etc.) so he had like 50 points or something. I ended up getting my arse handed to me. :kicksrock:

Fast forward to MNF Week 16 of last year (Championship for most leagues). Was in championship against my good Huddle buddy Gopher. I was up by 4-5 points going in and was rockin' NaVorro Bowman. Goph had Paul Worrilow and Anquan Boldin. So he was probably the prohibitive favorite to overtake me.

From the opening whistle, it went back and forth. Bowman would make a tackle (he finished with 9 solos), and then Worrilow would make one on next series (he finished with 5). Then Boldin would make a catch (had 6 grabs). I surged ahead when Bowman caused and recovered a fumble... :yay: .... only to fall behind again when Boldin caught a TD. :sad:

The end of the game drew closer, and I was down 5 or 6 points. I felt dejected, knowing that with the Falcons scoring late and kicking to the Niners, that my scoring opportunities were pretty tapped. Oh wait! The Falcons pull off an onside kick! :woot: And recover! They're moving the balls, and I do a quick check and compute that I would need 3 solo tackles by Bowman to tie... with about a minute and a half left. Essentially, he'd have to make every tackle left. :blink:

I was at a sports bar in my native SoCal and my buddy (who is not exactly a football afficianado) says "dude, what if your dude intercepts for a TD?". I scoffed and said "well then I'm dancing in the bar"..... literally 15 seconds later, Matt Ryan throws a little slant and Bowman steps in, picks the pass off and is running 65 yards the other way for the pick-6. :shocking:

So, won by a couple of points literally on the last play of the game. Sorry, Gopher. :moon:

I won my matchup because of that Same play. I remember feeling the same dejected feeling 1 min and the next I was doing my end zone dance. Good memories

Forget the year, who the opponent was or even who the player was. Raiders were playing on MNF, week 13, I had a WR going. I needed to win and possibly clear points tie-breaker to make the playoffs. They player had a big night (100+ yards, 2TDs) and not only did ai make the playoffs (some $$ and chance at more), but I won the weekly high score (another $25) and moved into 2nd/3rd in our total points pot (maybe $100). I was jumpinb up and down at my brothers place in LA where I was visiting. He didn't know about or understand FF much and I kept yelling at the screen for the player to score me more points and then that I'd won all this money.

I tried looking it up now but couldn't find it, want to say around 2001-2005.