[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Saints Backfield

Dolphin_Akie

sounds right until it changes. I think Robinson could supplant Thomas. I don't think Ingram develops into anything more than what we have already seen

I thought Robinson was more likely to be battling Ingram for the carries with Thomas taking the old Sproles role? Khiry's not really been used to catch passes before but I suppose they could groom him for that.

pretty much

Yep, but with more running downs than before.

sounds right until it changes. I think Robinson could supplant Thomas. I don't think Ingram develops into anything more than what we have already seen

Don't be looking for Robinson to supplant anyone but Ingram. Completely different backs for completely different purposes. If you had to do a depth chart for the Saints backfield it would look more like this:

RB1 - Ingram, Robinson

RB2 - Thomas, Cadet

Ingram is the starter and will get the majority of the carries, including most short yardage and goalline work. He will also start seeing more receptions as well. Robinson will be brought in just to spell Ingram.

Thomas will see more of a traditional 3rd down role, but will still be used in the screen game and will still see some change-of-pace carries as well. Cadet will be PTs replacement if he is injured, otherwise will likely only see return duty.

• Like 1

If what rajn says is true, Ingram's going to be a steal in most drafts outside of nola.

hope hes right....im pretty well stacked at wr....have lacy and ellington as my top 2 backs....i have moreno, ingram and hyde on my bench....i could use ingram to come through and make a good flex or rb 2 for byes or injuries...hes the guy im looking at most to step up out of that bunch....