[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Early Pick Defenses (and Lynch)

heehawks

I feel compelled to start a thread stating that picking a defense too early...i.e Seattle in the 6th, 7th or 8th round...is just plain silly. Figures that the #1 defense coming off all ff boards only has 1 point in the 1st half of play. I love my heehawks and do not have them in any of my drafts, even as a homer, and instead I put my eggs into picking WRs or RBs in those early/middle rounds. I never understand the mentality of picking a defense that early in any draft in any format.

On a side note, those who thought Lynch was done, shame on you...

• 2 months later...

Revisiting...

I know there's another thread rolling about my Heehawks def already, but wanted to point out a few things. One thing that surprised me so far is that we have quietly creeped up to 4th overall defense in the NFL (not fantasy). That is pretty damn good considering how historically good they were last year (bar has been ridiculously raised), how many injuries they have had, and how parity makes it tough to repeat such things in this day and age in the NFL. Now as for fantasy, they have not been the fantasy juggernaut that everyone thought they would be, that is for sure. And they are probably one of the biggest busts for ADP. However, they have been better as of late and as a few huddlers have pointed out already, their opposition QB schedule is pretty good down the stretch. Even if they do have a strong finish to the season (fantasy wise), it confounds me that people took them in the middle/early rounds of drafts.

As for Lynch, now that we are 10 games in with a much bigger sample size....again, shame on you for those who thought he was done! :brow: