[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ok, Mr. Wilson...

APackersOwner

Dude's pretty good, and I'm glad I own him as a backup in several leagues.. But Russell Wilson reminds me of a new era Jim McMahon. He's a game manager on a team with a studly defense, and a well balanced offense.

If the game were on the line in the 4th quarter - 2 minutes left with no timeouts and needed to go 80 yards downfield, Wilson wouldn't be in my top 10 of QB's Id want leading the charge..

Just for the sake of a debate - here's QB's who I'd rather have in the above situation (no particular order):

Manning

Brady

Brees

Luck

Rodgers

Stafford

Ryan

Flappo

Roethlisberger

Kaepernick

I'll take him over the majority of that list and in the playoffs I will take him over Peyton Manning as well even if THAT is an opinion you are not allowed to have.

I'll take him over the majority of that list and in the playoffs I will take him over Peyton Manning as well even if THAT is an opinion you are not allowed to have.

The one on Shorty's list that I just don't get is Stafford. Flacco is laughable though, as Flacco is pretty much just a guy who happened to make bank because of one three game tear to win a SB. But with Stafford, you have almost the anti-Wilson. Stafford not only has never won anything of real relevance, but he's accomplished that with an elite freak WR who would make anyone look good. So why exactly would anyone trust Stafford over Wilson? What has Stafford's body of work proven?

I drafted Wilson as my 2nd QB behind Foles. I figure Foles is a very high upside relative unknown still and who better to back him up than a guy who is a really good football player who takes care of the ball and though he won't win me a championship, he won't kill me either.

Due in large part to Kaep's performance week one last year, I expected about what we got out of Wilson the other night.

• Like 1

Flappo, you're off this list. What a dumbass.. Wilson, you're now in the top 10.

You got 8 seconds to make a quick play or throw it away. Instead you stand back there, dance around, and let all the time off the clock, then throw it away. Had Pitta in the endzone the play before, but tried throwing a field goal instead.. Hopefully Baltimore is irrelevant for a long time, f'ng worthless, overpaid hack.

Edited by Shorttynaz
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

:thinking: Today was something like his 11th or 12th late game winning drive in 30+ some games.

Yes but he has that defense and Lynch. And his comebacks aren't nearly as impressive as Luck's, coming from 21+ behind to win. He's basically a slightly better Trent Dilfer.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Dude's pretty good, and I'm glad I own him as a backup in several leagues.. But Russell Wilson reminds me of a new era Jim McMahon. He's a game manager on a team with a studly defense, and a well balanced offense.

I don't know. McMahon was pretty good.

Against Carolina, Wilson saw only an inevitable triumph. Wilson knew victory was possible because he had orchestrated 11 fourth-quarter or overtime comebacks in 43 career NFL games. Make that 12 comebacks now.

And Wilson doesn't wear a headband.