[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rams Defense

Scorcher

Well I only saw bits and pieces of the game on redzone, and it was filled with proof of a HORRID Rams offense. I wondered from day 1 why the Huddle had them ranked #2 in the league. I understand they have a freakish front 7, but really how much does that matter if you are on the field the entire game?

Regardless, I drafted the Rams because I knew they would be looked over in my league, so I hope they prove to be worth holding onto within the next week or two....

Edited by GoldenEagle81

I think it's a combination of things. Certainly the offense was so bad that the D spent the entire day on the field and they were tired. But this defense, I would argue, has been overrated in the preseason. What the Rams have is a fierce pass rush. They also have lots of guys who have a tendency to over-pursue, which makes them very vulnerable to the run. Add in an above-average-but not-spectacular linebacking corps and a young, unproven and highly suspect secondary and you have a very average defense overall.

• Like 1

Losing Long for 2nd half hurt also. they lost 1/2 of the pass rush. MN was just better prepared for the tighter officiating, too many penalties on STL. You cannot win when you commit penalties, cannot protect your QB (Vikes had 5+ sacks) and that led to 2 Int/turnovers (one Smith took back to the house). I actually thought their Def played well except for the gimmick run plays with C Patterson, who is a stud in the making.

The reality is Hill is not he answer at QB and neither is the Austin Kid (he played ok in rough spot) but without a QB they are done... Especially in he NFC West.

MN Def looked completely different in play calling also... Blitzing from everywhere...

Best color commentary for MN fan was... Late in blowout, STL completes 2-3 throws vs our "PREVENT" and on 3rd down the Vikes bring 2 extra guys to blitz... Comment from Booth was "Coach Zimmer saw enough of the prevent..."

Yea I saw Long out and with their miserable offense, I think this is going to be a long year...I really liked the Rams coming into this year, snagged them as 4th overall D (behind Sea, SF, Den...but left Carolina on the board) thinking my draft was near picture perfect, but not gonna be at D.

Interestingly enough, Tampa Bay is on the vine and I could pick them up and play them against the rams, but those kind of moves always kill me. So I am holding off so far.

Miami's defense intrigues me. Their performance v. New England was quite impressive and despite a very weak LB core, they have a studly D-Line and a very nice secondary. Anyone have any further thoughts on the Phins?

Miami's defense intrigues me. Their performance v. New England was quite impressive and despite a very weak LB core, they have a studly D-Line and a very nice secondary. Anyone have any further thoughts on the Phins?

I picked them up in my local to replace.....the Rams! Their pathetic performance last weekend cost me a W.

IMO, they have a nice 3 game stretch coming up.

I picked them up in my local to replace.....the Rams! Their pathetic performance last weekend cost me a W.

I did the same exact thing. In the league I have the Rams I ended up tying; the Rams contribution was one lousy point! I also grabbed Tennessee and am looking good for streaming.

They sure do, but it's a bit more dicey when they come off bye. It's hard to play D matchups...sometimes what looks good isn't as good. I don't just want to "go against" bad offenses, I want the defense against that offense to be good.