[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Still laughing at DMD

Grits and Shins

I failed to calculate them handing them three touchdowns in the first half. The 49ers defense was a bit better despite their losses. I did not predict a Dallas win and right now it is going to be hard to see them winning with that defense and Romo looking so bad. Their offensive line did not look as good as it was suppposed to look. Mark my words - long season for the Cowboys and it will end very poorly. Garrett if finally gone in a rebuilding. I have only one Cowboy player on my ten teams.

Dave I am just giving you a hard time ... I am traditionally much more skeptical about the ability of the Cowboys to play a full 60 minutes of good football, regardless of their opponent. The organization is rotten to the core, starting at the very top.

Edited by Grits and Shins

I failed to calculate them handing them three touchdowns in the first half. The 49ers defense was a bit better despite their losses. I did not predict a Dallas win and right now it is going to be hard to see them winning with that defense and Romo looking so bad. Their offensive line did not look as good as it was suppposed to look. Mark my words - long season for the Cowboys and it will end very poorly. Garrett if finally gone in a rebuilding. I have only one Cowboy player on my ten teams.

Hey, you get to play the Rams!

Hey, you get to play the Rams!

I haven't heard about the status of Shaun Hill but the Rams will win this year. The over/under for Vikings wins this year was 5 1/2 last time I checked. It was a tribute to the players that they have that they could win that many last year. The play calling wouldn't win many HS games. Vikes have actual coaching this year and they will be solid.

I failed to calculate them handing them three touchdowns in the first half.

Or a near total lack of a QB. Honestly I can't recall seeing Romo look so bad. Each of those INTs was a "what the frak was he thinking?" throws.

The Suck for Mariota strat? ;)

Or a near total lack of a QB. Honestly I can't recall seeing Romo look so bad. Each of those INTs was a "what the frak was he thinking?" throws.

The Suck for Mariota strat? ;)

And he threw at least 2 that I remember that were basically hail Mary heaves. The one was completed but both could have easily been picked

The game was much closer that the score indicated. The Cowboys turned the ball over 4 times, had the ball at the 2 yard line, failed to score, and threw picks in the end-zone. They dominated the yardage and moved the ball at will in the first half. They ran the ball for triple digits and while the 49ers defense was depleted, without the 4 turn-overs, fumbling on the first run for TD, the Cowboys moved the ball at will and the game really should have been a toss-up.

The game was much closer that the score indicated. The Cowboys turned the ball over 4 times, had the ball at the 2 yard line, failed to score, and threw picks in the end-zone. They dominated the yardage and moved the ball at will in the first half. They ran the ball for triple digits and while the 49ers defense was depleted, without the 4 turn-overs, fumbling on the first run for TD, the Cowboys moved the ball at will and the game really should have been a toss-up.

The game was NOT much closer than the score indicated ... the Cowboys never threatened to take the lead and never offered a real threat to the 49'ers. The amount of yards the offense can roll up is irrelevant when they can't put points on the board. The 49ers had their way with the Cowboys and the score is closer than the game was.

• Like 2

Dave I am just giving you a hard time ... I am traditionally much more skeptical about the ability of the Cowboys to play a full 60 minutes of good football, regardless of their opponent. The organization is rotten to the core, starting at the very top.

"Very top" being the key phrase. Jones needs to sit back and enjoy the fruits of his labor and keep his hands out of the cookie jar.

The game was NOT much closer than the score indicated ... the Cowboys never threatened to take the lead and never offered a real threat to the 49'ers. The amount of yards the offense can roll up is irrelevant when they can't put points on the board. The 49ers had their way with the Cowboys and the score is closer than the game was.

i know it is hard, but try to look at it from another perspective- while being depleted defensively, the 49ers were still able to create 4 turnovers and 3 sacks, and hold a high powered offense to 17 pts. plus there was opportunity to grab two more balls from romo. i did see a lot of pressure on romo. time will tell whether that was good o-line work from dal or lack of depth from sf. offensive game plan changes after a big lead is establish (just look around the league at that). kaep looked very solid with his decision making. again, the big lead turned him into a game manager for the day.

Edited by Bier Meister

I hate the Cowboys and I also think the game was closer than the score. Or at least it should have been. Yeah the defense had a few sacks, but the interceptions were absolute gifts. Yes they caught the ball when given the chance, but these weren't unreal defensive plays. Romo was god awful.

The fact that Murray was running how he did throws out any idea that the 9ers manhandled them. The dallas d is awful and kaep did look great early on, but the niners did leave the door open early second half. Romo just sucked!

Not saying the niners didn't deserve the w, they most certainly did, but they were a huge beneficiary of some mind boggling Dallas decisions

the point differential changed the game plan for each team. dal was running very effectively and should have kept going with it. sf was passing well early on...... so dal needs to pick up bigger chunks of yards and work quickly. sf otoh, needs to shorten the game and use the clock as a 12th man. i was surprised, but sf covered pretty well vs some very good wrs (especially with their injuries) ... little pressure on romo though. kaep could have had a hugh game. hyde looked very good for the 9ers future.

I hate the Cowboys and I also think the game was closer than the score. Or at least it should have been. Yeah the defense had a few sacks, but the interceptions were absolute gifts. Yes they caught the ball when given the chance, but these weren't unreal defensive plays. Romo was god awful.

The fact that Murray was running how he did throws out any idea that the 9ers manhandled them. The dallas d is awful and kaep did look great early on, but the niners did leave the door open early second half. Romo just sucked!

Not saying the niners didn't deserve the w, they most certainly did, but they were a huge beneficiary of some mind boggling Dallas decisions

How exactly was the game closer than the score? It is 100% irrelevant how well Dallas moved the ball or how many yards they rolled up. It is irrelevant how well Murray ran the ball. What IS relevant is the ability to develop a solid game plan, execute said game plan with minimal mistakes, adjust said game plan based on how the game is unfolding and finally to capitalize on opportunities to score while minimizing your opponent's scoring. Dallas failed on all those fronts ... last time I checked you don't get any points in the NFL for running the ball well or amassing yards. If you do not think Dallas was dominated in that game then I am not sure we were watching the same game.

Edited by Grits and Shins
  • Like 1