[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Justin Forsett might be the grab of the year.

Alphashado

Exactly, no double jeopardy.

Isn't double jeopardy irrelevant if new significant facts come to life?

If I kill someone, but am found not guilty due to lack of proof, then 6 months later a video comes out with me committing the murder, the case can be re-opened.

Please note: This is not based on real-life events

• Like 1

Isn't double jeopardy irrelevant if new significant facts come to life?

If I kill someone, but am found not guilty due to lack of proof, then 6 months later a video comes out with me committing the murder, the case can be re-opened.

Please note: This is not based on real-life events

http://espn.go.com/n...hitting-fiancee

Double jeopardy means that you cannot be tried twice for the same crime by the same jurisdiction.

In the case of Ray Rice, it means that the Ravens running back cannot be put in jeopardy, a criminal prosecution, for punching his then-fiancée.

Even if the prosecutor tried to use different charges it would not be allowed if the underlying facts are the same. So double jeopardy does apply and Rice cannot be charged again in the case.

The NFL cannot increase Rice's punishment by claiming the league did not know the seriousness of what Rice did. First, who didn't know that Rice punched Palmer while in the elevator? Did anyone really think she fainted?

Second, the punishment has already been decided both in court and by the NFL and has been partially served by Rice.

If the NFL or the Ravens tried to increase the punishment by claiming they didn't know what he did, they would lose in court.

-- Roger Cossack, ESPN legal analyst

• Like 1

Rice was just released by the Ravens. Hate to say I told you so. But I told you so. Gratz to anyone that grabbed Forsett before the flood gates opened, and my personal feelings are that this is a good thing. Buh bye Ray. Maybe he will think twice next time he thinks about punching a woman in the face.

Edited by Alphashado
  • Like 1

Yeah for the mob mentality. I do not condone what Rice did, it was wrong. But this is just completely hypocritical. Where was this push with Ray Lewis or why is Greg Hardy still playing considering this is his 3rd abuse case?

• Like 1

All I can say is thanks for the heads up! Hopefully Forsett will pan out and this won't be a complete disaster. Rice was going to be an awesome flex play though. :oops:

You're welcome. Hopefully a few other people saw my initial post this morning and grabbed him. At the very least you got a starting RB. We all know how valuable they are even if they are bad lol. I was hoping this would drag out for a few days so that I could get Forsett off the waivers when they clear wed morning. But it's everywhere now. Even the crappiest players in my league are going to be well aware of the situation.. and since I am #10 in both leagues for waiver priority, I doubt I will get him.

But I put it out there this morning to help guys like you. So gratz on the free RB :)

P.S If he sucks don't blame me lol <--- Disclaimer

Edited by Alphashado
  • Like 1

You're welcome. Hopefully a few other people saw my initial post this morning and grabbed him. At the very least you got a starting RB. We all know how valuable they are even if they are bad lol. I was hoping this would drag out for a few days so that I could get Forsett off the waivers when they clear wed morning. But it's everywhere now. Even the crappiest players in my league are going to be well aware of the situation.. and since I am #10 in both leagues for waiver priority, I doubt I will get him.

But I put it out there this morning to help guys like you. So gratz on the free RB :)

P.S If he sucks don't blame me lol <--- Disclaimer

Well hopefully most leagues don't use FCFS for all free agents, and some sort of waiver or blind bid process is used. I'm looking at him and might try for him in waivers. But I'm probably going to win so I'll be in the bottom half of the order.

Hey i got it...the Ravens should trade their 2015 #7 pick to the Colts for TRich.

Memo to Jim Irsay: don't buy high when you are high because you will have to sell low when you are really low. :fool:

Edited by wpayers
  • Like 2

Can someone explain the knock on Forsett? I understand he is 28, but that aside, looking at his numbers it seems he has almost always produced when given a chance. And he is a solid pass-catcher as well. As far as why he has always been a backup; could it have anything to do with the fact that he played behind Lynch, Jones-Drew and Foster? I'm not saying he is a legit RB because I don't know. I'm just genuinely curious as to what the actual reasons are. Is he slow? Poor pass-blocker? Is he too brittle?

Edited by Chloroform Rx