[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Justin Forsett might be the grab of the year.

Alphashado

Any thoughts regarding burning your #1 waiver priority for Forsett? I am in need of RB help, but not convinced I take the chance the first week of the season.

That's a tough call. Right now the only confirmation we have that Forsett will be the starter is from an inside feild reporter in Balt. If the team comes out and officially lists Forsett as the starter, then I would say yes. That is why you save those #1 priorities. So that you get 1st dibs on a sure thing. Even if he doesn't do great, he would still be a starting RB and they don't exactly fall off trees.

Otherwise you can save it and wait for an injury to a different starter and hope that his back up is better than Forsett.

Perennially produces in fantasy. If forsett approaches that type of production he would make a fine 4th 5th rb on a squad.

We must be thinking about different players then ... Forsett's last 3 years

2013 - 6 rushes, 31 yards ... 15 catches 82 yards

2012 - 63 rushes, 375 yards, 1 TD ... 3 catches for 38 yards

2011 - 46 rushes, 145 yards, 1 TD ... 23 catches for 128 yards

Edited by Grits and Shins

We must be thinking about different players then ... Forsett's last 3 years

2013 - 6 rushes, 31 yards ... 15 catches 82 yards

2012 - 63 rushes, 375 yards, 1 TD ... 3 catches for 38 yards

2011 - 46 rushes, 145 yards, 1 TD ... 23 catches for 128 yards

Yes we are. I was referring to Fred jackson. You said Jackson is "perennially" fighting for his job. If a guy who aside from a shortened season due to injury is putting up between 850 and 1000 yards from the rb position I'll gladly take him as my 4/5 rb. The earlier comment referred to forsetts age and Jackson's career blooming late. If forsett produced similar to Jackson hed be worth rostering.

Side note/question, I realize this is a fantasy football forum and people have their own opinions but nearly every thread I read if person A thinks it's black you say it's white, person B says go you say stop. Baffling. And I'm not returning to this thread for any rebuttal. Back to regularly scheduled forsett programming

Edited by Joebirds55
  • Like 1

Yes we are. I was referring to Fred jackson. You said Jackson is "perennially" fighting for his job. If a guy who aside from a shortened season due to injury is putting up between 850 and 1000 yards from the rb position I'll gladly take him as my 4/5 rb. The earlier comment referred to forsetts age and Jackson's career blooming late. If forsett produced similar to Jackson hed be worth rostering.

Side note/question, I realize this is a fantasy football forum and people have their own opinions but nearly every thread I read if person A thinks it's black you say it's white, person B says go you say stop. Baffling. And I'm not returning to this thread for any rebuttal. Back to regularly scheduled forsett programming

Well Jackson has a bit over 200 carries each of the last 2 years and less than 900 yards each year, with around 40 receptions and 300'ish yards receiving. I think in terms of football he has never been regarded as durable enough to be the main guy ... but part of a package.

Not only was he cut, but he ASKED to be cut.

He watched Carlos Hyde play yesterday.

• Like 2

Just one guys opinion, but he doesn't think Forsett will take over and carry the load for Baltimore.

One thing I did not know, that was Pierce's first fumble of his career, and he gets benched right away? I think without Ray Rice they'll have to give him another try.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/fantasy-football-today/24701360/sorting-through-the-ravens-run-game

Justin Forsett does not deserve a place in anyone's lineup. He is undersized, runs a 4.8 40, and never falls forward. He's been given opportunities before, and failed to ever take advantage. There is a reason he is a 3rd RB at best, and has been for his whole career. Don't waste your waiver spot. This guy doesn't really have the talent to be in the NFL, but has gotten by on toughness, character, and being Marshawn Lynch's best man.

Well whatever the issue is with Forsett it doesn't appear to be based on any numbers as he's averaged 4.9 YPC for his career and has lost 1 fumble over 5 years. The games in which he received 10+ carries all average out to 5+ YPC. So looking at the "chances" he's been given, it doesn't look like he did a whole lot to show he can't get the job done. That said, I've not actually watched very much of his game play, so I'm relying solely on numbers which doesn't always tell the whole story. That's why I was wondering what the knock on him was. I'm sure there is something, I'm just curious as to what it is.

I'm very suprised no one has mentioned Taliaferro as a possible replacement for the Baltimore RB

Shhhhh...

Actually, he's probably a bit too green yet to be trusted. Most likely we will see much more of a RBBC approach. But I am real interested to see how he handles the opportunity. I drafted him in my dynasty league with expectations of Rice being on his way out anyway in a year or two. I'm hoping that what they've seen from him already helped make their decision to cut Rice much easier.

Edited by rajncajn
  • Like 2

I think this is going to be a mess. Lottery ticket pick-up of one of these guys great, otherwise....

Baltimore's run schedule the next 6 weeks isn't great and it'll take at least 2-3 weeks for this RBBC between Forsett and Pierce to settle. Pretty sure Forsett's last shot at a starting gig ended up with Seattle acquiring Marshawn Lynch. If Taliaferro has even Steve Slaton-level talent he should have this gig by mid-season, assuming you can wait that long.

I would take Taliaferro for the higher upside.

My gut tells me that they are going to use all three of them on Thursday night and whoever looks the best will get the most carries in the future. As mentioned above, Forsett has had impressive stats throughout his carreer. So i'ts hard to understand why he hasn't been given more opportunities. There must be a reason. He is small of stature. Similar to C.J Spiller. He sure looked good on sunday though. He was explosive and showed good vision as well as having previous experience with the new zone blocking scheme the Ravens are using.

They drafted L.T in the 4th round though. They would love to play with their new toy. He is much bigger and heavier than Forsett.

This is really not a good comparison but how long was Priest Holmes in the league before he busted out in KC?

He signed with the Ravens in 1997 as an undrafted free agent. He lost the starting job to Jamal Lewis in 2000.

He then went to the Chiefs in 2001 and the rest is history. So 4 years is the the answer to your question.

Sometimes it just takes the right system for a guy to click. There are several examples. Marshawn lynch was a borderline bust for the Bills. He went to Seattle and is now one of the leagues best RBs.

Not that Forsett is going to put up numbers like Holmes or Lynch, but both are good examples of how a change of scenery can sometimes lead to great things. Forsett's numbers are really not that bad at all. We will see for ourselves tonight as he is going to get plenty of opportunities.

Edited by Alphashado

Pierce had almost a 2:1 touch ratio advantage over Forsett which probably can be explained by the game flow more than anything else. The Ravens fed Pierce with a decent lead most of the second half. Pierce looks like a decent buy low IMO, though it is probably a little late now.