[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Commentary From The Edge

ChampSampson

Was really hoping that this column would come back again! The best Fantasy Football column on the net

By far! I miss it already ready. Was really hoping for just one about the whole Ray Rice debacle. The potential is unlimited.

Since you started 50yr is the new 40yr. That's 10 more years!

Unfortunately I feel 60, and about 80 the day after I wrench out a column.

i dunno, whenever I read your columns I get the impression it's kind of a catharsis for you. I assume you get paid for it also. Do it as long as the money's worth the effort I say. We'll tell you if you start being irrelevant, until then age really is just nothing but a number. You don't hear Keith Richards asking if he's "too old" to bang models and smoke Marlboro Reds do you?

Well, the honest truth is that I have priced myself out of the writing profession. I simply can't take a "day off" to write even if I am being paid a moderate sum. I am simply too valuable to my own business ventures to commit to "play-day" once a week. Especially when that play-day gives me a "hangover" of sorts that leaves my virtually worthless the next day. If I could only clone myself I would let that other jerk run things and I would just keep writing the column. Yes, I love the column as much as you all do. I only wish someone else could write it for me to read on Tuesday mornings.

Thanks for all of the laughs over the years, Kevin. Any thought given to writing a monthly submission?

Yes, that was discussed - but bottom line it is still a commitment. It is possible there will be a few submissions this year though - absolutely a possibility.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm 50 years old. Don't you think it's time I grow up?

Nah, I'm 51 going on 15, myself...so I say long live adolescence! And, by the way, thanks for the many years of genuinly deep belly laughs you've provided me. I can't count the number of times that, while reading your column over the years, I have burst into a real "laugh out loud" moment (and not just the pretentious "LOL" made popular by today's youth and social media), which was usually followed by my wife looking at me with a raised eyebrow and a WTF expression! Priceless!

Gee guys....ya'll are making me blush. Makes me wish I had actually put some effort and puncuation into it. Well, maybe next time.

• Like 1