[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ben Tate Out...Terrance West

Fig19

So I just heard this morning on Sirius XM that Ben Tate is out 2-4 weeks. Luckily I drafted West knowing that this would eventually happen, sooner than I thought though.

How does everyone like West? His stat line was pretty good, but I didn't watch the Cleveland game. Did he look good?

In one of my leagues I own Tate and added West. Crowell is still sitting on waivers and I'm dreading the idea that I may soon own all 3 on one team. I told myself I'd never get into this mess again :kicksrock:

haha I hear you, i'm almost half way there myself if I pick up Crowell too, but I'm just hoping someone else does it instead

Full disclosure: drafted Tate in one league - dropped West based on his preseason (yes, I'm a dumbass) - have Crowell on more than one team.

West is clearly ahead on the depth chart -- but Crowell was the more highly touted high school recruit. He was an UDFA because of getting into trouble…not talent.

I think West would need to do something to lose the start - but Crowell probably has more upside. If your bench permits it, I think Crowell is worth a stash.

I do worry that when Tate comes back in a few weeks --- all 3 backs limit each other's values.

I'm a fan of that OL and the running scheme -- but worry that all of the backs might end up killing each other's values.

The reason I dropped West prior to week 1 - was I thought Crowell would eventually surpass him based on his preseason struggles. Of course, I wasn't expecting Tate to get injured SO quickly - and then West faired much better in his first real game. I didn't watch that game - so I'm not sure how much was West playing well, versus Pitt D struggling and/or getting complacent with the big lead.

Full disclosure: drafted Tate in one league - dropped West based on his preseason (yes, I'm a dumbass) - have Crowell on more than one team.

West is clearly ahead on the depth chart -- but Crowell was the more highly touted high school recruit. He was an UDFA because of getting into trouble…not talent.

I think West would need to do something to lose the start - but Crowell probably has more upside. If your bench permits it, I think Crowell is worth a stash.

I do worry that when Tate comes back in a few weeks --- all 3 backs limit each other's values.

I'm a fan of that OL and the running scheme -- but worry that all of the backs might end up killing each other's values.

The reason I dropped West prior to week 1 - was I thought Crowell would eventually surpass him based on his preseason struggles. Of course, I wasn't expecting Tate to get injured SO quickly - and then West faired much better in his first real game. I didn't watch that game - so I'm not sure how much was West playing well, versus Pitt D struggling and/or getting complacent with the big lead.

I agree and I didn't know much about Crowell until I heard his story recently. Apparently he's extremely talented and equal to or above West, I just don't know if I want half of the Cleveland backfield on my team lol. I think i'm going to roll with West this week and see what happens, at the very least I think he will get a majority of the carries and then i'll re-evaluate. I do agree though that once Tate comes back, it's going to be a three headed monster mess in the backfield and any guy is going to be a risk to start.

We shall see

Edited by Fig19

Crowell isn't just a guy with an opportunity (he is) but he is a guy with elite level talent. West is good with an opportunity but Crowell faced better talent in college and produced. Crowell is still a little raw but I think he emerges ad the lead RB by mid-late season

While I agree on Crowell's talent, I can't say that he will overtake both Tate & West. Just like the Baltimore situation, you're looking at a RBBC at best this year. Very few teams, even the Browns, are willing to depend that heavily on a single back, let alone a rookie right away. Now moving forward, if I'm in a dynasty league and if he's available, I'd be jumpiong all over Crowell and stashing him on my taxi squad.

I agree and I didn't know much about Crowell until I heard his story recently. Apparently he's extremely talented and equal to or above West, I just don't know if I want half of the Cleveland backfield on my team lol. I think i'm going to roll with West this week and see what happens, at the very least I think he will get a majority of the carries and then i'll re-evaluate. I do agree though that once Tate comes back, it's going to be a three headed monster mess in the backfield and any guy is going to be a risk to start.

We shall see

For this week - and in the short term, I think West is a strong option. Kicking myself for having dropped him.

What will be interesting to see - is how quickly they have a role figured out for Crowell.

For this week - and in the short term, I think West is a strong option. Kicking myself for having dropped him.

What will be interesting to see - is how quickly they have a role figured out for Crowell.

Agreed, doesn't matter, whoever I start will honda the bed anyway lol. (HAHA, FYI, the Huddle inserted the word HONDA for my better choice word of sh*t!) Edited by Fig19

No offense..but the Saints D isn't facing Ryan, Jones and White this week

true but when news breaks of Cameron's missing this week (just a hunch), then those little receivers will be ppr gold, Jerry. Gold.

While I agree on Crowell's talent, I can't say that he will overtake both Tate & West. Just like the Baltimore situation, you're looking at a RBBC at best this year. Very few teams, even the Browns, are willing to depend that heavily on a single back, let alone a rookie right away. Now moving forward, if I'm in a dynasty league and if he's available, I'd be jumpiong all over Crowell and stashing him on my taxi squad.

Too late, I replaced Charles Sims with Crowell in my Taxi cause I was thin at RB

• 2 weeks later...

Is anybody else having troubles with reading the news about West on the front page? Something about "Terrence West getting company". Link gets clicked and no news, only links to Moreno's news. This has actually happened to several "fantasy player news" links over the past couple/few weeks.

Is anybody else having troubles with reading the news about West on the front page? Something about "Terrence West getting company". Link gets clicked and no news, only links to Moreno's news. This has actually happened to several "fantasy player news" links over the past couple/few weeks.

Yes - same thing here.