[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RayGate what happens next?

Cowboyz1

Results of RayGate  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Will Ray Rice be signed by a team in 2014

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Did Roger Goodell see the tape before this week

• Yes, and it will be his undoing
    • Yes, and he weathers the storm
    • Yes, but police told him to keep it to himself as it was an ongoing investigation
    • No, Police would not give them access
    • No

I was listening to espn radio tonight and they said that at some point (didn't catch when) there were 21 teams that had convicted domestic abusers on their active rosters. I don't agree with it, but I also don't agree with him being held to a different standard simply because of the situation either.

Edited by rajncajn

True. The league has a handful of punks like RIce. And I heard today the suspension rate on those criminals is something like 11%. A giant microscope is being stuck up the ass of Goodell and the NFL right now. It is not going to end well.

And yes, lost in these new revelations is the fact that Rice was served double jeopardy and should never have been given the indefinite suspension. Because the information was already available before the first suspension.

In closing - Goodell trucked this up about as well as you possibly can. And he will pay dearly for it I believe.

From a person trying his best to give a completely unbiased opinion here (I know), what I believe should happen is Goodell should immediately relinquish any control he has over league code of conduct or resulting punishments and a panel should be appointed that is made up of representatives from both the league and the players association with an agreed upon outside and impartial arbitrator to settle matters of dispute. Does that mean Goodell should lose his job? It's hard for me to answer that without thinking my personal biased opinion has some sway in that decision. So I'll just say that I'd be satisfied with him losing a great deal of his authority as well as the insurmountable embarrassment and loss of integrity and respect this ordeal has brought with it.

• Like 2

From a person trying his best to give a completely unbiased opinion here (I know), what I believe should happen is Goodell should immediately relinquish any control he has over league code of conduct or resulting punishments and a panel should be appointed that is made up of representatives from both the league and the players association with an agreed upon outside and impartial arbitrator to settle matters of dispute. Does that mean Goodell should lose his job? It's hard for me to answer that without thinking my personal biased opinion has some sway in that decision. So I'll just say that I'd be satisfied with him losing a great deal of his authority as well as the insurmountable embarrassment and loss of integrity and respect this ordeal has brought with it.

I think Goodell should be held up to the same standards he held Sean Peyton when he gutted the Saints. Ignorance is no excuse. right Mr. Commissioner?

• Like 2

People forgive and forget over time if not next year with someone who skips RB inn the draft knowing full well that they will give Rice a chance, then most likely in 2015. It also depends on what Rice does in his time off to show that he is a changed man.

Edited by Dont Rookie Me........

Doesn't Rice have collective bargaining rights like every other NFL player? In no way is he innocent and in my book based on what I know he should be suspended. For what length I don't know? What's the difference between and addiction/Gambling/Conduct Policy? He in no way is a victim but you will see, the union has an EAP program or something? He will be not be banned for life but no team based on corporate sponsorship will touch him for a period of time? But not as heinous of a crime but Vick played again and he killed dogs for sport. This is only my opinion and everyone has one.

Edited by IrishPride

Didn't really see a choice in the "did he see the video" question that I agreed with. I'm thinking somebody at the NFL got and maybe watched the video. Not sure if Goodell did. And it might be his undoing, if not for real legitimate reasons, then to be the scapegoat of the NFL and the owners.

I like rajn's idea about a board to determine punishment. I don't follow other sports as closely, do any of the other big 3 (MLB, NHL, NBA) do something like that. I belive that the NCAA has a group not one person making the decision (not they're very good at it) and I think the OIympic athletes are all governed by the various groups who oversee that discipline, and I'd think they may also use a group to make the decision.

Utlimately this will be more about assigning blame, avoiding more public outcry and other PR related spin moves than doing the right thing.

Doesn't Rice have collective bargaining rights like every other NFL player? In no way is he innocent and in my book based on what I know he should be suspended. For what length I don't know? What's the difference between and addiction/Gambling/Conduct Policy? He in no way is a victim but you will see, the union has an EAP program or something? He will be not be banned for life but no team based on corporate sponsorship will touch him for a period of time? But not as heinous of a crime but Vick played again and he killed dogs for sport. This is only my opinion and everyone has one.

Maybe, but had Vick been caught on video clubbing dogs unconscious would still not be as heinous as watching Rice spit on and cold cock his girl in an elevator, then splay her out like a rug using her feet to stop the elevator doors from closing. Then again, I could be wrong because the pet rights groups would have rallied against Vick! Haven't seen one march or demonstration for Ray's wife. :thinking:

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 1