[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Derek Carr

ImNotSoIgnorant

So week one showing wasn't too shabby. Its still the Raiders and there's the joke that he'll have PTSD from all the sacks/fall backs/knock downs due to a bad O-line.

The Raiders haven't been at least decent for a while. However with a decent, maybe in the future great QB they could build on that through off season pick ups and a decent draft.

Is Derek Carr worthy of a keeper league stash? I assume most would be taking him from waivers so he's draft round would be the bottom in a lot of leagues. Mine in particular is a 4 player keeper with each player moving up one slot each year kept. I'm debating dropping Tre Mason for him, but regardless I'm wondering in general.

How likely do you think this will start bringing the Raiders back to a solid team? What about Carr, will he learn from this year, be able to build on that knowledge, and continue to progress? Bortles, Bridgewater, Manziel. Shrug, to me Carr is the more interesting situation, if not the best for the current year or the future in a fantasy context.

There was another thread floating around about him last week. I'm a believer. I think he has a great skill set, great arm, and a quick release that you need in the NFL. His coaches and players have a lot of confidence in him, and that means a lot. The Raiders will be behind a lot, meaning he will be chucking it all day in many of their games. Could be a solid FF producer this year. Next few weeks, not so much, Houston, @NE, then a bye in week 5, so at least 3 of the next 4 weeks definitely not a good start, but you are probably not picking him up to start him right away anyway. After that, I like his chances to put up some points, at least a plug & play kind of player, maybe more. But I feel like the Lone Ranger, hard to find many people who think a lot of him.

There was another thread floating around about him last week. I'm a believer. I think he has a great skill set, great arm, and a quick release that you need in the NFL. His coaches and players have a lot of confidence in him, and that means a lot. The Raiders will be behind a lot, meaning he will be chucking it all day in many of their games. Could be a solid FF producer this year. Next few weeks, not so much, Houston, @NE, then a bye in week 5, so at least 3 of the next 4 weeks definitely not a good start, but you are probably not picking him up to start him right away anyway. After that, I like his chances to put up some points, at least a plug & play kind of player, maybe more. But I feel like the Lone Ranger, hard to find many people who think a lot of him.

Hard to find? Do you mean in fantasy leagues, reports, broadcasters, etc? I haven't heard much talk about him, so i'm assuming you have not as well?

Hard to find? Do you mean in fantasy leagues, reports, broadcasters, etc? I haven't heard much talk about him, so i'm assuming you have not as well?

Mainly referring to fantasy resources. Fantasy sites, experts, forums, fantasy players, etc. All of the above. The dynasty/keeper league rankings on him are ho-hum as well.