[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Custom Scoring League - Changes QBs Value per Preformance

APackersOwner

I created a FFL with a custom scoring system for QBs

+1 comp / -1 inc

-1 Sacks

-2 INT

-2 Fum

-1 Fum lost

+1 per 20 yds pass

+1 per 10 yds rush

+6 TD pass/rush

+2 2-pt Conv

+2 300+ total yards

+3 400+ total yards

+2 40+ pass/rush TD

+3 50+ pass/rush TD

After week 1, I feel like these adjustment beefs up the QBs points per game, but accurately scales their performance. Every snap effects his numbers, as they should, in my opinion.

Top 5 wk1 QBs per scale:

Matt Ryan 67.9 pts

Matthew Stafford 55.5 pts

Andrew Luck 52.4 pts

Jay Cutler 44.45 pts

Andy Dalton 42.35 pts

Bottom 5 WK1 QBs per scale*:

Ryan Tannehill 20.5 pts

Tony Romo 20.05 pts

Alex Smith 12.7 pts

Tom Brady 11.75 pts

Eli Manning 11.15 pts

*full games

Do you agree with the top five?

Do you agree with my point scale?

Do you agree with my value in comp/inc performance?

I value your input. I am leaning towards keeping this scoring system.

It depends on what your scoring is like for the other positions, how the spread in scoring balances out between the positions, starting lineups, etc.

Really a scoring system is just a small part of the picture in determining how the positions are valued.

If in your scoring system the top RBs or WRs only score 15 points per game with the guys in the 20th range or so putting up 8, then the system way overvalues QBs.

On the other hand, if in your system the RBs and WRs are putting up 100+ points with the 20th-25th guys in the 30 range, then QBs are way devalued.

Basically comes down to not enough information to really say one way or the other, but it is a decent attempt to capture performance.

You bring up a great point about equal scaling across positions. I want the scoring system to reflect the actual performance of a player (good and bad).

My rushing and receiving scoring is identical, except for the +1 for a reception (I did not have the option for -1 per drop pass, I would have applied).

+1 per 10yrds

+6 TD

+2 40+ yard TD

+3 50+ yrd TD

+2 100+ yrd total

+3 200+ yrd total

+1 per reception.

-2 fum

-1 fum lost

+2 2-pt conv

Top RB posted Le'Veon Bell 34.7 pts

Top WR posted Calvin Johnson 42.4 pts

Top TE posted Julius Thomas 35.40

In my opinion, QBs should be way over valued if they carry a pass happy offense. Pass happy offense rely on a well performing QB and WR reaping the numbers from catches. Run happy offense rely on well performing RBs, in this case the RB would be rewarded with big numbers, while your QB on the team post minimal numbers.

I pointed out in my list of question about the value of pass completions and incompletions. This small adjustment significantly impacts your QBs overall score (avg 18+/- pts). If a QB preforms terribly, it shows significantly in scoring. Without these numbers, they're valued the same as RB/WRs even on a bad performance. Do you agree or disagree with the change?

Edited by APackersOwner