[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Adrian Peterson indicted for child abuse

loaf

I got a bad feeling about this for AP. I have a feeling that with all the bad publicity on how the NFL really isht the bed on the Ray Rice thing - I think Goodell brings the hammer on this one and makes a statement. What do I know - maybe I'm wrong and AP comes back with a vengeance in week 3 - but my gut says thank gawd I didn't have the opportunity to draft this guy in any league..

• Like 1

On the topic of how you discipline your kids, I got my ass beat all the time as a kid. I deserved every one of them. Did my parents use a belt? Sometimes.. Did they use a wooden spoon? Sometimes.. Did they use an extension cord? Once (not hard though). Did they ever once break my skin in multiple locations? No. That's excessive - regardless if it was meant to or not - that's too much force to be used on a 4 year old. Stick his ass in a corner. Take away his legos and Gameboy. Don't beat the isht outta him and cut him up. What kind of parent are you?

Edited by Shorttynaz
  • Like 1

I got a bad feeling about this for AP. I have a feeling that with all the bad publicity on how the NFL really isht the bed on the Ray Rice thing - I think Goodell brings the hammer on this one and makes a statement. What do I know - maybe I'm wrong and AP comes back with a vengeance in week 3 - but my gut says thank gawd I didn't have the opportunity to draft this guy in any league..

+1

Raised by a single mom who had us 6 kids , we often had to go in the backyard and tear off a branch of the cherry tree. Yep, i got whipped and would sometimes bleed on my legs and back , but at 42 now , i look back and appreciate her doing the best should could in that horrible situation with 6 relentless kids causing her stress. My boy is 10 , i wouldn't think about doing that to him , but I wouldn't blame another parent for doing what my mom did to us. Kids today our outta control man !! Abuse isn't warranted in any situation , but a parent whipping their kids is a fine line to toe these days.

Sigh. Lost both Ray Rice and AP in the same league. I've been playing fantasy for a long time and this just sucks. It just feels like the flood gates are open now and there is going to be a steady stream of players getting suspended. It feels like a feeding frenzy.

Most of these guys are thugs. It's nothing new. They all do stupid sht on a regular basis. These aren't choir boys, they are gigantic spoiled men who have been hearing how great they are since they were old enough to touch a football. Many of them were abused or whitnessed abuse as a child. So you can bet your bottom dollar that there are 500 more men in the NFL doing exactly what Rice and Peterson are doing. So this isn't going away.

I don't even have the energy to find a replacement for AP. Honestly fantasy football has lost it's luster for me now. Football doesn't feel like a sport anymore. It feels like a damned reality TV show. It's just a shame.

Edited by Alphashado
  • Like 1

Here is the terse short statement from the Vikes:

The Vikings are in the process of gathering information regarding the legal situation involving Adrian Peterson. At this time, we will defer further questions to Adrian’s attorney Rusty Hardin

Not surprisingly they don't sound amused. I can see AP being sidelined for a while.

Here is the terse short statement from the Vikes:

The Vikings are in the process of gathering information regarding the legal situation involving Adrian Peterson. At this time, we will defer further questions to Adrian’s attorney Rusty HardinNot surprisingly they don't sound amused. I can see AP being sidelined for a while.

And his attorney is out of the country

Edited by Shorttynaz

Yeah to me it isn't even a situation where you'd buy low on AP. The whole thing doesn't sound very good, and him missing some significant time if not the entire year seems like a major possibility.

I mean it is AP, so buying low may not be ruled out entirely, but my money is on him being done for the year.

I was optomistic when I first heard it was just a matter of him spanking his kid with a switch. That would have been a debatable issue. But after finding out that this kid is only 4 years old, and then seeing the pictures, I can't defend it. You dont beat a 4 year old with a switch and leave bleeding lacerations. That isn't tough love, that's abuse. I bet he gets the 6 game penalty.

• Like 1

You should NEVER hit your kids, spanking or otherwise.

Edited by irish
  • Like 2

Apparently he was hitting him from behind and the switch was wrapping around and getting the kid on the thigh. He didn't realize until after. So how hard was he hitting him that those are the secondary injuries, and how in control of himself was he if he didn't realize until later that he was cutting the kid on the leg? Terrible.

Actually if hes hitting the kid far up on the stick the majority of the force would be transferred through to the other end like a whip. The majority of the force of his blows could very well have been hitting the softer front of the kids thigh. See the pictures and hearing the account this is likely what happened. Accidents happen. He's had multiple kids, I don't think hes a straight abusive dude.

You should NEVER hit your kids, spanking our otherwise.

Really don't think this should be a debate on spanking, if a parent decides that is the right thing then that is their decision. Abuse is a totally different thing! Leaving marks and breaking skin is not spanking, but abuse!

• Like 1

I've never once, ever, hit my children. One is 18 and one is 15. Neither has been in any trouble and I'm consistently complimented on their behavior. And really, people are defending a parent who hit his four-year-old child hard enough with a switch to break skin? In several different places? Really?

By the time I was 4 I had figured out that I could say no and do whatever I want in relation to words. Whats the next step? Talk to me more? What do you do when I look you in the eye and say, NO? What are you going to do when I'm 4 and literally will do nothing you say?

You should NEVER hit your kids, spanking our otherwise.

Yeah. And right about the same time it became "taboo" for parants to spank their kids, we started seeing kids show up at schools with backpacks full of loaded fire arms.

Funny how that kind of stuff didn't happen back in the days of spankings. I do not condone whiping a 4 year old boy with a stick. Not at all. But this entire notion that we have the right to tell parents not to paddle their kids is ridiculous.

Yeah. And right about the same time it became "taboo" for parants to spank their kids, we started seeing kids show up at schools with backpacks full of loaded fire arms.

Funny how that kind of stuff didn't happen back in the days of spankings. I do not condone whiping a 4 year old boy with a stick. Not at all. But this entire notion that we have the right to tell parents not to paddle their kids is ridiculous.

And they got rid of "Kaboom" cereal right around the same time. Coincidence? I think not.

If this falls under domestic violence, NFL's new rule is 6 game suspension for the 1st offense. I have a feeling that once he turns himself in puts up bail, he will be summoned to New York and Goddell is going to put the hammer down. I wouldn't be surprised if he was suspended for the rest of the year. Either way, he won't be playing for a while.

I've been playing fantasy for a long time and this just sucks.

I think we all just need to accept right now that this FFL season is going to be bathonda crazy and give ourselves a mulligan.

Ray Rice and AP basically booted in the same year? No one can contingency plan for this. It doesn't matter how much you love football, or how much time you put in preparing for the NFL season and your draft - sometimes you're snakebit and that's just it.

I wish nothing but the best for this poor kid and for Rice's wife. FFL takes a back seat. Just recognize that with Vikings or Ravens on your team, it's gonna be a tough row to hoe all year long.

I hate thread police but can we take the parenting info to the tailgate and leave this thread for news?

Part of the conversation my friend... what makes a forum go past news.

Sad story just beginning to unfold... and bad timing for AP

Edited by Butkus

I think we all just need to accept right now that this FFL season is going to be bathonda crazy and give ourselves a mulligan.

Ray Rice and AP basically booted in the same year? No one can contingency plan for this. It doesn't matter how much you love football, or how much time you put in preparing for the NFL season and your draft - sometimes you're snakebit and that's just it.

I wish nothing but the best for this poor kid and for Rice's wife. FFL takes a back seat. Just recognize that with Vikings or Ravens on your team, it's gonna be a tough row to hoe all year long.

Yeah, it certainly looks like a season where simply dodging the landmines might be good enough.

A guy in my league drafted both Ray Rice and AP. Then he spent over half his FA$ on Forsett - only to find that Pierce has no intentions of giving up the job. I can't believe this isn't happening to me. Luckily - all I did was draft Jordan Cameron and Jordan Reed, so I feel I have gotten off lucky so far... :sad:

Spare the rod, and spoil the child. Look it up.

Lol I don't have to look it up, I'm familiar with the phrase and it's origins. Just because some book full of myths says to do something doesn't mean it's right.

After this i won't contribute to the parenting tangent.

As to AP, I think he should, at the very least, be treated as a domestic abuse offender. The rules say 6 game suspension, but if Rice gets indefinte suspension, AP deserves the same. This behavior is inexcusable, this is NOWHWERE near a spanking.

• Like 1