[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery questionable to play

Papajohn

Do any homers have any information whether they will play or not?

I will not be awake when the late game starts (at 2.30 am) so at this point I will have to bench Marshall in one league and Jeffery in another.

A source said Bears wide receivers Brandon Marshall andAlshon Jeffery are "75 percent" sure not to play Sunday night at San Francisco, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter. This comes hours after Bears Radio Network sideline reporter Zach Zaidman told Eye on Fantasy Football on CBS Sports Radio Saturday night that both were legitimate game-time decisions.

Per Zaidman, both tried testing their injuries this week -- Marshall with an ankle, Jeffery with a mild hamstring strain. Both barely practiced and are expected to test themselves again before kickoff on Sunday night.

Santonio Holmes, who was forced into extensive playing time last week according to Zaidman, would take over for one of them if one can't play.

I'm not a homer, and I seriously doubt there will be any news until just prior to game time (Sunday Night).

It is a road game, against SF, in their brand new stadium...

Perhaps is just the week to go with other options? :shrug:

pretty much. Just too big of a risk to leave them in. I guess if you know your game is close you can pull them but at that point you may not have any eligible bench players

I know that 49ers are opening their new field today and they just spent big bucks resodding the field not long ago. My understanding is that by "big bucks" they brought in sod that was several feet thick, not your Home Depot variety...

So if the field is some type if issue I'd be surprised if they play, but perhaps that isn't an issue. Any 9ers homers know?

In any event if you're allowed to I'd say that right now S Holmes would be a solid pick up and play guy this afternoon.

Edited by Pope Flick
  • Like 2

I am hearing Marshall might be ready but Alshon didn't look ready. Not the way the Bears envisioned starting their season.

This is the rumor I've been hearing. Alshon is likely a scratch, but Marshall will try to play.

Again, just a rumor.

Guys, per the score am670 in Chicago, both Marshall and Jeffery were seen jogging in warmups, no pads, but there was no official word on the playing status of either.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

I know that 49ers are opening their new field today and they just spent big bucks resodding the field not long ago. My understanding is that by "big bucks" they brought in sod that was several feet thick, not your Home Depot variety...

So if the field is some type if issue I'd be surprised if they play, but perhaps that isn't an issue. Any 9ers homers know?

In any event if you're allowed to I'd say that right now S Holmes would be a solid pick up and play guy this afternoon.

For the new stadium they tried out a new type of grass that needs half the water. California is having an extreme drought so the team was going green along with a bunch of other things at the stadium . The problem was the grass wasn't regenerating well after each use and they said the sand base wasn't good. Harbaugh didn't want to chance his players getting hurt so they went back to the more common nfl grass that is used at most stadiums including candlestick. I heard they used it last week for another event and it was fine .

Well that settles it. From now on, all my players listed as questionable, playing on the road against a tough defense are now must starts and I'm benching all players who had a good week last week that are playing a powder puff defense the next.

Edited by Tripleshot
  • Like 1

Well that settles it. From now on, all my players listed as questionable, playing on the raid against a tough defense are now must starts and I'm benching all players who had a good week last week that are playing a powder puff defense the next.

Sounds about right. I'm not going to complain too much, considering I won all my games this week, but those were mainly due to a couple huge performances. Most of my "solid plays" for this week were anything but solid :sad:

If I knew Marshall was fully healthy, I think Cutler could exploit the SF secondary even without Jeffery. But with no Jeffery and a hobbled though playing Marshall, I think Cutler implodes.

That's gonna leave a mark. OUCH!