[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I am a bad fan ...

Grits and Shins

I am a long time Cowboy fan so I want the Cowboys to win, win, win ... and steamroll their way to the SB where they dominate the competition. Okay, quiet down ... I didn't say it was going to happen, just that it was my desire.

So the reality check kicks in and I recognized the massive anchor around the neck of the whole organization ... named Jerry Jones. And I get pleasure from the pain Jerry Jones feels when the Cowboys lose.

I am a torn, conflicted fan ... how can I reconcile myself to the fact that when the Cowboys win, I win ... when the Cowboys lose, I win.

• Like 1

I find myself in the same boat. You can find solace in the fact that you remain loyal to your team (wishing, hoping and celebrating their victories), while finding the silver lining when they lose in the hope that JJ relieves himself of his duty.

Jones is like herpes he'll NEVER go away or relinquish anything until he's 6 feet under...

And that is my biggest fear, he'll outlive me.

The formula is right there if they will only use it ... run, run, run the ball ... eating clock ... resting defense ... score ... keep other offense off the field. But I anticipate Garrett will want to see Romo throw the ball ...

I don't mind that at all. Run the ball to set up their big pass plays. Recipe for success.

I can relate to the OP's situation...exact same feeling I have for Mark Richt and the Georgia Bulldogs. I grew up a fan as a child, am now an alum and a lifetime fan. In the time Richt has been there, I feel we should have won at least one national championship, and should have competed in several more title games. The recruiting, the talent, and the culture are all there, but the leadership and coaching is not.

As a result, I have actually found myself rooting for them to lose enough games so that Richt will lose his job, but it never happens. He does well enough to stay, but will never take us to the promised land. Frustrating.

You just have to face the fact that you are in an abusive relationship and try to seek counseling so you can get out.

• Like 1