[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sankey hype

GoldenEagle81

So what's the overall opinion of the kid...is he a legit NFL RB that will head up the backfield, or is be simply better than Shonn Greene? Because there's a big difference between those 2 reviews of him.

I have this unavoidable desire to grab now and have him become last year's E Lacy/Z Stacy (both of whom I rode to a championship!). Problem is I'm heavily tempered by league settings that limit total RB roster to 3 max; my L Miller is on bye, so I'd have to drop FJax for him.

Anyway, back to him, not me. He has a pretty favorable schedule coming up that includes the Browns, Jags (twice), Pitt, and Philly. Does he have the talent to put the risk behind now?

(I should add I have not seen a single clip of him, only read about him)

Edited by sksmith

So what's the overall opinion of the kid...is he a legit NFL RB that will head up the backfield, or is be simply better than Shonn Greene? Because there's a big difference between those 2 reviews of him.

I have this unavoidable desire to grab now and have him become last year's E Lacy/Z Stacy (both of whom I rode to a championship!). Problem is I'm heavily tempered by league settings that limit total RB roster to 3 max; my L Miller is on bye, so I'd have to drop FJax for him.

Anyway, back to him, not me. He has a pretty favorable schedule coming up that includes the Browns, Jags (twice), Pitt, and Philly. Does he have the talent to put the risk behind now?

He's been struggling with his footwork, according to the Titans coaching staff. The thing is - and I put some serious research for every rookie draft as I'm in 4 dynasty leagues - the guy has some seriously good work ethic. If he's been told he really needs to work on something, he will put the work in.

If it weren't for the Falcons' ridiculously horrible run D, the Browns would be the worst in the NFL at stopping the run. So hopefully the kid's put some work in this week on getting his timing down. Cuz this week could be what gets him going for the rest of the season.

I'm liking what I have seen from him...hoping this week he gets to prove himself. I want to give him the start this week but finding it hard to sit Monte for him even though they are playing a really tough D. But he has seen his yards decrease every week (Iknow he played seattle), is averaging less that 3 receptions per game, and only has 1 TD on the season. Just as frustrated with Spiller.

I am buying into the hype. At least fantasy wise for the rest of this season. The Titans are bad, Shoun Greene is still Shoun Greene, and they have no reason whatsoever not to see what they have in Sankey.

The footwork excuse is just weird and there is no reason Sankey can't improve on that while being the featured back.

I am buying into the hype. At least fantasy wise for the rest of this season. The Titans are bad, Shoun Greene is still Shoun Greene, and they have no reason whatsoever not to see what they have in Sankey.

The footwork excuse is just weird and there is no reason Sankey can't improve on that while being the featured back.

IMO, the coaching staff probably just wanted some kind of excuse to satisfy the media and fans - no matter how plausible - instead of flat out saying something like "Sankey is a rookie, and we want our rookies to learn slowly without throwing them to the wolves", or whatever their real reason was for not starting Sankey from the get-go.

• Like 2

I don't think I would drop FJax for him, unless it's a dynasty league.

I don't think I would drop FJax for him, unless it's a dynasty league.

I actually ended up getting D Martin off the wire and FJax got the ax (full on starter vs the B side of a committee, starter wins)

That still doesn't alleviate my RB issue...as a L Miller owner, I gotta be pretty mindful of Moreno coming back soon. So Sankey remains on the radar and close to the forefront

I actually ended up getting D Martin off the wire and FJax got the ax (full on starter vs the B side of a committee, starter wins)

That still doesn't alleviate my RB issue...as a L Miller owner, I gotta be pretty mindful of Moreno coming back soon. So Sankey remains on the radar and close to the forefront

Just don't forget, if your league uses waivers sometimes you have to be ahead of the curve on picking guys up. Sankey goes off or has a good week, and he'll be a hot pickup after that. I have this happen a lot, I follow guys for 2-3 weeks, and on Thu/Fri/Sat I keep waffling on "add him or not", then I don't and come Tuesday he's gone ahead of my pick on waivers.

And that's the dilemma...I can add/drop him freely right now by sacrificing L Miller or wait to see him have a big game Sunday, get high projections for week 6 and I'm sitting in waiver spot 8

The risk of it all is dang enticing...and Moreno is looking like a quicker return than later

Just don't forget, if your league uses waivers sometimes you have to be ahead of the curve on picking guys up. Sankey goes off or has a good week, and he'll be a hot pickup after that. I have this happen a lot, I follow guys for 2-3 weeks, and on Thu/Fri/Sat I keep waffling on "add him or not", then I don't and come Tuesday he's gone ahead of my pick on waivers.

remember the golden rule. When you are looking at a guy, make sure you use all 24 eyes.

And that's the dilemma...I can add/drop him freely right now by sacrificing L Miller or wait to see him have a big game Sunday, get high projections for week 6 and I'm sitting in waiver spot 8

The risk of it all is dang enticing...and Moreno is looking like a quicker return than later

Here is another way to look at it, if you pickup Sankey and drop Miller, will Miller still be there and clear waivers if you want him back after this week (if Sankey doesn't improve). We also pay for roster moves so sometimes I wouldn't want to make that move, plus our deep bench would mean any decent RB that is dropped is a risk to be gone quickly.

Good luck

remember the golden rule. When you are looking at a guy, make sure you use all 24 eyes.

Sorry Taz that went right over my head. 24 eyes, where are the other 22, would those be the 11 other owners?

Edited by stevegrab

Ok...I give up. What exactly is footwork for an RB. Any o-linemen with poor footwork is toast. A QB with poor footwork can't throw accurately. A CB with poor footwork gets beat.

But how does it translate to RBs? It is blocking? Hitting the hole?

Please enlighten.

• Like 1

Ok...I give up. What exactly is footwork for an RB. Any o-linemen with poor footwork is toast. A QB with poor footwork can't throw accurately. A CB with poor footwork gets beat.

Please enlighten.

Only Whisenhunt can enlighten...

Here is another way to look at it, if you pickup Sankey and drop Miller, will Miller still be there and clear waivers if you want him back after this week (if Sankey doesn't improve). We also pay for roster moves so sometimes I wouldn't want to make that move, plus our deep bench would mean any decent RB that is dropped is a risk to be gone quickly.

Good luck

Sorry Taz that went right over my head. 24 eyes, where are the other 22, would those be the 11 other owners?

I would assume so

Good luck

If Moreno returns, he'll be available; if not, he's gone. But I'm #2 in league and even w/ a loss this week I won't fall further than 4th place; so I miss out on any hot wire p/u regardless.

From a talent perspective, I just want to know if Sankey is legit good compared to other NFL starting RBs, or just better than Shonn Greene? I see a large difference between the 2...

I'm fine w/ risky moves, and considering my RB situation it's a weekly move

Please enlighten.

I have no idea, but whatever it is Sankey with bad footwork is still better than Shoun Greene with perfect footwork and should therefore be the starter.

If Moreno returns, he'll be available; if not, he's gone. But I'm #2 in league and even w/ a loss this week I won't fall further than 4th place; so I miss out on any hot wire p/u regardless.

From a talent perspective, I just want to know if Sankey is legit good compared to other NFL starting RBs, or just better than Shonn Greene? I see a large difference between the 2...

I'm fine w/ risky moves, and considering my RB situation it's a weekly move

I watched every Washington U Game and the guy was outstanding, couldnt believe he fell to the third round..

Dont know what they are waiting for the guy is a hard worker and has good character and needs to be given the rock 20 times...

Im starting him over Arian Foster and Khiry Robinson?

Am I toast?

Please enlighten.

From the article that TitansFan linked, Whiz thinks "Poor footwork could lead to problems on the exchange, resulting in fumbles."

I agree that it's more of an excuse to not throw him to the wolves right away. Wisenhunt even mentions that in the next paragraph, saying that "You don't want to put too much on a young guy's plate."

At this point I'm trying to talk myself out of getting him rather than in to getting him; I might as well have fun and do it...I either find this year's diamond or I return to weekly wire dancing; I've got tradable guys should I end up needing to make a move later on

I'll take full credit should he work out great and blame y'all faceless peeps if he crashes and burns

Edited by sksmith