[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sankey hype

GoldenEagle81

From the article that TitansFan linked, Whiz thinks "Poor footwork could lead to problems on the exchange, resulting in fumbles."

I agree that it's more of an excuse to not throw him to the wolves right away. Wisenhunt even mentions that in the next paragraph, saying that "You don't want to put too much on a young guy's plate."

And to me, the way I read that, it's a timing thing. Something that just comes with repitition/volume. The guy was late to camp because of academic obligations at UW. His learning curve may have been a little steeper than the average RB. Therefore it's not much of a shock that he's taken a little longer to get acclimated and that his only issue at this point is "footwork" (or timing, IMO).

I have him at 100 combined yards and a score this week. Let's hope.

At this point I'm trying to talk myself out of getting him rather than in to getting him; I might as well have fun and do it...I either find this year's diamond or I return to weekly wire dancing; I've got tradable guys should I end up needing to make a move later on

I'll take full credit should he work out great and blame y'all faceless peeps if he crashes and burns

It sounds like your league rules sort of guarantee that there will be viable RBs on the WW every week, so I think you gotta shoot for upside. Miller is at his peak value IMO.

Sankey has legit NFL talent. Athletically, he is very comparable to McCoy. Great agility and burst and good enough speed. He had tremendous college production to go along with those measurables. He definitely deserved to be the first RB drafted.

I have L Miller as part of a big 4 for 1 offer (trying to get Lynch from the 0-4 team) out there at the moment. If nothing comes of it by 1pm (the 48hr review period would then make every player I offer useless to him this week), I'm just gonna adjust the trade to remove Miller, add Sankey to my squad by dropping Miller, and then retool the trade aiming for Lynch again or B Marshall...

...it's time to live a little!

Welp, he's mine now

Next question is do I roll with my new acquisition for flex, go G Tate, or continue with L Donnell...

Jacoby Jones over Chris Johnson v2.0? (Was it Jacoby Jones, or somebody else... I don't recall exactly) Too bad JUM is no longer around these parts (not just about this).

Why would you bench Jennings this week?

Until he gives me a reason to lose this raging boner I'm going with him....Jennings looked like a time share last week and CLE defense gives up gobs of yardage. Hoping he delivers.

Until he gives me a reason to lose this raging boner I'm going with him....Jennings looked like a time share last week and CLE defense gives up gobs of yardage. Hoping he delivers.

Huh? It was a timeshare because they were putting a whooping on Washington and they wanted to a] keep Jennings fresh and b] give some carries to a promising rookie.

You're benching a consistently-performing RB against the WORST RUSH D IN THE LEAGUE for a rookie because you have a "raging boner" for him?

:rofl:

OK I've been talked off the ledge...may be a bit premature for this move but I wish I had a spot for him...I have Jennings and Bernard and him with only 2 spots. All three have good matchups.

We'll see where the Sankey hype train ends up after this week, should be interesting...

I doubt I'm gonna put him in Sunday at Flex...but if he gets 15 carries for 75+ yards and 4 catches (TDs being just added bonus), starting job is his and Jags are up the following week

Jennings and Bernard are no-brainers at RB, but depending on who you currently have in the flex spot, Sankey is certainly worthy of consideration.

But you can't bench the 46th-ranked offensive player (overall, PPR... and #8 RB) against the league's worst rush D fantasy-wise... for Sankey. Sorry, I am a Sankey honk but that just makes zero sense.

Edited by darin3

I said in frustration in the milk box thread that if you have Sankey on your roster, your biggest problem is that Wisenhunt is one of the dumbest humans in the NFL. I've had some time to calm down and be more rational about it, and, on reflection, I think I was hasty. The problem is that Wisenhunt may be one of the dumbest humans on the planet, in any profession.

The job of the head coach is to give his team the best chance to win, not to be a fanboy. Coming into yesterday's game, Whitehurst had a career rating around 70 or maybe even a bit lower, and more interceptions than TDs, and a 54.8 percent completion rating. So, he comes into the game due to an injury, and throws two touchdowns.

This is grounds for celebration. Go buy a lottery ticket. Now, manage the game and go home. Whiz, however, fell in love. He convinced himself that somehow Charlie F-ing Whitehurst was Peyton Manning. A big lead against at home against one of the worst run defenses in the league, and your number one quarterback injured, what's your strategy Einstein? Well, naturally, go three wide from the shutgun. There was a point in the game where the team was on the precipice of blowing the biggest home lead in NFL history, but got the ball up by 5 late in the fourth quarter. So, what does he do? See if you can get some first downs on the ground against a tired team on the road, make the other team use up their time outs, and then if you get in sniffing distance of a field goal maybe try play action. Because that's what a fifth-grader would do. But, no, Ken Wisenhunt decides he's Bill Belichick all of the sudden, and decides that his 46 wins in 7 years as a head coach means he's smarter than the other guy and he's going to defy expectations and win the game. So, that doesn't work out so well.

But, look, a gift. An absolute gift. Your team gets a pick! How often does life work out like that? You just got a second chance. So, what are you going to do? Idiot.

If you're like me and Sankey is on your roster, you have a problem. I have Megatron, and the pickings on the waiver wire are slim. With Jacksonville as Tennessee's opponent, I will likely have no choice but to give it a go with Sankey and hope that perhaps Whiz gets some essential fatty acids into his diet to get his IQ up above 75 temporarily for at least one game. But I recognize this is probably fruitless.

• Like 2

I said in frustration in the milk box thread that if you have Sankey on your roster, your biggest problem is that Wisenhunt is one of the dumbest humans in the NFL. I've had some time to calm down and be more rational about it, and, on reflection, I think I was hasty. The problem is that Wisenhunt may be one of the dumbest humans on the planet, in any profession.

The job of the head coach is to give his team the best chance to win, not to be a fanboy. Coming into yesterday's game, Whitehurst had a career rating around 70 or maybe even a bit lower, and more interceptions than TDs, and a 54.8 percent completion rating. So, he comes into the game due to an injury, and throws two touchdowns.

This is grounds for celebration. Go buy a lottery ticket. Now, manage the game and go home. Whiz, however, fell in love. He convinced himself that somehow Charlie F-ing Whitehurst was Peyton Manning. A big lead against at home against one of the worst run defenses in the league, and your number one quarterback injured, what's your strategy Einstein? Well, naturally, go three wide from the shutgun. There was a point in the game where the team was on the precipice of blowing the biggest home lead in NFL history, but got the ball up by 5 late in the fourth quarter. So, what does he do? See if you can get some first downs on the ground against a tired team on the road, make the other team use up their time outs, and then if you get in sniffing distance of a field goal maybe try play action. Because that's what a fifth-grader would do. But, no, Ken Wisenhunt decides he's Bill Belichick all of the sudden, and decides that his 46 wins in 7 years as a head coach means he's smarter than the other guy and he's going to defy expectations and win the game. So, that doesn't work out so well.

But, look, a gift. An absolute gift. Your team gets a pick! How often does life work out like that? You just got a second chance. So, what are you going to do? Idiot.

If you're like me and Sankey is on your roster, you have a problem. I have Megatron, and the pickings on the waiver wire are slim. With Jacksonville as Tennessee's opponent, I will likely have no choice but to give it a go with Sankey and hope that perhaps Whiz gets some essential fatty acids into his diet to get his IQ up above 75 temporarily for at least one game. But I recognize this is probably fruitless.

And the TL;DR version: Whisenface is a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle!

I have no idea exactly how Sankey will work out and ultimately do in the NFL but I do agree that Whizz will likely lose his job before the end of this season based on his decisions as a coach. I do not own Sankey in any of my leagues but watching the Titans play football is ugly. They really do not know what they have in Sankey until they give him substancial carries from the start of a game.

They do know what they have in Green...not going to expand on that. Play for next year and figure out what you need to do to get better. Maybe you need to draft ANOTHER RB but you will not know that unti lyou see what you have with this years first RB taken off the board. Whizz is gone before the the end of the year unless the Titans ownership just does not care about winning football games.

Today at the Titans practice:

Whisenhunt to Sankey: "I'm just not convinced your footwork is where it should be. Footwork is the key to success in the NFL."

Sankey: "I still don't know what footwork is for a running back. I asked around and no one else knows what you're talking about either."

Whisenhunt: "Well until you figure it out, we'll be throwing a lot with Whitehurst and giving Shonn Greene the lion's share of the carries."