[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sankey hype

GoldenEagle81

Seriously why all the love for this dude? I'm having a tough time hanging onto him and PISSED at myself for not dropping him for Ingram when I had the chance.

3 yards a week isn't cutting it....and I know he's not getting the carries. But if he's that much better than the guys ahead of him, why isn't he being used?

Seriously why all the love for this dude? I'm having a tough time hanging onto him and PISSED at myself for not dropping him for Ingram when I had the chance.

3 yards a week isn't cutting it....and I know he's not getting the carries. But if he's that much better than the guys ahead of him, why isn't he being used?

He has to learn to pass block and react to blitzes ... his talent as a running back won't matter much if he can't do those things.

Rookie backs take time and hardly any ever start great from week one. It may take a while to see him do more though he was moved up on the TEN official depth chart last week from #4 to #2. If you cannot wait, you cannot wait and go get someone else. But at some point the best RB in the entire NFL draft is going to get a lot more playing time if not take over the primary spot from Shonn Greene who is clearly mediocreon a good day.

• Like 2

Rookie backs take time and hardly any ever start great from week one. It may take a while to see him do more though he was moved up on the TEN official depth chart last week from #4 to #2. If you cannot wait, you cannot wait and go get someone else. But at some point the best RB in the entire NFL draft is going to get a lot more playing time if not take over the primary spot from Shonn Greene who is clearly mediocreon a good day.

DMD, I read your article on him this past week, and I definitely like your stuff. This really does just baffle me though. My RBs are Forte and Ball so it's not like I'm hurting there. But I only can roster 4 RBs and my other 2 are sankey and miller. Would be pretty tough to drop miller after the Moreno injury, too. Just frustrated..

DMD is right though. If u have to move on move on. Look at gio last year. Took him a few games to get going. These rookies have a lot to get used to not just pass blocking but also the playbook. When ten feels he will benefit them with more snaps he will get them. He will be a 2d half rb i want on my roster. Question is can i hang on to him untill then. My league mates hated on me for drafting him in the 7/8th rd. Hopefully if i drop him, they won't pick him up. But if i drop him n he has a good game in the next few weeks i have a 1/10 chance of getting him back. I will hold into him for one more week before i make a decision with him. Upside yes. But with byes and injuries it will be tough if he dosent produce soon. Good luck.

DMD, I read your article on him this past week, and I definitely like your stuff. This really does just baffle me though. My RBs are Forte and Ball so it's not like I'm hurting there. But I only can roster 4 RBs and my other 2 are sankey and miller. Would be pretty tough to drop miller after the Moreno injury, too. Just frustrated..

If dudes in your league don't play dynasty they may not know how good Sankey is. In that case you can just let him sit on the wire for a few weeks while you churn some other backs through your roster.

You just want to watch his snap count and scoop him back up when it takes a big jump up.

I see things differently. RB IMO is the easiest position to walk right in and play if you are a true talent.

That is why you see so many rookie 1000 yard backs but will rarely see a rookie WR with 1000 or a rookie QB with 3000.

Not saying he won't be great but when Shonne Green is playing more than you and you are having a hard time even being his backup I would temper my expectations on him. I would not hold him if I had a small bench.

I see things differently. RB IMO is the easiest position to walk right in and play if you are a true talent.

That is why you see so many rookie 1000 yard backs but will rarely see a rookie WR with 1000 or a rookie QB with 3000.

Not saying he won't be great but when Shonne Green is playing more than you and you are having a hard time even being his backup I would temper my expectations on him. I would not hold him if I had a small bench.

Yes you can step right in an receive a hand off and run the ball ... and maybe even excel at it. Where many fall short is in their ability to pass block and pick up the blitz. If you can't protect your QB you won't play no matter how well you run the ball.

• Like 1

Yes you can step right in an receive a hand off and run the ball ... and maybe even excel at it. Where many fall short is in their ability to pass block and pick up the blitz. If you can't protect your QB you won't play no matter how well you run the ball.

No doubt. just easier for a back as the running part is more instinct than gameplan which does not hold as much true for other fantasy positions.

by Igor Mello | CBSSports.com

(22 hrs ago) Titans head coach Ken Whisenhunt told reporters on Monday that running back Bishop Sankey'sfootwork was a little better in Week 4 against the Colts, per the Tennessean.

Whisenhunt criticized Sankey's footwork before Sunday, and he responded with a touchdown in mop-up duty. He played in 46 percent of the offensive snaps -- more than any other Tennessee running back -- and took six carries for 34 yards and a touchdown, averaging 5.7 yards per carry. He also caught two passes for 23 yards.

Am I missing something? If his footwork is so terrible, how in God's name is he averaging nearly 6 YPC?

Whisenhunt needs to pull his head out of his butt.

Edited by DanTheMan_5

^possible psychology ploy to make sure rookie knows he has to earn starter spot instead of just being given it...even though we all know it's his sooner rather than later?

• Like 1

Just dropped in my local. Hoping he passes waivers after a tough draw with the Browns this week because he gets the Jags next week.

I wouldn't call the Browns a tough draw. The Steelers and Ravens ran roughshod all over them.

I wouldn't call the Browns a tough draw. The Steelers and Ravens ran roughshod all over them.

Yep allowing 150 yards/game avearge, something like 29th against the run. And actually Saints and Ravens had the two bigger rushing games, Steelers only had 127 but had 376 passing (you don't need to run when you can pass). Browns defense overall hasn't been that good, 30th in yards and 23 in points (if I'm reading these numbers on pro football rerence right).

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/2014.htm