[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

flags,flags flags

BRUISER

It's pretty bad, but they are hoping for arena football level scores. It's all about marketing and money, they think higher scores (and not necessarily a good product) will bring in more viewers, leading to higher revenue ratings. That's how the system works. It's why we have bye weeks, expansion, expanded playoffs, longer seasons. And now, it's why we have crappy football.

Edited by kwolf68

I can deal with all that more than I can the political correctness gone crazy leaders of it. they are the 1's trying to drive me away.

Another problem is I think they don't throw enough penalties. players know they can cheat and go into the games preparing to do just that. they practice the things that they THINK the refs are not looking at. and the league knows this which in my opinion lets them control games by picking when they call that penalty even though you could call that penalty every play ( holding).they do their best to make it a good game so the audience does not leave them. the Steelers, Seahawks superbowl keeps coming to mind. if they called every hold they see we would eventually be able to throw less flags as players will not be used to gettign away with it and would stop doing it.

The way they let WR's push off is my biggest problem with the refs. I seen 10 TD's yesterday that only happened because the WR pushed off. they want to score a 100 points a game as someone else pointed out.

This. I don't mind watching football Thursday nights, however it seems like it really screws up teams schedules. Every week you have a team on 4 days rest playing a more well rested team. Not a fan.

I don't follow. Both teams playing on a Thursday night usually played the preceding Sunday, most times in the afternoon. So both teams have the same amount of rest, then the next week (after their TNF game) they have more rest before they play their next opponent. Maybe that is what you're referring too, Ravens-Steelers played this past Thursday, next Sunday the Ravens will play the Browns who had 1 week off, while the Ravens had 10 days.

But no team plays on 4 days rest against a team that had more rest (unless their bye week was the week before their TNF tame).

In general the TNF games have teams less prepared/rested and some have been sloppy messes. This year all those Thursday games (yes even on Thanksgiving) are divisional matchups. Teams that play twice a year and usually know each other well (even with roster and coaching changes). So it should be easier to prepare, and the travel distances should be pretty short (depending on division and which 2 play).

Edited by stevegrab