[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is the end...

zekez

Yeah, that catch they just took away from Bennett on a challenge? Putrid. We are not watching football any more. Yeah - the commish is doing fine job alright....

• Like 3

..players can't tackle, and when they do tackle it better damn well be in the right spot or its another 15 yards. Its all so European.

• Like 1

This is why I stopped watching basketball.. Too many fouls and you couldn't touch an offensive player anymore without a foul being called. It's becoming the same way in the NFL.. I used to set aside my entire Sundays for football without ever thinking about doing anything else.. Not anymore. I still watch my Steelers religiously, but I've lost most interest in other games. This is garbage. What are we up to now? 20 flags at halftime for the SNF game? Boring.

I long for the NFL to go back to the no facemasks on helmets days. When Wes Welker would get snapped in half like a wishbone for going over the middle. Where QB's got planted half the time after releasing the ball. When football games were played on Sundays, not Thursdays. When cheerleaders wore g-strings and halter tops. Yeah, those were the good old days...

• Like 2

This is why I stopped watching basketball.. Too many fouls and you couldn't touch an offensive player anymore without a foul being called. It's becoming the same way in the NFL.. I used to set aside my entire Sundays for football without ever thinking about doing anything else.. Not anymore. I still watch my Steelers religiously, but I've lost most interest in other games. This is garbage. What are we up to now? 20 flags at halftime for the SNF game? Boring.

It definitely was feeling like basketball, with a flag almost every other play. I'm usually not one to complain about excessive penalties, but last night was ridiculous. The first half in particular was very hard to watch.

Edited by bud29

In Roger Goodell's world, the business of football > the game of football.

Not Goodell's world, the world of his employers, the owners. Said it before, saying it again ... this is all about the owners protecting the salaries of their employees AND creating a high scoring game (because they equate higher scoring games to more exciting game to watch which means more fans).

Not Goodell's world, the world of his employers, the owners. Said it before, saying it again ... this is all about the owners protecting the salaries of their employees AND creating a high scoring game (because they equate higher scoring games to more exciting game to watch which means more fans).

I agree with you that many causal fans see a score as exciting , but some of us ( true fans ) get more excited seeing a big hit on a WR coming across the middle or the QB getting sacked and laid out , players walking back to the huddle with bloody noses :helmet:

I long for the NFL to go back to the no facemasks on helmets days. When Wes Welker would get snapped in half like a wishbone for going over the middle. Where QB's got planted half the time after releasing the ball. When football games were played on Sundays, not Thursdays. When cheerleaders wore g-strings and halter tops. Yeah, those were the good old days...

Pictures?

Was out of town over the weekend, just watched that SNF game last night. It was pretty horrible with play after play having a flag. While some of the calls were bad, many were spot on so hard to blame the refs for enforcing the rules. As Michaels said most of the flags were being called on younger players making mistakes.

Some might stop watching, many will complain, but I honestly don't see NFL ratings (or overall revenue) dropping much.

And Grits is spot on, all of this is on the owners, not Goodell. He is just their guy doing the job they asked him to do. But he makes a great scapegoat for those fans upset with the penalties, off field situations, suspensions or whatever else.

• Like 1

In Roger Goodell's world, the business of football > the game of football.

Only difference is that the MLB records were more sacred than any record the NFL has, I don't see it being the same outcome....people know that HGH has been used in the NFL and have not really cared up to this point. Just my opinion though.