[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Damien Williams, RB Mia

Crankyrayhanky

Is Lamar Miller ready to go for this weekend? He was in a walking boot yesterday.

I believe so, Palm Beach Post reported that he could have gone back in on Sunday but the Phins coaching staff didn't want to risk it since the game was over and that the boot is precautionary at this point. Definitely worth checking back I guess.

Dolphins re-signed RB Daniel Thomas.

Advice: The Dolphins lost Knowshon Moreno (elbow) for at least four weeks and Lamar Miller (ankle) is day to day. So they call on Thomas, who was just released at final cuts after losing a camp battle to UDFA Damien Williams and Orleans Darkwa. He'll slide in as pass-down depth behind finesse back Miller, who is tentatively expected to heal up and start against the Chiefs in Week 3.

Miller is practising today FWIW. I think the concern is that the Phins lean on the passing game more without Knowshon.

Which would make since because Miller is more the pass-catcher out of the backfield. Hell, he may end up being a good play. I could see 50-60 yards rushing and 5-6 catches, touchdown always is a possibility as well. Maybe I can bench Ball against Seattle, not have to roll Gerhert (until further notice) and go with Miller this week. Hmmm.

Rotoworld posted that Williams will be the #2 back on Sunday. I think Williams is a decent stash and hope guy. Lamar Miller seems to have had every chance in the world to run with the lead back role in the past, prior to Daniel Thomas getting cut, and he never ran away with the job. That alone makes me think Williams will have a role, possibly good enough to be flex or RB3 in the near future depending on how Miller time goes this weekend.