[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Refs, Really?

Shorttynaz

The non call on the illegal contact on Hilton gives the ball back to foles and he's able to go down the field (another botched call on the phantom horse collar) and I lose my game by 5 pts when Foles throws the late td.

no call on pass interference could've gone either way. Luck shouldn't have thrown that pass either way. horse collar was a bad call but bad calls like that happen all the time.

Disagree, without the hold, it's probably a completion for close to a first down. Changes the entire game.

Edited by irish

Wait - now we're upset that the refs are letting them play without calling flags every time a DB gets within 3 yds of a WR?

The horse collar call was terrible and had a major impact on the game outcome, IMO.

Edited by stethant

I love how everybody assumes that if the refs don't mess up the calls that Hilton catches the ball and Indy wins.

Most likely it isn't a pick, still changes the game.

That pass should never have been thrown. 5 minutes to play, 3rd and 9 in easy FG range? Run the ball, kick the FG, and go up 10. Ridiculous to throw the ball there. Yes, there was PI on TY. They missed it. But it was a mistake the throw the ball at all.

I love how everybody assumes that if the refs don't mess up the calls that Hilton catches the ball and Indy wins.

And why exactly is that the only outcome? If the refs make the right call, and call a hold or PI, it's a Colts first down in easy FG territory. Colts go up 10 with less than 5 to play. For all the bullhonda flags in the preseason about illegal contact on receivers nothing has changed.

You can't keep handing the ball to Trent Richardson and then blame only the refs. Bradshaw looks like he did in 2007; I have no idea why they're not starting him. Also, they should let Luck chuck it at will, since he's obviously the second coming of Peyton. Yeah, they got burned, but they could have won if the coaching staff would have used their heads.

The Colts last possession was terrible. I agree 100% about handing the ball twice to TR there. Pep Hamilton is freaking awful, and I've been saying for a while now.

As for Bradshaw being the better back, I agree. But he is one solid hit away from retirement with that neck. I don't think the Colts can give him 30 touches a game and expect him to be around all season.

I agree that the non call on Hilton and the horse collar were bad (Eagles had one of those lat week), why were the Colts not running the ball? They were averaging around 5 yards per run.

The Colts get a FG there and go up two scores who knows what happens.

Also, there were missed calls earlier in the game against the Eagles. There were two blatant holds on Trent Cole and Cedric Thorton that were not called. Who is to say if they were called correctly that the game wouldn't have been completely different?

The 3rd and 15 play where McCoy ran for a first down, the WR on the left side of the line false started. He twitched then shuffled his feet on Foles hard count. Woulda Coulda Shoulda, and i hate blaming refs, but i got a great reason to this tine. Even the commentators after the game said the same thing - if Hiltons not held he makes that catch and Luck doesn't throw the INT.

Oh well - the play calling on the last drive was piss poor as well. Fate was sealed at that point..

Edited by Shorttynaz

The 3rd and 15 play where McCoy ran for a first down, the WR on the left side of the line false started. He twitched then shuffled his feet on Foles hard count. Woulda Coulda Shoulda, and i hate blaming refs, but i got a great reason to this tine. Even the commentators after the game said the same thing - if Hiltons not held he makes that catch and Luck doesn't throw the INT.

Oh well - the play calling on the last drive was piss poor as well. Fate was sealed at that point..

You can't assume that Hilton make the catch. The only thing we can say with certainty is that a call should have been made which would have negated any negative play.

Captain Hook brought up the most important thing... In a tie game, with the best young QB in the game, you go conservative / vanilla with the play calling and give the ball back to the opponent. I can't stand the "play to not lose" mentality of some coaches, and Pep Hamilton is certainly one of those coaches. Have some balls and play aggressive - you certainly have the right QB to do so. Hamilton seems determined to continue trying to pound a square peg into a round hole.

You can't assume that Hilton make the catch. The only thing we can say with certainty is that a call should have been made which would have negated any negative play.

You're right - can't assume he would have made that catch, but you can assume he would have been between the defender and the ball..

Again ... you can't make any assumptions about how things would of turned out if only ... The only thing we can say is that the refs blew a call that resulted in Hilton being out of position. How things would have played out if the penalty hadn't occurred is pure speculation. He could have caught the ball, and fumbled it way. He could have tipped the ball into an interception.

And I don't care who the kicker is ... there is always the chance that he will miss the kick, or that the kick will be blocked, or the snap fumbled.

We do not know if the Colts would have won that game without the call or not, but we do know that it is likely they would have had an improved chance to do so.

Edited by Grits and Shins
  • Like 1