[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Sproles a MUST start now in PPR formats?

robert terni

I picked him up late in 3 leagues, started him in one this weekend. Even in my non ppr league he did very well. It looks to me that the Eagles will use him quite a lot so I may roll with him until I have a reason not too.

Edited by FUBARED

I can't believe how agile he is. He's like a squirrel with that quick twitch change of direction. Great performance last night.

• Like 1

The answer is yes he is... Until he isn't. In other words, you'd be a fool to bench him for most options right now. But he might put up a dud next. Foles seems to be checking down more maybe? That's the hard part - Sproles only gets a handful of touches each game, so he really needs to break big plays to have RB2 or better value. He has done that these first two weeks, which I think makes him a prime sell high candidate personally instead of a hold. I think he will maintain decent PPR value throughout the year, but it's foolish to expect this sort of production to continue (hence the sell high thought).

He was awesome last night, but you can't bank your season on him...he'll come out next week and have 20 yards rushing and 3 catches. If I had him I'd trade him as a sell high candidate. I love the guy don't get me wrong, but he's a guy who has to hit his spots and the Colts are looking like a bottom 5 defensive unit at this point.

The way he has been playing and with how Kelly is talking about how much he loves him and is going to play him...I think he's RB1 in PPR and RB2 in standard leagues territory.

This isn't the Saints, this is Philly where they had either Shady or Sproles in on just about every snap, sometimes both of them. I am a believer and he will be in my lineup until he proves me wrong (edit: or until I listen to some schmuck like Shefter and bench a stud).

Edited by Skarzon

(edit: or until I listen to some schmuck like Shefter and bench a stud).

Don't know if there's any truth to it or not, but I heard rumors on the radio this morning that he was receiving death threats for reporting there's only a 25% chance Marshall plays..

Don't know if there's any truth to it or not, but I heard rumors on the radio this morning that he was receiving death threats for reporting there's only a 25% chance Marshall plays..

Crazy is as crazy does, so I believe it...Pissed me off, but it was my choice to bench him.

Icing on the cake - I chose not to listen to the one time my wife gives me FF advice (pick up Holmes and wait it out), should have known she'd be right and I'd never hear the end of it. Ever...Help me...Please.

A few years ago I wrote for a fantasy league website and someone took my information to make a lineup decision and sent me a vitriolic screed about how dumb I was. It was awful. But after responding to him and chatting it up some, he was fine...probably just a reactionary email after he lost a close one.

I made it a point to RARELY give absolutes, especially on difficult lineup choices. And no one wants fantasy advice, "yes, I think Peyton Manning is a good play against Oakland this week". So I usually talked about those tough ones and no one nails those all the time.

No single RB could maintain the pace of the Eagles offense. Sproles will get the scraps but those scraps could be plenty at times.

On what running back Darren Sproles has done to have so many explosive plays: “First and foremost, Darren is a receiver and I’ve said that since day one, since we’ve had him here. He’s just a special player and we knew the first day we had him it was ‘How many different ways can we find to get him the football?’ He is just a dynamic football player and we are really excited. He can run it, he can catch it, I mean he can do it all. He’s a complete running back and he really came up huge for us tonight.”

On Darren Sproles' touchdown and the 51-yard screen pass: “His touchdown run, they were doing a great job really in the red zone keeping us inside. We were trying to get the ball to the perimeter and then they forced us into a cutback and he’s got to go against the unblocked guy and he did a great job. And then on the screen pass, we felt like we had that all day long. Not all day long but I think what they were giving us coverage-wise. When their rush is getting to you, you have to do something to negate the rush and I think to negate the rush you have to use your screen game as a weapon. I think a lot of times the pocket was collapsing around Nick (Foles). They were doing a good job with coverage down the field and playing a lot of softer man coverage but really sticking with guys so we felt like the screen plays were going to be there for us and obviously we executed and he’s a real dynamic screen runner.”

On whether this was what he expected from Darren Sproles: "I knew he was a really good player and we were excited to get him, until you get a chance to see him in practice and see all the other things. I know that he can run the ball and I think that is the one thing I said since we first had him is that he has the ability. I don't think we miss a beat when LeSean (McCoy) is out for a play or two. I think LeSean feels comfortable, if he has a big run, ‘Hey I can go out for a play because 43 can go in and there is not a drop off.’ He is a really, really good weapon to have on your side."

Smoke em if you got em.

McCoy will be the guy who explodes more games than not, no? Sproles I feel is boom or bust.

I still agree with this. But I'll change my opinion to say there are less "better options" from week 3 on than I thought there would be