[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone else have hard matchups?

ShuckCreations

Somehow I've lost my first two weeks by a total of 14 points! I'm 2nd to last in the league with the 2nd highest point total. Grr.

Frustrating. At least last week was to the #1 but I still could've won. I've left too many points on the bench. Darren Sproles will not be left there again, did not think he was going to have that much of a role in Chip Kelly's offense. Lesson Learned, have faith in my draft picks...each week he could've won me my matchups.

So...anyone else have similar problems?

Edited by ShuckCreations

I started 1-4 in a league a couple of years ago under similar circumstances, then ripped off 11 straight wins to seal a championship. So don't get too discouraged if you've had some bad luck. These things tend to even themselves out, and if your team is really one of the elite in your league, your record will most likely reflect that by season's end.

It's one reason my league is a hybrid head-to-head and Rotisserie. We play head to head in the season and also rotisserie. The rotisserie means nothing until you get to tie-breakers, then we use that to break ties. Head to Head play is so much tied to luck and we had hondaty teams lucking into playoff bids and good teams missing out that we altered it a little. So we have the "FUN" of a head to head league, but then we use Rotisserie as one small element to actually reward the teams that were drafted and managed best, who didn't unluckily play the one hot team each week.

Yes sir. I'm 0-2 in my main local - 2nd in points; 22 points behind the points leader..

Last year the team who won the championship started out 0-6. He was ready to have a fire sale after week 6. He stuck with it, was the last seed in the playoffs (8th seed) at 4-9, rode Nick Foles to a championship. The season points winner and #1 seed (everyone was ready to hand him the trophy) lost in the first round.

I have to keep reminding myself that this year.. Already getting very frustrated..

• Like 1

Yep - the team that won points was 11-2. He was the top seed. Had Manning, Charles, and D Bryant.

The team that beat him was the 4-9 team, had Foles, Lynch, Hilton and K Allen - don't remember for sure. There were certainly more players that that - but those were the "studs" of each team.. The 4-9 team picked up Foles like week 12 or 13 - the guy who had him dropped him, don't remember who for - I think McCown of the Bears..

Edited by Shorttynaz

I rode Nick Foles to a championship last year, but did I deserve to?

8-5 Head to head

Had 7th (out of 10) lowest point total in league

Owner at 4-9 had 100 more points

53-64 Rotis record (6 out of 10)

Only 1 team faced lower point totals than I did

In the championship game, only 3 owners scored lower than me that week (1 being my opponent)

I had a decent, but not great team ...Foles, Forte, D. Murray, AMorris were good, but I streamed Defenses (most often not doing well), had all kinds of issues at TE (got Gronk, then he goes down), and my receivers were very spotty and had little upside, and there were 3 or 4 teams better, but somehow I won.

Fantasy Football is a bit of luck.

I don't know about hard matchups, but bad luck? Certainly. Neighborhood league, I lost the first game by 1 point (no guarantee he makes it, but Rivers flubbing the snap to get the Chargers out of Field Goal range cost me there). Lost the second game last night. Was up by 3, with Maclin and Wayne to go in a PPR, he had Sproles...