[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ok I will ask the stupid question? Whats everyones plan for AP?

IrishPride

I am going to hold on to him. I bet he pleas it out and get community service and counselling. However, the NFL is going to suspend him for some time but could be time served plus 4 games a total of 10 games. Unless the pressure of all that is going on forces them to do the whole season.

Personally, I think the whole thing is BS and would be completely outraged if the kid wasn't 4. 4 is a bit to young to be taking the switch to IMO because at 4 your still at that stage of impulsiveness which should be dealt with by teaching and training rather then the switch. The switch is use when your old enough to make the right choice and still chose to make the wrong one consciously.

It's not like the guy is a raging alcoholic that beats on kids or something. He made a mistake, one that was the result of his own upbringing. I believe him in that he didn't mean to be so hard on him and I also believe that he won't do that again. To ruin a guys career over this is just bad. Even the poor kid is going to suffer in the future for this. Should have been handled outside of the the court system and within the family.

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 3

You never know, but when the sponsors start dropping because he's playing, it'll keep him on the bench. Too soon now, but unless AP comes out with a sincere apology, it's lights out. I think he should venture to Singapore and get three strokes with the cane...that would be sincere.

You never know, but when the sponsors start dropping because he's playing, it'll keep him on the bench. Too soon now, but unless AP comes out with a sincere apology, it's lights out. I think he should venture to Singapore and get three strokes with the cane...that would be sincere.

He did come out with a sincere apology. His entire team supported his return and had nothing but good things to say about him. AP also signed up for counceling and guidance programs to help him. But you barely heard any of that over the drone of the mob.

I intend to hold on to him for a month or so. I want to get a more accurate feel for how things are progressing once the feeding frenzy moves on to the next guy. "Que Jonathan Dryar" and things cool down around AP a bit. His lawyers are going to speed this up as much as possible and the viking are more than likely going to activate him when this case is over depending on the outcome.

He may even enter a plea agreement, get a fine and probation and be done with it. And a plea agreement can be entered at any time. After a month or so we should have a better idea how this is going to play out. It's well worth the stash for a few weeks imo because if he does come back and play and he ends up on the guy's team you are playing in the playoffs instead of yours, you are going to be kicking yourself in the asss.

• Like 1

He did come out with a sincere apology. His entire team supported his return and had nothing but good things to say about him. AP also signed up for counceling and guidance programs to help him. But you barely heard any of that over the drone of the mob.

I intend to hold on to him for a month or so. I want to get a more accurate feel for how things are progressing once the feeding frenzy moves on to the next guy. "Que Jonathan Dryar" and things cool down around AP a bit. His lawyers are going to speed this up as much as possible and the viking are more than likely going to activate him when this case is over depending on the outcome.

He may even enter a plea agreement, get a fine and probation and be done with it. And a plea agreement can be entered at any time. After a month or so we should have a better idea how this is going to play out. It's well worth the stash for a few weeks imo because if he does come back and play and he ends up on the guy's team you are playing in the playoffs instead of yours, you are going to be kicking yourself in the asss.

I understand your angst... you own Peterson. The moment realization sets in, you have to acknowledge the bust. It sucks to bust, the question is really about how log you wait it out. Now is too soon, on this we agree, but AP is still getting paid. What' is incentive to hurry back? I'm just sayin' 2 weeks (in a 12 tm) and then you decide to cut bait. Poker aint free... but you do have to know when to fold em'.

Edited by Thews40

Wasn't really invested in this topic since I don't have AP in any of my leagues but just woke up from my nap with a trade offer -- asking for Jeremy Hill straight up.

Still groggy so not even sure what I feel about it. Something to think about though, that's for sure. I suspect the AP owner sent a similar request to all other teams asking for similar RB3/RB4 compensation. Obviously trying to cut his losses and get something back.

Edited by abishagenaden

Since I'm in a keeper league, I think even if he doesn't play, at the end of our season he may have trade value or worth a 1st round pick 2015. Remember the outcry when Vick was killing dogs for sport? It is forgotten? Vick may not have any sponsors now but he is playing again. I know its apples and orange's, Dog vs 4 year old kid but public opinion was very similar. I don't want anyone to think I'm comparing the actual acts, just the publicity and corporate response? What do you guys think? I'm going to ride the wave and get off at the end of the season, I guess my roster is one short in 2014.

I am going to hold on to him. I bet he pleas it out and get community service and counselling. However, the NFL is going to suspend him for some time but could be time served plus 4 games a total of 10 games. Unless the pressure of all that is going on forces them to do the whole season.

Personally, I think the whole thing is BS and would be completely outraged if the kid wasn't 4. 4 is a bit to young to be taking the switch to IMO because at 4 your still at that stage of impulsiveness which should be dealt with by teaching and training rather then the switch. The switch is use when your old enough to make the right choice and still chose to make the wrong one consciously.

It's not like the guy is a raging alcoholic that beats on kids or something. He made a mistake, one that was the result of his own upbringing. I believe him in that he didn't mean to be so hard on him and I also believe that he won't do that again. To ruin a guys career over this is just bad. Even the poor kid is going to suffer in the future for this. Should have been handled outside of the the court system and within the family.

+1

I think you have to hold him. The fickle public eye will move on to overreact to some other incident in a few weeks. I agree with Cowboyz1 that he will likely plea out to something that will result in a 6-10 game suspension. I give it 50/50 odds that he is back on the field in week 12. If he is eligible to play, the Vikings will start him.

Since I'm in a keeper league, I think even if he doesn't play, at the end of our season he may have trade value or worth a 1st round pick 2015.

That says it all, keeper/dynasty league if you cut him somebody else will grab him. Maybe not not, but in a few weeks or before the end of the season. Depends on if you have enough room on your roster to stash a guy who may not play all year. In our league that isn't a problem, but in some I know there isn't room to use a roster spot for somebody who isn't playing.

whoa, cowboyz1 got it right. never thought i'd be in such agreement with a cowboys fan tbh