[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brandon Marshall

Shorttynaz

Is he in hot water too? Been seeing on the news that he has a past of domestic violence, and some blowhard attorney is all over the news calling for justice. She claims that this information was presented to Goodell in the past, was supposedly around the time of Mike Vick and his legal issues. She's claiming Goodell pretty much swept it under a rug..

If there is evidence to charge him he could be in some trouble and miss time. if it is just some attorney squaking and asking for justice, I doubt a lot comes of it. But you never know, maybe just being mentioned in the news as having a history of domestic violence will be enough now to violate some unwritten rule and result in a suspension.

Marshall's incidents were back before he was diagnosed with a personality disorder. Remember how he used to be a drama queen in the mold of TO? Ever since he has gone on meds he has been all business on the football field.

Unless the local prosecutor (and the alleged victim) want to press charges, then this is a non starter and just another case of some POS lawyer and the POS media trying to get attention.

Here is a version of the story: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2014-09-17/brandon-marshall-domestic-violence-gloria-allred-nfl-goodell-rasheedah-watley-spivey

You know, if Joe from the gas station hits his girlfriend, do all of these 'outraged' friends and family go to Exxon and demand that he be terminated??? If they want to be mad, they should direct their anger at the courts that dropped the charges. trucking idiots.

• Like 3

BA agree completely. Have been saying the same thing, but these are celebrities, so the media and others are going after them.

Nobody cares if Joe at the gas station beats his GF, unless they know her. (More accurately they don't care because they don't know, but they really don't want to know. It would be very depressing to know all the dirt on people you encounter on a regular basis.)

BA agree completely. Have been saying the same thing, but these are celebrities, so the media and others are going after them.

Nobody cares if Joe at the gas station beats his GF, unless they know her. (More accurately they don't care because they don't know, but they really don't want to know. It would be very depressing to know all the dirt on people you encounter on a regular basis.)

People don't care if Joe beats his wife, kid, or mistress because it isn't a situation that they can exploit for their own personal fame and/or fortune. That's the really sickening part of all this - the majority of the torch and pitchfork crowd is only in it for the $$$.

• Like 2

If I'm not mistaken this case is back from 2008, when Brandon was no doubt a troubled man. However, these charges were dismissed by police and Brandon was not charged. I believe this woman claimed to have then tried to contact Goodell for justice since the police dismissed the case and Goodell never responded to her call.

I don't think Gloria Allred was attempting to get Brandon in any trouble over this (outside of using it as a lightning rod), as the case is dead as far as police are concerned. I think she used it as an opportunity to show another piece of evidence that Goodell has been incompetent in his handling of domestic abuse issues. She's attempting to show a pattern of negligence on his part and how cavalier he and the league has treated domestic violence for years.

I don't like Gloria Allred, but she made some good points against Goodell and the league.