[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eddie Lacy - I don't care that he was my #1 pick

BS Miscreant

Yeah, yeah I know, never sit your studs. Now, I realize he has had two tough match ups but he has another one this week. I played him last week after considering other options and it got me beat. I had five players on my bench outscore him by several points. Some by nearly double digits. His best fantasy day against Detroit last year was 9 points. I don't care that he was my first pick. He's sitting this week.

My problem now is, who starts in his place?

Matchup or not, I'm actually considering trading Lacy as soon as he shows well in a game or two. I just don't think McCarthy really cares that much about running the football, and when he does, he gives the goal line crap to Kuhn (or at least did in week one). With Rodgers healthy, I have my doubts he is RB1 material.

Matchup or not, I'm actually considering trading Lacy as soon as he shows well in a game or two. I just don't think McCarthy really cares that much about running the football, and when he does, he gives the goal line crap to Kuhn (or at least did in week one). With Rodgers healthy, I have my doubts he is RB1 material.

Not sure where the Mike McCarthy thing about running the football comes from. Last year with Rodgers as QB Lacy averaged 22 carries (I removed Week 2 Concussion, and Chicago game where Rodgers got hurt), and 84 yards, He had 4 TDs in that span of 6 games. Once Wilkerson got the boot last game Lacy was able to run the ball just fine. Two good defenses that can stop the run. Pretty sure Detroit knows with all of their CB injuries if they play one deep safety against Rodgers it will be a long day for them. You can bench him...I'm not doing it.

As evidenced by Lacy's paltry 1178 rushing yards, 11 TDs, and 44 catches last season.

• Like 1

Yeah, yeah I know, never sit your studs. Now, I realize he has had two tough match ups but he has another one this week. I played him last week after considering other options and it got me beat. I had five players on my bench outscore him by several points. Some by nearly double digits. His best fantasy day against Detroit last year was 9 points. I don't care that he was my first pick. He's sitting this week.

It is all about if you have a better option , would you sit him if you had to start Toby Gerhart in his place ?

Call me crazy but based on what I've seen with my eyes and know statistically, I believe DeSean Jackson, James Jones, Andrew Hawkins and Bernard Pierce (all on my team) have a strong chance of performing at least as well as Lacy this weekend.

He definitely has a bad matchup, Detroits run D is stout. But don't sit him for someone like Bernard Pierce or Shane Vereen.

After reading this thread, I just offered a Lacy owner a few different trades hoping he is panicking.

PPR league

Lacy for Sproles and M Wallace

Lacy for Sproles and V Cruz

Lacy for Sproles and M Colston

we'll see...

As a Lacy owner in one league, I might consider the one for Sproles/Wallace. It's a PPR. Too bad I'm in a sell low position at the moment, I might have gone and tried to make that deal.

That said, I do think he'll pick up the pace as the year wears on. Not sure I would spend a #1.7 pick on him again, though. The soft spot on his head scares me.

So, you guys are telling me in a PPR format you would rather have Sproles and Wallace over Lacy?

Its a 10 team league and i'm stacked at WR BTW...

Julio

Wallace

Colston

Hilton

Maclin

Cruz

want to do a 2-1 so i can pick up a guy like Hawkins or Quick on the wire...

Lacy has faced two of the best front sevens - both in pass rush and run defense - in the NFL in the first two weeks of this season.

Maybe I'm wrong but while the Lion front seven is solid, they are more known for their rush than their killer run stuffing. Sure, they've looked stout to start the season but faced the Panthers and Giants, two teams not exactly known for running the ball with success lately.

I'm not saying Lacy is due for a 100 rushing yards, 2 TD day.... but something like 90-100 combined yards, 2-4 catches and 1 TD doesn't sound too unreasonable.

Edited by darin3