[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IE 10 and enter button not working

Big Country

I have IE10, and for some reason, the enter button does not create a line break... it does nothing. It works fine when posting from an Ipad or my phone, but not from the computer. Unfortunately, this is a work computer, so upgrading or changing browsers is not an option as we are heavily locked down on that front. Just curious if this is a known issue on the boards. The enter button works fine on other sites, so it seems restricted to just the huddle forums.

BC Any chance you can load Chrome as an alternate browser to use when you have issues with IE? I'm only on IE9 but I occassionaly find sites that don't work right (mostly not work related) and usually just jump over to Chrome for that.

IE Seems to be having more issues as web sites develop and advance, starting to wonder if people are not coding to a standard or testing that more aligns with non IE browser (since many are tired of Microsoft and some of their changes).

It has more to do with using a 3.5 year old browser (IE9 was released in March 2011). Web design has progressed greatly in that time and much of the new code, which is aiding sites be more mobile friendly, is simply incompatible with old browser technology. Especially IE.

It has more to do with using a 3.5 year old browser (IE9 was released in March 2011). Web design has progressed greatly in that time and much of the new code, which is aiding sites be more mobile friendly, is simply incompatible with old browser technology. Especially IE.

Understood... unfortunately the company I work for is slow to progress to newer versions of the browser, and has us locked down so that the version of IE that they are on is the only thing we can have loaded on our computers.

BC - I was referring to IE9. IE10 shouldn't be an issue with the site. Now these forums are another animal. I think someone has posted about the IE10/enter key issue before and someone found a workaround.

BC - I was referring to IE9. IE10 shouldn't be an issue with the site. Now these forums are another animal. I think someone has posted about the IE10/enter key issue before and someone found a workaround.

Yes - it was with the forums - but, as noted in post above, searched old threads and found a workable solution.

Site works fine.... like I said, the company I work for is slow to update things (heavily regulated, so any software is tested forever before being rolled out). So, for a few months, I couldn't access the site content except for on my phone or Ipad.

• WJW locked this topic