[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers Offense / Davante Adams

Chloroform Rx

As a Fresno State homer I am a bit biased, but I loved watching Davante Adams play. He is a big reason Derek Carr was so successful in college. He piled up 233 catches, 3,031 yards and 38 TD's over 2 years at Fresno State. I don't know if he has the skills to be a successful No. 1 receiver on an NFL team, but I would say he's in the absolute perfect position playing in Green Bay. He out-snapped Boykin 37-25 and finished with 5-50 on 7 targets. The downside is he'll be the third option (and he's still fighting for playing time), but he has WR2 skills and will be drawing the weakest coverage.

What I'm wondering is does anyone know where I can get info on how the Packers run their WR sets? How often they run 3WR, 4WR, 5WR, etc. I did a quick Google search and nothing popped up.

Keep your eye on this kid.

As a Fresno State homer I am a bit biased, but I loved watching Davante Adams play. He is a big reason Derek Carr was so successful in college. He piled up 233 catches, 3,031 yards and 38 TD's over 2 years at Fresno State. I don't know if he has the skills to be a successful No. 1 receiver on an NFL team, but I would say he's in the absolute perfect position playing in Green Bay. He out-snapped Boykin 37-25 and finished with 5-50 on 7 targets. The downside is he'll be the third option (and he's still fighting for playing time), but he has WR2 skills and will be drawing the weakest coverage.

What I'm wondering is does anyone know where I can get info on how the Packers run their WR sets? How often they run 3WR, 4WR, 5WR, etc. I did a quick Google search and nothing popped up.

Keep your eye on this kid.

as a guy who watches/bets college religiously.....im pretty familiar with the guy....the numbers he put up last year were just ridiculous even for the overall level of comp

you pointed out the snap counts....i think thats almost irrelevant now as i think hes pretty much completely taking over for boykin.....even being the 3rd guy in that passing offense is big time potential in any given week because they dont really have a great TE option

I dropped Boykin for him last week. I'm hopeful, he's still a back up right now for me though. Not ready for me to say flex him. As for WR2, I think that's pushing it for a guy on a team with Cobb and Nelson.

I think dropping Boykin was a good move. It looks more and more like Adams is going to get a lot of time and Boykin simply has not performed.

Yeah in dynasty circles this name isn't news, but to those that are redraft-centric, he's a name you should watch.

As of the time of the draft, both Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb were both in their final years of their contracts. Nelson has since re-signed, but Cobb remains a FA coming up in 2015.

If the Packers elect to let Cobb walk, Adams could conceivably be a top-15 fantasy WR in 2015 and beyond.

As others have stated, Boykin is an average - at best - WR, while Adams exhibits far greater skill and measurables. Pairing up with Rodgers, opposite Nelson, would be a huge boon to his fantasy value.

Even if Cobb re-signs, we have seen guys like the very average James Jones have fantasy value as the #3 WR for this team. With no TE to particularly speak of, the third wideout will continue to have flashes of fantasy production.

There will be plenty of yards and TDs to go around for the #3 WR in Green Bay. It does indeed look like he has already moved in to that spot. But the competition is fierce. This is arguably the best recieving core in the NFL. It would take an injury or some mind blowing plays for him to move into the 1 or 2 spot.

Edited by Alphashado

• 2 weeks later...