[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drop Gordon for McKinnon?

Fig19

12 Team .5PPR League (my team is in the sig)

So there has been a lot of buzz about Jerick McKinnon and with AP's return this year questionable and the not so attractive Asiata option (already taken in the league anyway), should I consider dropping Gordon for Mckinnon?

I'm pretty stacked at WR having CJ, Dez, and Cobb starting, with Watkins on the bench and a bit thin at RB with Martin looking like garbage. I would like to try and hold onto Gordon to have him for the playoffs, if I make it, but I think it may be hard wasting that roster spot all season. I also just picked up Donnell and have him behind Ertz, so I really don't want to drop him.

I'm currently 2-0 and started off this week great with Matty Ice torching Tampa last night. So, should I roll the dice and snag Mckinnon for Gordon, before he possibly does well this week and then he will be on everyone's radar.

Thanks!

Keep Gordon IMO. You have a #1 WR when he comes back, your 2-0 so things are looking good. its not like you need Mckinnon and he's unproven. I would try to trade one of your elite WRs if your RBs don't pan out... and wait for Gordon to push you through the playoffs...

Yes - Gordon is wasted roster space. You can't play him for another 10 weeks. What if McKinnon doesn't do isht for 3 weeks, but then something happens to Asiata, or they pull the plug on him, insert McKinnon, and he lives up to the hype - you could have had him, but you're holding on to garbage wasting a roster spot for another 6 weeks after that..

I don't get why so many people are hanging on to Gordon. Even when he does come back late in the season, what kind of shape will he be in? He hasn't had a preseason - won't have had any work with that offense, I wouldn't touch that guy this season - you're crippling your team by essentially playing with one less roster spot that anyone else..

He's started conditioning this week. He will be a WR 1 when he returns...

He will be the #1 on his team in 10 weeks, but who's to say he will be a WR1 in fantasy.. Dude was a stud last year for sure - but in my opinion, I'm using my full roster over the course of those 10 weeks and picking up someone who could help my team in as soon as a week or two.. He starts conditioning, but he will still have had NO work with Manziel (who I think will be the starter at that time). Maybe I'm completely wrong by the time the season's said and done, and I like taking risks, but if I need that spot for another potential gem like McKinnon, well - JG - you're fired!

I have to get to the playoff's first before I can worry about who I'm looking at starting in the playoffs..

Edited by Shorttynaz

Agree to disagree. I respect your opinion either way...

For me, I love my team in the league i've stashed him in and i'm not going to use that roster spot. I'm currently 2nd in the league so i'm off to a good start. And I believe he is definitely a fantasy WR 1, not just a the #1 on his own team. I'm sure every situation and opinion is different. I've got my reasons, you've got yours. GLGL

• Like 1

It should be noted that I love McKinnon and hope he breaks out. I have him stashed in my PPR league... But I'm not able to find room for him in my standard league right now...

I'd stick with Gordon. Your team is pretty solid, and Gordon is a guy who can seal a championship for you when he comes back. I think he'll be a WR1 when he comes back, but maybe even better for you is that he could be some really nice trade bait since you're already stacked at WR. I'd continue to stash him and then start shopping him for a stud RB as he gets closer to returning.

Edited by air10force