[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keenan Allen?

boltup2106

Keenan, step this way, got a nice warm spot on my bench for you. Get comfortable, you'll probably be there a while.

Benched Hawkins and Mike Floyd for him. Maybe he could introduce himself to Mr. Rivers sometime soon.

He's been a little dinged up and has played some decent defenses, despite torching Richard Sherman last week. He'll come around. Eddie Royal has already caught 2 of the 3 TD passes he'll catch this season. Gates has had his one Return To Glory Days game and won't be the red zone target black hole that he has been so far. Woodhead is out with a what the Chargers fear is a broken bone in his leg. Nothing but more targets coming Allen's way as he gets healthier.

I've seen speculation that maybe he wasn't 100% today, and was used as more of a decoy than anything else...not sure whether that's the case or not, but with the tough match-ups in weeks 1 & 2 (Sherman & Peterson), and the chance that he may have been a little dinged up today, I'm willing to wait another week before panicking on him.

There are only like a half dozen WRs that you can expect good games from on a consistent basis and Keenan ain't one of them. I'm looking to buy low on him. If you can pay WR3 prices for him then there should be a positive return.

The risk with Keenan has always been the low volume of pass plays that the Chargers run. He is going to have more crappy weeks, but he will also have some nice weeks.

He's been a little dinged up and has played some decent defenses, despite torching Richard Sherman last week. He'll come around. Eddie Royal has already caught 2 of the 3 TD passes he'll catch this season. Gates has had his one Return To Glory Days game and won't be the red zone target black hole that he has been so far. Woodhead is out with a what the Chargers fear is a broken bone in his leg. Nothing but more targets coming Allen's way as he gets healthier.

Wait he torched Sherman? Was that sarcasm

I've seen speculation that maybe he wasn't 100% today, and was used as more of a decoy than anything else...not sure whether that's the case or not, but with the tough match-ups in weeks 1 & 2 (Sherman & Peterson), and the chance that he may have been a little dinged up today, I'm willing to wait another week before panicking on him.

I don't think it was merely speculation. He had a groin injury. I benched him in the league I own him in (thankfully) and may give him another week before I drop him back into the starting lineup.

There are only like a half dozen WRs that you can expect good games from on a consistent basis and Keenan ain't one of them. I'm looking to buy low on him. If you can pay WR3 prices for him then there should be a positive return.

The risk with Keenan has always been the low volume of pass plays that the Chargers run. He is going to have more crappy weeks, but he will also have some nice weeks.

Apparently Calvin Johnson and Demaryius Thomas are not on that list either. Non-PPR league, both were disappointing yesterday. Combined with Fitz my starting 3 WR got 15 points the 3 on my bench (Austin, Stills, Matthews[PHI]) scored twice that. No matter, down huge to Foles/MurrayABrown owner.

Calvin had 82 yards yesterday (8 pts in non-PPR). That's his 'disappointing' game?

Yes it is, for a guy that generally gets closer to 15.

Then last night with no chance to win anyway, I have my nose rubbed in honda with Bennett (my opponent) catching both of the TDs that Cutler threw. Lost 116-52.

Just a little bitter and down with fantasy, NFL, my Browns and some other thinmgs.

When Eddie a Royal started getting looks, that tells me Keenan is not right

That being said, it's time to buy low!

Started getting looks? Royal had TEN targets Week 2 and only 6 last week. Royal "getting looks" isn't anything new.

That said, go look at Allen's first 3 weeks last year and then compare those numbers to what the final picture looks like. He didn't appear to be feeling any ill effects from the groin injury last week. The Bolts were just burning the Bills on the ground and yes, Royal was effective. No reason to force the ball - even to your #1 - if other parts of the offense are working well.

Allen will turn it around.

Just got an offer from one of my league mates. He wants to trade his K.Allen for my A.Bradshaw....hmmmmm. Very interesting indeed.

Its a half point per rec league, so Bradshaw has been tearing it up. It is VERY tempting, but Allen really hasn't shown very much, is a bit dinged too. But then Bradshaw is so injury prone as well. Leaning towards no because RBs that are consistently scoring seem to be extremely rare this year.

Wish Allen has showed SOME signs of life, then I would do it in a heart beat.