[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Taliaferro

rajncajn

Just as deserving of his own thread as Crowell, but his outlook is a bit more murky. Baltimore seems content right now with mixing snaps between their backs and when Pierce returns it seems likely he will return to being the "starter." I didn't get to see the game this week, nor any of the highlights, does Taliaferro look that much better than Forsett and/or Pierce to say that he looks like he could be the starter? Or even better yet, did he show enough to be able to say that he looks like he could be their next franchise back?

• Like 1

He looked pretty good, but the Browns have not been very good against the run yet this year. He didn't look lost, missing assignments or not being prepared. Better than Pierce, maybe not, but probably as good as Forsett now and getting better. I could him being the starter or 1A guy by the second half.

I strongly considered adding and stashing him on Saturday, now I'll be stuck with the hoards on waivers, and at 2-1 I'll be in the bottom half of the picks.

Interesting to see where the Huddle ranked him for rest of season in today's post. One game and he's THAT much higher than guys like T West and Sankey?

We touched on him 2 weeks ago on The BLITZED Podcast with regard to the upside he had that could come to light by week 6.

I've been toutin' this guy since I saw him excel in the Senior Bowl. Was lukewarm on his landing spot due to Rice/Pierce but with the Rice issues I moved him wayyyy up my boards. He's a between-the-tackles banger but has relatively soft hands in catching the ball out of the backfield. Has some Steven Jackson in him. I'm a buyer in all formats.

We touched on him 2 weeks ago on The BLITZED Podcast with regard to the upside he had that could come to light by week 6.

Thanks.

Are these going to be transcribed. or allow searching (scrolling?) in case I don't have 30 minutes to listen to the entire audio? At least the search through the audio didn't work for me in Chrome, just froze and I had to close the tab.

WADR, the podcasts are not "my thing" - I prefer to read the articles.

I wish I wasn't such an RB whore, or I'd have no issue picking him up, but I'm already maxed at RB.

Thanks.

Are these going to be transcribed. or allow searching (scrolling?) in case I don't have 30 minutes to listen to the entire audio? At least the search through the audio didn't work for me in Chrome, just froze and I had to close the tab.

WADR, the podcasts are not "my thing" - I prefer to read the articles.

I wish I wasn't such an RB whore, or I'd have no issue picking him up, but I'm already maxed at RB.

I don't foresee them being transcribed (would take a ton of time to do). I'll look into possibly listing the times for each segment in the pinned thread. Normally we start with an interview, then go into a discussion, then the Tapped In (beer segment interview) then wrap up with our Alright, Alright, Alright take for the week.

Looks to me like the ravens have their new #1 RB. Tali-ho!

They problem is, at least for now, being in a timeshare with pierce and forsett and trying to figure out which RB will have the hot week.

Edited by irish

I notice that DMD has predicted a tally for Tali this week and plenty of work. That will probably pan out, but only if I leave him on my bench.

I notice that DMD has predicted a tally for Tali this week and plenty of work. That will probably pan out, but only if I leave him on my bench.

So by all means, please comply.

• Like 1

Tali just hit the waivers and I'm not really sure who is worth dropping for him at this point. I like my current options and they are all putting up worthwhile points each week. I could drop Brian Quick but he continues to show improvement...or Asiata, he's not that good but is producing consistent flex points based on volume.

Don't know what to do. :pullhair: Is he worth it to stash?

Edited by ShuckCreations

I was one of the fortunate ones that picked him up last week and I played him in a desperation play over Decker. I am wondering about him if Pierce can play. It will be muddled for a while but I hope Taliferro will rise to the top. JMO but I think the Ravens have seen enough of Pierce to know that he isn't the answer and the best way to go would be to play and develop Taliferro as a feature back.

I was one of the fortunate ones that picked him up last week and I played him in a desperation play over Decker. I am wondering about him if Pierce can play. It will be muddled for a while but I hope Taliferro will rise to the top. JMO but I think the Ravens have seen enough of Pierce to know that he isn't the answer and the best way to go would be to play and develop Taliferro as a feature back.

I really think this is correct, seems pretty clear already who has the upside in this group, one would imagine they will not suppress him. But who the hell really knows.

Ray Rice was cut to pick him up in our league, that was probably an easy choice. Our league is very deep so I knew he'd get picked up, I was like 6-7 on waivers and I missed on him and Blount, but did add Starks (drop Dunbar).

Its all a crapshoot, you never really know. I almost signed him as a free agent on Fri/Sat but decided to wait. Dumb move since I'd certainly be in the bottom half of waivers even if I lost in week 3. And if he has a good game he'd be a top waiver guy so no way I get him.

I stay away from players like Taliaferro. While he seems to possess some talent (small sample size), unless it becomes clear that Pierce and Forsett are taking a back seat (don't see that happening) he's not worth a roster spot imo

I stay away from players like Taliaferro. While he seems to possess some talent (small sample size), unless it becomes clear that Pierce and Forsett are taking a back seat (don't see that happening) he's not worth a roster spot imo

That's kind of where I stand right now. The players I have on my team right now are all producing. Why would I give one of them up for an unproven, "potentially" high up-side rookie backup? For him to sit on my bench? I get that he could come out of the wood works and provide end of season sleeper value but it just seems too high risk to me. I understand playing ultra conservative won't win you fantasy titles but risking too much has its faults as well.

I think we all get that, but if your RB situation isn't good, and you're in a deep league with little on waivers you have to keep swinging at these guys hoping you get a big hit. There are not better guys who are sure to have good stats on waivers. And if I wasn't paying $2 per roster move I'd be making many more of them hoping to find that diamond in the rough.

I'm not looking for advice, but here are my RB (yes I know they are bad), listed in likeliness to start (2 max)

Chris Johonson, Toby Gerhart, James Stewart, James Starks, Stepfan Taylor, CJ Anderson, Devonta Freeman

Most RB that people would suggest I add to replace some of those scrubs are not available in our league.

Edited by stevegrab

Yeah, I am always thinking in terms of 20 man rosters, in which case he is a perfect stash and hold - would be a much harder decision with a short bench.

I think we all get that, but if your RB situation isn't good, and you're in a deep league with little on waivers you have to keep swinging at these guys hoping you get a big hit. There are not better guys who are sure to have good stats on waivers. And if I wasn't paying $2 per roster move I'd be making many more of them hoping to find that diamond in the rough.

I'm not looking for advice, but here are my RB (yes I know they are bad), listed in likeliness to start (2 max)

Chris Johonson, Toby Gerhart, James Stewart, James Starks, Stepfan Taylor, CJ Anderson, Devonta Freeman

Most RB that people would suggest I add to replace some of those scrubs are not available in our league.

Agree and I am in the same situation. I took Gerhart as my RB2, I drank the kool-aid. ( and the beer on draft day). Until last week my rbs were Lynch, Gerhart, Freeman, and Crowell. One stud and one scrub with the rest hit or miss back ups. I grabbed Taliaferro simply because he had the start. Those that have good RB's more power to you, but there are a lot of us that are severely struggling at that position. Also no matter how good you are in any position it shouldn't stop you from looking for the next hitter. These days you never know when injuries or off the field behavior can put an end to production.

Agree and I am in the same situation. I took Gerhart as my RB2, I drank the kool-aid. ( and the beer on draft day). Until last week my rbs were Lynch, Gerhart, Freeman, and Crowell. One stud and one scrub with the rest hit or miss back ups. I grabbed Taliaferro simply because he had the start. Those that have good RB's more power to you, but there are a lot of us that are severely struggling at that position. Also no matter how good you are in any position it shouldn't stop you from looking for the next hitter. These days you never know when injuries or off the field behavior can put an end to production.

Just look at the running back position point totals so far. It is an inconsistant wasteland, and in most large leagues there are absolute turds starting at RB every week - and with bye weeks upon us, a guy like Tali might be just as startable as anybody.