[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Taliaferro

rajncajn

Smooth segue into an advice post.... I'll give at a 7/10 on the smoothness scale, which means it earns a response rather than ridicule.

How short is a short bench, and who are your starters? Crummy starters, keep the plodder for a slightly safer option that you play match ups with. Have strong RBs, I swing for the fences on Tali banking on any potential share shifting more and more toward his favor as the season progresses.

I agree with this POV. We know right now what Asiata is and what he will be. And the upside for Tali eclipses that level.

Smooth segue into an advice post.... I'll give at a 7/10 on the smoothness scale, which means it earns a response rather than ridicule.

How short is a short bench, and who are your starters? Crummy starters, keep the plodder for a slightly safer option that you play match ups with. Have strong RBs, I swing for the fences on Tali banking on any potential share shifting more and more toward his favor as the season progresses.

Yeah. I apologize for sliding in the advice post. I wish I was that smooth back at my junior prom with Stacy Updressowitz. I was 1/10 that night and Cousins-like with my passes. She eventually ditched me and ended up making out my best friend's uncle Hyram.

I'm sitting on Charles/Davis and Foster. With CJnoK, Ivory, KRobinson, Asiata or Tali on the bench. I most likely stick with Tali

Thanks!

I'm not sure if you realize this or not but all of the projections on this site are done by a human. DMD does the offensive projections and I do the IDP ones...neither of us use algorithms to create those projections. I can't speak for DMD but what I can say from my POV is that it's hard as hel1 to do write-ups and projections early in the week. DMD has his offensive stuff out for I think Wednesday AM and at that point teams haven't even practiced yet...IDP projections come out on Thursday and I only have one day of practice reports to look at and what you don't realize is that some of those player's write-ups happened before the injury report came out. The Friday updates are huge and allow us to make much more informed tweaks to projections.

Ok. Understood.

Pierce was active today but it was the Forsett and Taliaferro show. Hope this means that Tali will be over Pierce the rest of the way. I played him today and was happy with the results. I hope the Ravens coaches were as well.

Not sure any conclusions can be drawn based on today, the word pre-game was that Pierce would be "eased back in" coming off of his injury. Even though I'm right with you in hoping that Tali leaps him on the depth chart.

Not sure any conclusions can be drawn based on today, the word pre-game was that Pierce would be "eased back in" coming off of his injury. Even though I'm right with you in hoping that Tali leaps him on the depth chart.

What was answered is that regardless of who does the main ball carrying, Forsett is the guy to own in PPR leagues. And honestly, chances are Tali-ho with be the other guy.

What was answered is that regardless of who does the main ball carrying, Forsett is the guy to own in PPR leagues. And honestly, chances are Tali-ho with be the other guy.

Yeah because eased back in doesn't usually mean "not used at all". Did Pierce even get on field. I'd have to find some snap count info to see, since he didn't have a carry or pass thrown his way. I watched most of the game (got taken to another game late) but didn't recall hearing Pierce's name mentioned.

Maybe they decided they didn't need to use him.

Yeah because eased back in doesn't usually mean "not used at all". Did Pierce even get on field. I'd have to find some snap count info to see, since he didn't have a carry or pass thrown his way. I watched most of the game (got taken to another game late) but didn't recall hearing Pierce's name mentioned.

Maybe they decided they didn't need to use him.

Don't think he played.

Snap count percentages (week #4) from CBS Sportsline:

Ravens

RB: Justin Forsett- 62 percent; Lorenzo Taliaferro - 35 percent

WR: Torrey Smith - 76 percent; Steve Smith - 75 percent; Marlon Brown- 49 percent

TE: Owen Daniels - 81 percent

Bernard Pierce was active, but did not see the field.

• Like 1

Snap count percentages (week #4) from CBS Sportsline:

Ravens

RB: Justin Forsett- 62 percent; Lorenzo Taliaferro - 35 percent

WR: Torrey Smith - 76 percent; Steve Smith - 75 percent; Marlon Brown- 49 percent

TE: Owen Daniels - 81 percent

Bernard Pierce was active, but did not see the field.

All you need to know. And we're down to a 2- back approach. Forsett is the guy to own in PPR leagues at this point and Tali-ho had the best long term value.

• 2 weeks later...

Wondering if people are still high on Taliaferro after this week's game. Forsett and Pierce got 15 carries each and Taliaferro got 2 in a blowout. Considering the score and the huge early lead I thought Taliaferro would get plenty of garbage time but it seems as if the coaches are favoring Pierce. What are your thoughts on Taliaferro in a redraft league? I think Tali is better than Pierce but just like Sankey if the coaches don't agree or play them it doesn't make much difference.

I still think he will be a factor at some point this season. Still a hold on deeper rosters in my opinion. Yeah, he only touched the ball 4 times, but produced over 1.5 PPR points per touch. I like to keep talent around and hope their situation changes when I can, Holding.

• Like 3

Two games now with very few touches. I don't understand the logic of the Raven's coaches, but it looks like barring injury Pierce is the guy. I don't know how much longer I can wait for the coaches to realize what almost everyone else knows, that Taliaferro is the Rb to develop and give the playing time. Pierce has had ample opportunities to run away with it and just hasn't done so. The Vikings seem to be quicker on the draw at recognizing the true talent and developing it now. It's too bad the Ravens aren't the same. I know the week I drop Taliaferro will be the week he goes of and runs with it.

• Like 1

MIN can sit back and develop talent, they have no hopes of doing anything this year. The Ravens are a serious playoff contender and will stick with what works now. And they feel that is the more experienced (but possibly less talented) pair of Pierce/Forsett over Taliho.

I suggest you just drop Tali, because the coaches have already made up their mind.

• Like 1

MIN can sit back and develop talent, they have no hopes of doing anything this year. The Ravens are a serious playoff contender and will stick with what works now. And they feel that is the more experienced (but possibly less talented) pair of Pierce/Forsett over Taliho.

I suggest you just drop Tali, because the coaches have already made up their mind.

Agreed and Forsett continues to produce and play well.