[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Soliciting Feedback on The BLITZED Podcast

keggerz

Responding to a question in another thread made me realize reaching out for feedback about The BLITZED Podcast would be a good thing to do.

We know that the first Tapped In interview of Goose Island (ep2) was far too long and have since cut the Tapped In interviews to ~10 mins.

Feel free to be open about your likes, dislikes and/or wants for the show. Some we may be able to do, some we may not (transcribing doesn't look possible) but we want to do what we can to make the podcast as good as it possibly can be.

Thanks,

Steve

PS: If for some reason you don't feel comfortable commenting here you can shoot me an email at: gallo AT thehuddle DOT com.

"chapters" would be good, IMO. my company puts together training videos, and while we have the full length video people can watch, we also put the chapters in so people can click to navigate to specific content areas without searching.

ETA: not sure of something like this or that "Dragon" software might work for transcribing (I know, I know... I'm sounding pushy about it)

Edited by lennykravitz2004

"chapters" would be good, IMO. my company puts together training videos, and while we have the full length video people can watch, we also put the chapters in so people can click to navigate to specific content areas without searching.

ETA: not sure of something like this or that "Dragon" software might work for transcribing (I know, I know... I'm sounding pushy about it)

Appreciate the feedback. I'll look into chapters but that's not something I've seen with other podcasts. If you happen to have any examples let me know because I'd like to check them out and reach out to whoever is producing them to see the how/what it takes to do it. As for transcribing, I hate to say it but I just don't see that happening (time being the main reason).

Still wiling to listen to feedback...especially surrounding content.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else been having problems with getting episode 6 via podcast on an iPad? I can search for and see episode 6, but when I go to download I get episode 5 again instead. The subscription feed still only shows 5 episodes as well. Tried rebooting the device and unsubscribing/resubscribing as well.

Anyone else been having problems with getting episode 6 via podcast on an iPad? I can search for and see episode 6, but when I go to download I get episode 5 again instead. The subscription feed still only shows 5 episodes as well. Tried rebooting the device and unsubscribing/resubscribing as well.

I noticed that episode 5 was missing at iTunes and thought it was something on our end but it's not. When I check Stitcher which uses the same RSS feed it has all 6 episodes. I asked on twitter if anyone knew of any issues and all I heard was that iTunes has been acting up lately. I'll try on my iPad later tonight when I get home and see what I get.

Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by keggerz

• 2 weeks later...

Something I noticed is the audio quality seems poor when Jake is speaking. I understand the move and sickness may be contributing factors, but his portions have been kind of muffled and hard to hear/understand in various listening environments. Is it because of the move that he doesn't have the same setup? Otherwise been listening and enjoying the production, thanks!

Something I noticed is the audio quality seems poor when Jake is speaking. I understand the move and sickness may be contributing factors, but his portions have been kind of muffled and hard to hear/understand in various listening environments. Is it because of the move that he doesn't have the same setup? Otherwise been listening and enjoying the production, thanks!

Jake's setup the past 2 weeks (maybe 3) hasn't been the best and he's had to call in on a cell which has hurt his call quality. He should have internet setup for this week's show and all should be back to good.

Thanks for listening and really glad to hear you are enjoying the show. If I may ask, can you tell me how you are listening? Huddle, iTunes, Stitcher or other?

Jake's setup the past 2 weeks (maybe 3) hasn't been the best and he's had to call in on a cell which has hurt his call quality. He should have internet setup for this week's show and all should be back to good.

Thanks for listening and really glad to hear you are enjoying the show. If I may ask, can you tell me how you are listening? Huddle, iTunes, Stitcher or other?

iTunes via Podcast on an iPad (which notably does not help with the sound quality either). Appreciate the update.