[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this collusion?

Brooklyn718

It's an 8 person league and we're all friends.. ESPN standard scoring

Anywho... there's a kid who's currently 0-3(Team A) and he is looking to make moves.. there's another kid who he's really close friends with who he ended up trading players with(Team B)

Team A(0-3) trades

Demaryius Thomas and Philip Rivers

for

Team B(2-1)

Marques Colston, Michael Crabtree, CJ Spiller

I feel it's a pretty lopsided trade.. what do you guys think? I'm just worried since they're so close eventually Team A will cave and just start trying to hand off his players which are left to Team B (I'm the commish so I would stop any of that) but it's a headache.

First of all, what are the rest of their rosters? This might not be as bad as it looks if Team A is loaded at WR and running Andrew Luck at QB.

Secondly, I'd call up Player A and ask him his football reasons for making this trade. Don't email and don't text. CALL him or meet in person. If he really has football reasons for the trade he should be able to tell you right away.

If it smacks of shady BS, then tell them so. Player B should know this smacks of collusion and be able to defend his football reasoning. Interfering can be a bad move for a commish, but so is allowing two friends to give one of them a super team.

The teams are as followed BEFORE THIS TRADE

Team A

Cam Newton, Colin Kaepernick, Philip Rivers

Justin Forsett, Stevan Ridley, Eddie Lacy, Doug Martin

AJ Green, Demaryius Thomas, Mohamed Sanu, Keenan Allen, Kelvin Benjamin

Vernon Davis, Antonio Gates

Nick Novak

Team B

Matt Stafford, Matt Ryan

Giovani Bernard, CJ Spiller, Leveon Bell

Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Pierre Garcon, Michael Crabtree, Roddy White, Marques Colston, Deanre Hopkins

Julius Thomas, Zach Ertz

Nick Folk

It's just.. I feel alot of people usually make sure when they're executing a trade they make sure not to stack the opposite team.. a Johnson, Marshall, Thomas WR core is just insane

Team B even said they threw in Colston at the end of the trade just to even it out for Team A... Team A was content with moving Rivers and Thomas for Crabtree and Spiller

I even offered Hilton and Desean Jackson in hopes of jacking up the price a bit to no avail.

The current system we have is where any trade is allowed but this seems a bit over the top. I don't want to over step my boundaries and say NO THIS TRADE IS NOT GOING THROUGH.. but I think I'm going to throw it out there in the morning I might take a league wide vote on this trade because it seems way too lopsided. What do you guys think?

Put it to a vote..majority to veto....it is definitely lopsided but don't cause waves in the league by being the commish dictator and swatting every trade you don't like..either a league vote or in our league we use the commish and the two division winners from the previous year to allow or veto trades...if they are involved in the trade we have two alternates so that keeps votes away from anybody who has interest in the trade and has worked out for us....