[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Time to trade Charles?

MikeFL25

I have Jamaal Charles and a very injury-battered team. I'm 2-1 so far but looking at the other rosters i my league I'll need to make some changes if I want to stay competitive. My roster is as follows:

QB: Luck

RB: Knile Davis

RB: Matt Asiata

WR: AJ Green

WR: Alshon Jeffrey

TE: Vernon Davis

W/R: Pierre Garcon

K: Gostkowski

Def: Buffalo

Bench:

Russel Wilson

Jamaal Charles

Kelvin Benjamin

Montee Ball

Mark Ingram

Antonio Gates

I lost my two heavy hitters in Charles and Ingram, Davis and Jeffrey are just starting to get back into form. I wont trade away Ingram because he had great production before the injury. Charles is concerning me. Should I try to trade him to one of the other team owners that might be interested, or wait it out?

Just an update: I have received a trade offer for Charles. I would trade Charles and get Julio Jones and either Brandon Cooks or Kenny Stills.

I want to jump on this, as Julio is a great WR giving me a ton of receiver depth and great flex options each week with Green, Jeffrey and Jones, as well as Garcon. Charles wasn't incredibly productive before the injury but when he returns to the field my only concern is that I am now down 2 RB's since Knile Davis will likely return to the bench. What is your thoughts on this? This trade would leave me incredibly wealthy at WR but somewhat lacking at RB...when Ingram gets healthy I still have him and Montee Ball, but Ball has also under performed thus far.

Should I try for a trade for another RB like Le' Veon Bell or McCoy?

It comes down to RB really, I would love to have Julio on my roster to really fill out my receiver and flex options. Having Jones, Green, Jeffrey and Garçon is crazy. When Ingram gets healthy I will have him, Ball and Asiata, but I will likely lose Knile Davis as an option when Charles gets healthy again. My gamble is that getting Jones will still pay off points wise over keeping Charles. Any other thoughts? I do understand what you are sayings though, Basket, which is why I haven't accepted the trade yet

The guy I am getting Jones from? Here is his roster:

QB: Rogers

RB: m. Lynch

RB: t. West

WR: maclin

WR: j. Jones

W/R: Brandon cooks

TE: gronk

K: hauschka

D: Ravens

bench:

K. Stills, Tom Brady, Ben Tate, Keenan Allen, roddy white, Kyle Rudolph

Edited by MikeFL25
  • Like 1

I have already expressed interest in Lynch, but I think it's a no-go. So you don't think getting Julio will offset the points that Charles may make later?

My RB situation for the remainder of the year would be: Ingram (when healthy), Montee Ball, Matt asiata, Knile Davis (maybe)

WR and Flex: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Alshon Jeffrey, Pierre Garçon.

Justin Forsett and Chris Ivory are the decent ones on waiver, I could possibly offer a trade to someone that might be weak at WR but otherwise Ball, Asiata and Ingram will be my primary backs if I go through with the trade. Unless KC keeps Davis in the lineup which is doubtful

After further discussion, he might be willing to part with Lynch for Charles and maybe Garçon. Although Lynch might be the safer option, I can't help but feel like the trade off of loosing Charles is worth it to obtain the#1 receiver. I could possibly work it to trade away Charles and garçon for jones and maclin/cooks.

I also have Russell Wilson and might be able to work a trade for a RB at some point in exchange for Wilson, but I don't know for sure yet.

UPDATE: I have someone on my team who is QB-starved. He had RG3 and Geno, and is not happy with either. Apparently he is not happy with any of the waver wire QBs either. (He's also the guy in the league that kinda almost doesn't give a crap). He is offering me LeSean McCoy for Russell Wilson and one of my WRs. SHould I take the trade? I thought is, if I take this trade, I can trade Jamaal Charles for Julio Jones and Cooks, Julio is the #1 scoring WR in our league and I think the #5 scorer overall.

Or I can keep Charles and just hope my other WRs are up to the task. But the McCoy trade would bolster my RBs, and once Ingram is healthy I still have Ingram, Ball and Asiata at the position behind McCoy. Thoughts?

Edited by MikeFL25

...yes. I can't get the same value for Ingram in a trade, and if I can get Julio for a Charles that underperformed even before his injury, I'll happily keep a very good-performing Ingram for when he's healthy. My strategy is also trying to deny my opponent access to such high-scoring players, the gamble is that Julio will continue to outscore Charles.