[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys KoolAid, Who wants a cup?

Cowboyz1

I was going to say yesterday that the Cowboys #1 homer was pretty silent after that whipping by the Eagles on Thanksgiving. Should have known this thread would get bumped with a win. I turned it off at 35-7, seems like the Cowboys let the Bears back in the game instead of putting it away. That won't work against better teams.

But I will admit, when they are playing well they impress the hell out of me. The run game, the contribution of guys like Bailey, that play where Romo just tossed it up and Bryant outlept both defenders. The defense is also pretty good at times and really frustrated the Bears (at least while I was watching).

I also understand that Romo's back didn't have enough rest on that short week, and that contributed. Going to be an interesting stretch run in the NFC East.

I was going to say yesterday that the Cowboys #1 homer was pretty silent after that whipping by the Eagles on Thanksgiving. Should have known this thread would get bumped with a win. I turned it off at 35-7, seems like the Cowboys let the Bears back in the game instead of putting it away. That won't work against better teams.

But I will admit, when they are playing well they impress the hell out of me. The run game, the contribution of guys like Bailey, that play where Romo just tossed it up and Bryant outlept both defenders. The defense is also pretty good at times and really frustrated the Bears (at least while I was watching).

I also understand that Romo's back didn't have enough rest on that short week, and that contributed. Going to be an interesting stretch run in the NFC East.

"Silent" you need to check yourself bud, I was here win and lose. I posted here when we lost too, twice in fact (page 7). Come on now you know me better than that. I have never been a "Prairie Dog" poster when it comes to the Cowboys.

Edited by Cowboyz1

I do have major concerns about Romo though. He still has the back issue and he's also dealing with broken ribs. He's a hit away from missing the rest of the year. Dude is a tough SOB, as tough as they come though. We may've undone the 8-8 curse of recent years but I'm nervous about playing the Eagles as well. They just match up well against us and if we lose that game, we're toast.

Eagles, Colts, Redskins. How insane would it be if it came down to the last game of the year AGAIN for them to get in and they LOSE to the Redskins?

A loss to the Redskins and missing the playoffs would have to cost Garrett his job right? I mean if not, then he must have some serious dirt on Jerry!

"Silent" you need to check yourself bud, I was here win and lose. I posted here when we lost too, twice in fact (page 7). Come on now you know me better than that. I have never been a "Prairie Dog" poster when it comes to the Cowboys.

Sorry missed or forgot about your RELAX post.

Eagles, Colts, Redskins. How insane would it be if it came down to the last game of the year AGAIN for them to get in and they LOSE to the Redskins?

A loss to the Redskins and missing the playoffs would have to cost Garrett his job right? I mean if not, then he must have some serious dirt on Jerry!

I think Garrett has secured his job for the next few years just by breaking the 8-8 ceiling. Looking back over his last three years, like I said in the OP, he had a plan and that plan is starting to bare fruit. The O line has been built, the Offense has been dialed in, and the drafts have been really solid. Building the defense in the next two years should put this team in great position to be really good. If we had the defense we could do something this year, but without it, it's going to be really tough to play with the GBs, Den, NE of the league. I can't see Jerry wanting to start over by blowing this coaching staff up. Makes no sense when you see what Garrett has built. The team plays hard, has good guys that work hard and they're a pass rush and better secondary players away from being dominant IMO.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Defense can be built within a year...lol...really that is a ridiculous sentence.

Ok, how many positions need to be fixed in your estimation. I figure three. Secondary, D line and Rushman. You can draft for lineman, secondary and trade or free agent rushman. You fix two of the three with better players this defense is much better right.

Lee, McClain, Carter, Hitchens as linebacker, find me a better starting unit. So linebacker is ready if healthy.

So how hard is it to improve significantly with a few good plug in players. I can see the defense better in a year. Better to the point that we can hang with anyone with our Offense.

Ok, how many positions need to be fixed in your estimation. I figure three. Secondary, D line and Rushman. You can draft for lineman, secondary and trade or free agent rushman. You fix two of the three with better players this defense is much better right.

Lee, McClain, Carter, Hitchens as linebacker, find me a better starting unit. So linebacker is ready if healthy.

So how hard is it to improve significantly with a few good plug in players. I can see the defense better in a year. Better to the point that we can hang with anyone with our Offense.

Lee got hurt just reading your post

The Eagles need less help on defense and it will still take a whole extra season before they can be where they need to be. ...Dallas has masked their weaknesses but get exposed against good teams

The Eagles need less help on defense and it will still take a whole extra season before they can be where they need to be. ...Dallas has masked their weaknesses but get exposed against good teams

Well they did beat the same Seattle team that just suffocated you guys at home yesterday, and we beat them on the road. I cant deny though that Dallas D is easy to expose

If only Dallas and Seattle tie, Dallas has the tiebreaker. But if it's a 3-way tie, as it is now, H2H is not used. Right now, Detroit and Seattle would advance based on a better conference record.

Correct, full tie breaking procedures are present on the NFL site (link below), and most playoff prediction type things you see online or by people covering the game take all that into account.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

Also remember when breaking ties for WC with 3 or more teams, first you need to get the best team from each division before you compare to other divisions. For example for AFC WC 3 teams at 8-5 (SD, PIT, BAL), So you need best of PIT/BAL first, which is PIT over BAL (they split H2H, PIT has better div record). Then you compare SD-PIT to see who gets 1st WC, other would be second.

Well they did beat the same Seattle team that just suffocated you guys at home yesterday, and we beat them on the road.

IMO that's not a fair comparison. The Seattle players are basically the same from week 6 to today, but the level of play is totally different. Compare footage from the DAL-SEA game to the SEA-PHI game and you would hardly be able to tell that it is the same Seahawks team. I read on cbssports that a Kelly-run offense has never been held under 140 yards, including college, and the Seahawks held them to 139 yards yesterday. If Dallas and Seattle were to meet this week, not even in Seattle, I don't think Dallas would even come close to matching the 401 yards they put up in week 6.

Edited by bud29

Well they did beat the same Seattle team that just suffocated you guys at home yesterday, and we beat them on the road. I cant deny though that Dallas D is easy to expose

Yeah but can you really say that was the same Seattle team? And really after we got that free TD off the turnover the refs gave them a free drive with phantom holding calls on the defense. ....

And then after that they tried calling a clean game. ....I knew the game would be crazy when even Aikman was saying how bad Seattle was holding wrs on that first drive and then they allowed Pete Carroll to get his bullchit measurement to give their defense a breather when we scored. ..

It was a strange game. .. and I don't want to take anything away from them. ..I had nothing to say after the San Fran, Arizona and Green Bay losses. ... but yesterday was a joke to me. ...

Also....remember last year when Dallas beat us and then was blown out by the bears. ... then the bears were blown out by the eagles....?...shi'ite happens

Lee got hurt just reading your post

Hahaha

I would be concerned about the next 3-4 years with McClain. Love that he's come back from all of his issues and is playing so well, but he could easily disappear just like he did before.

• 2 weeks later...

Well this is it. The table has been set. We control our own and can seal it with a victory at home. It is time to see if this team is truly turning the corner away from perennial chokers to a team that is starting to get it together. You cant ask for better than what happened yesterday with the Eagles game. Seize the opportunity now and dont play like you have a safety valve in next weeks game. Lets truly see if this team is learning how to win