[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys KoolAid, Who wants a cup?

Cowboyz1

I won't be sold on the Cowboys being a legitimate threat until they win a playoff game. .. although they have been impressive at times this season and especially as of late.

You worry about your Eagles winning a playoff game.........oh, wait, your Eagles are at home this year. Never mind......... :rofl:

You worry about your Eagles winning a playoff game.........oh, wait, your Eagles are at home this year. Never mind......... :rofl:

Yeah but we at least have several playoff wins during the last 15 years. Not everything is a personal attack on your beloved Cowboys....I just don't consider them a serious contender unless they actually win a playoff game...and the Eagles might be in a different situation had Foles not gone down...Sanchez can't throw to the outside. ..he focuses on the middle. .. but these things happen to teams who miss the playoffs

The top 2 teams in the NFC are Seattle and Green Bay right now....Dallas can hop in there...I just want to see Romo not blow a playoff game before I start believing this team can do any real damage

Yeah but we at least have several playoff wins during the last 15 years. Not everything is a personal attack on your beloved Cowboys....I just don't consider them a serious contender unless they actually win a playoff game...and the Eagles might be in a different situation had Foles not gone down...Sanchez can't throw to the outside. ..he focuses on the middle. .. but these things happen to teams who miss the playoffs

The top 2 teams in the NFC are Seattle and Green Bay right now....Dallas can hop in there...I just want to see Romo not blow a playoff game before I start believing this team can do any real damage

I was just giving you a rivalry jab bud. You would have done the same. I am glad the East is relevent again with both squads in the mix. Makes winning all that more enjoyable. :brew:

I have to admit that I have poured a glass but have not raised it to my lips yet.

Like Avernus I still remain a bit skeptical. While I can enjoy the wins and the NFC East crown I still have some reservations.

Lets face it Sanchez is not a playoff caliber QB and the same team exposed Dallas a couple weeks before. None-the-less the Cowboys did go into Philadelphia and whip their asses, in December no less.

Indy had nothing to play for and it showed. We should also remember to get where they did this year that Indy played Jacksonville twice, Tennessee twice and Houston twice. So Indy's record may not be as strong as it looks. But the Cowboys did manage to win a home game and another December game.

So the Cowboys are beating the teams they are supposed to beat. If I review the Cowboys schedule they only played 3 playoff teams - Seahawks, Cardinals and Colts. The Seahawks win was a good one but be honest we caught Seattle at a good time. We lost to the Cards and Indy had nothing to play for.

So in my opinion we have one quality win against a playoff team. We'll know more when they play their first and/or second games in the playoffs.

• Like 1

I have to admit that I have poured a glass but have not raised it to my lips yet.

Like Avernus I still remain a bit skeptical. While I can enjoy the wins and the NFC East crown I still have some reservations.

Lets face it Sanchez is not a playoff caliber QB and the same team exposed Dallas a couple weeks before. None-the-less the Cowboys did go into Philadelphia and whip their asses, in December no less.

Indy had nothing to play for and it showed. We should also remember to get where they did this year that Indy played Jacksonville twice, Tennessee twice and Houston twice. So Indy's record may not be as strong as it looks. But the Cowboys did manage to win a home game and another December game.

So the Cowboys are beating the teams they are supposed to beat. If I review the Cowboys schedule they only played 3 playoff teams - Seahawks, Cardinals and Colts. The Seahawks win was a good one but be honest we caught Seattle at a good time. We lost to the Cards and Indy had nothing to play for.

So in my opinion we have one quality win against a playoff team. We'll know more when they play their first and/or second games in the playoffs.

Are you fricken kidding me. Come on for cryin out loud. You didn't think they would get to 8-8 this season. Then you didn't believe we could go into Seattle and win. Now that the team is 11-4, NFC East Champs, with a week to go, you're still on the fence. Dude give me a break already. If this team hasn't proved it's for real by now, it's never gonna happen. Everything from now on is GRAVY like HBTC said. You should be so fired up that this team is back and is going to get playoff experience this year and be better next year after another draft. Man you're a hard man to please. I would hate to be your son. Never satisfied at all.

If I told you before the season, this team would be 11-4 with a week to go, Romo would have the highest QBR in football, blowout Seattle in Seattle, blow out the Eagles in Philly and win the East early having a chance to get the 2 seed, you would have been over the moon. Not only that, you would have called me crazy, blind homer and worse. Now your still ho hum. Unreal.......

You guys just amaze me.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Are you fricken kidding me. Come on for cryin out loud. You didn't think they would get to 8-8 this season. Then you didn't believe we could go into Seattle and win. Now that the team is 11-5, NFC East Champs, with a week to go, you're still on the fence. Dude give me a break already. If this team hasn't proved it's for real by now, it's never gonna happen. Everything from now on is GRAVY like HBTC said. You should be so fired up that this team is back and is going to get playoff experience this year and be better next year after another draft. Man you're a hard man to please. I would hate to be your son. Never satisfied at all.

If I told you before the season, this team would be 11-5 with a week to go, Romo would have the highest QBR in football, blowout Seattle in Seattle, blow out the Eagles in Philly and win the East early having a chance to get the 2 seed, you would have been over the moon. Not only that, you would have called me crazy, blind homer and worse. Now your still ho hum. Unreal.......

You guys just amaze me.

stop giving them a loss they don't have :lol:

Are you fricken kidding me. Come on for cryin out loud. You didn't think they would get to 8-8 this season. Then you didn't believe we could go into Seattle and win. Now that the team is 11-4, NFC East Champs, with a week to go, you're still on the fence. Dude give me a break already. If this team hasn't proved it's for real by now, it's never gonna happen. Everything from now on is GRAVY like HBTC said. You should be so fired up that this team is back and is going to get playoff experience this year and be better next year after another draft. Man you're a hard man to please. I would hate to be your son. Never satisfied at all.

If I told you before the season, this team would be 11-4 with a week to go, Romo would have the highest QBR in football, blowout Seattle in Seattle, blow out the Eagles in Philly and win the East early having a chance to get the 2 seed, you would have been over the moon. Not only that, you would have called me crazy, blind homer and worse. Now your still ho hum. Unreal.......

You guys just amaze me.

I really really hope I am not back here telling you "I told you so"

I really really hope I am not back here telling you "I told you so"

Tell me what? See they couldn't win it all. See they could win a playoff game. Dude. This team has far and above achieve what no one could have dreamed. Are you kidding me. How could you even come at it like that. If they just barely made it by having to win next week you would have to say they over achieve and at least they are back in the mix looking forward to fixing the defense in order to go deeper. As it stands now it will take this Cowboys offense to score crazy points to win in the playoffs, which is much tougher to do then the regular season. That's a lot to ask.

Honestly, there will be nothing you could say but "man what a great season Cowboys can't wait for next year". I am the only one who thought they could get this far and even I didn't see this coming. No matter what happens from here on out, this team has far exceeded my expectations and are on a great path for future. I love what this team is doing and how it is being built. There will be no disappointment this year at all. I love they expect more but I am happy to see them get the experience they need for the next few years. This defense will have a hard time playing up to the level they need to in the playoffs but hey, every Cowboys fan should be happy as hell and behind this team no matter what happens from here on out. One thing I know they will do is fight. That's all I can ask for this year. Now in 2015, I will be disappointed if they don't push for a SB. This year, I am so proud of this team and to know we are built for the future is a great feeling.

I can tell you this, Romo knows his time is limited, as does Witten. You're going to see them fight for glory as hard as it will be to achieve. I'm not scared of any team at all. They proved to me that they can and will play tough anywhere, anytime. Bruised battered and scared this 2014 version of the Dallas Cowboys die hard. What more can you ask for.

Edited by Cowboyz1

So...does Dallas have to win the SB for you to not say I told you so?

Exactly, dude that's ridiculous. What exactly has to happen in order to please you grits? What do they have to do now? It's obviously not enough for this team to win the East, have the best O line in football, Murray leading rusher in the NFL, or Romo leading the league in passer rating! What more after you expected a less then .500 season and left them for dead before the season started.

You're a hard man to please Grits. Seriously dude if every fan was like you, they would have a hard time selling tickets unless they won the superbowl the year before.

Edited by Cowboyz1

So...does Dallas have to win the SB for you to not say I told you so?

Nope I just want a competitive game against a real opponent, a playoff opponent. Notice I didn't say a win. I would prefer a win but I can deal with a loss if they were competitive and didn't make any stupid mistakes; i.e. they if they just get beat by a better team. Their schedule is littered with nobodies. If I go down to the local elementary school every day and race the top athlete there and I beat him every single day ... does that mean I can go to the local D1 college and beat their top runner as well?

Nope I just want a competitive game against a real opponent, a playoff opponent. Notice I didn't say a win. I would prefer a win but I can deal with a loss if they were competitive and didn't make any stupid mistakes; i.e. they if they just get beat by a better team. Their schedule is littered with nobodies. If I go down to the local elementary school every day and race the top athlete there and I beat him every single day ... does that mean I can go to the local D1 college and beat their top runner as well?

The 1st sentence is fair..no doubt.

The rest is moot. Noone is saying Dallas will roll in the playoffs..just that it's crazy the yr they've had so far ..no one expected this. It's gravy..enjoy being a Boys fan for the 1st time in awhile. Let the chips fall where they may.

You can only play who they put on your schedule

Congratulations to the Cowboys and their fans. That was an emphatic way to clinch the NFC East. The whole team looked as good as the Colts looked bad. But not taking anything away from the Cowboys - they earned it.

I think this is the year Romo wins his first playoff game. At this point, there is no reason to think they can't make the Super Bowl.