[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowboys KoolAid, Who wants a cup?

Cowboyz1

Chukin bombs won't win a title...fortunate plays yesterday.

I know they are eating up yardage on the ground, too.

What do you mean? Eli did it all the way to the superbowl. Even won on a chuck play. Drove me crazy to watch him throw the ball up like he did only for it to land in the arms of a receiver. That's exactly what I am talking about. When Romo makes an incredible play throwing the ball on the money, under duress, he's just chucking it up. When Eli chucks the ball off balance under duress, he's praised as an awesome QB.

Romo is magic fellas. He knows exactly where he is throwing the ball and that play to TW and the one to win it to Dez was pure Magic. The passes were as perfect as you can make given the circumstances. Leaving JJ Watt on his arse twice was pretty awesome.

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 1

What do you mean? Eli did it all the way tot the superbowl. Even won on a chuck play. That's exactly what I am talking about. When Romo makes an incredible play throwing the ball on the money under duress he's just chucking it up. When Eli chucks the ball off balance under duress, he's a awesome QB.

Not sure why this bothers you. It's par for the course

Winning 1 playoff game with a decade of really good talent around you kinda gets you some reputation other than "winner."

Sorry, having no defense and having to score 30 points a game to win while only way to move the ball is by Romo's arm is not a playoff winning combination. Let's see how Romo does with this running game and an O line even with an sub average defense this year. We are going to see this week. The defense is going to be short at linebacker and ok at defensive line. Corners are above average. This game will have to be won by the offense. But this offense has a running game so that may make a deference. Seattle at home is a tough draw for any team. Romo can silence a lot of critics with win there. Cant wait to see what my Cowboys are really made of.

Edited by Cowboyz1

I hate to say I told you so, but I told you this team has turned a corner. In years past we make the mistakes we did today and lay down letting the Seahawks take the momentum and run all over us. Not this year. This years Cowboys team fights.

Slip was magic again. I told you all he needed was an extra tick of time and a running game. The pass to TW on 3rd and 20 was just clutch. You want to talk about an elite QB. Slip showed you why he is one of the games best. Look out NFC the Cowboys are back and running all over teams.

Murray joins Jim Brown as the only rusher to have 6 straight 100 yard games. I told you he would hang 100 on them.

You best get your cup of Cowboys KoolAid now before it runs out. :brow:

Edited by Cowboyz1

^^this...it's known as "the curse of Jerrah"

i've avoided posting in any of these threads because my team REALLY sucks, and there's no denying it...has ever since the Gibbs I era, and lil' Danny Snyder took over ownership from ol' man Cook's estate...

THAT is the only saving grace for the 'boys to be assured they're not going to finish last in the NFC Least, as Danny boy's ego is about the same size as Jerrah's...however, i can take great joy in the fact the 'boys are having some early success...will make it all that much sweeter when, at the conclusion of Week 17, after yet another season-ending loss due to a Tony Romo pick at the most crucial time of the game, they are who we thought they were... :)

ok, crow is best served cold...after yesterday's result which saw the 'boys go into Seattle and beat the champs plus 12th man, I'm man enough to admit I may have been wrong about them this year...I'm still not drinking the kool-aid (and never will), but I am humble enough to give the dreaded enemy their props when they deserve it...

ok, crow is best served cold...after yesterday's result which saw the 'boys go into Seattle and beat the champs plus 12th man, I'm man enough to admit I may have been wrong about them this year...I'm still not drinking the kool-aid (and never will), but I am humble enough to give the dreaded enemy their props when they deserve it...

Well done......... :tup:

After a night of doing nothing but watching Highlights, New clips and the Stephen A. Smith's bet with Skip on first take, where he must now where a Tony Romo jersey for the entire Tue show, I realized something. The Cowboys have reinforcements on the way.

They have Josh Brent, after paying his debt to society and at the request of Brown's mother ( the mother of the son that died in the car accident) is on his way back to playing the 1 technique. We have our first round pick Demarcus Lawrence that has yet to play a down this year as a result of breaking his foot in TC. Spencer seems well on his way back as he played his most snaps of the year and looked more like his old self after Micro fracture surgery on his knee. Then there is Bruce Carter who will be back after his quad heals up.

Knock on wood but this defense should actually get better as the year goes on with more talent off the edge in Demarcus Lawrence and a healthy Spencer. Rolando McClain has been playing with a bad groin for the past two games which is effecting his speed and lateral movement. Wilbur as well has he defended that deep ball, is not Carter. I can only imagine what this defense will look like with a healthy linebacker corps in Carter, McClain and Durant. While also having a young, dominant, and powerful D line rotation platooning in to get after QBs and shut down running games.

I just can't believe what I am seeing so far this year. I am so happy to watch what this coaching staff has put together and coached up. Marinelli has clearly put together a group that is tough, disciplined and relentless. As much as I hate to see players get hurt on any team let alone my own, MO going down removed a link teams could bank on getting at least one big play. They had zero PI calls yesterday. They had zero players running down field after beating one of our corners down the sideline. Percy Harvin was SHUT DOWN.

There is a lot of football left to play and I don't want to do get to hyped up, but the team I watched Sunday, in Seattle, is for real. Now we need to see how they handle being front runners. Garrett needs to keep this team focused.

This year has something special about it.

Edited by Cowboyz1

good call :tup:

Thx!

It pained me to root for the Cowboys but I hate them just a tiny bit less than the Seahawks you know division rivals and all. So I did puke in my mouth on more than one occasion fist pumping Cowboy first downs and TDs. The thing that impressed me more than anything is there defense where the hell did this play come from they looked damn good! This team could be a force I am no blind homer I give props where props is due and the niners will have there hands full with both of those teams for the next few years! Congrats to Cowboyz1 as I can't stand most Cowboys fans but he really lives and dies with his team and I'm sending a long distance high five your way right now buddy!!

Thx!

It pained me to root for the Cowboys but I hate them just a tiny bit less than the Seahawks you know division rivals and all. So I did puke in my mouth on more than one occasion fist pumping Cowboy first downs and TDs. The thing that impressed me more than anything is there defense where the hell did this play come from they looked damn good! This team could be a force I am no blind homer I give props where props is due and the niners will have there hands full with both of those teams for the next few years! Congrats to Cowboyz1 as I can't stand most Cowboys fans but he really lives and dies with his team and I'm sending a long distance high five your way right now buddy!!

Received buddy. :brew: Thank you........It's been a long time coming.

They have Josh Brent, after paying his debt to society and at the request of Brown's mother ( the mother of the son that died in the car accident) is on his way back to playing the 1 technique. We have our first round pick Demarcus Lawrence that has yet to play a down this year as a result of breaking his foot in TC. Spencer seems well on his way back as he played his most snaps of the year and looked more like his old self after Micro fracture surgery on his knee. Then there is Bruce Carter who will be back after his quad heals up.

Knock on wood but this defense should actually get better as the year goes on with more talent off the edge in Demarcus Lawrence and a healthy Spencer. Rolando McClain has been playing with a bad groin for the past two games which is effecting his speed and lateral movement. Wilbur as well has he defended that deep ball, is not Carter. I can only imagine what this defense will look like with a healthy linebacker corps in Carter, McClain and Durant. While also having a young, dominant, and powerful D line rotation platooning in to get after QBs and shut down running games.

I just can't believe what I am seeing so far this year. I am so happy to watch what this coaching staff has put together and coached up. Marinelli has clearly put together a group that is tough, disciplined and relentless. As much as I hate to see players get hurt on any team let alone my own, MO going down removed a link teams could bank on getting at least one big play. They had zero PI calls yesterday. They had zero players running down field after beating one of our corners down the sideline. Percy Harvin was SHUT DOWN.

And this without Sean Lee, their best defender. I'm enjoying the growth this yr. Will be real interesting to see what the D looks like next yr IF Lee can come back and stay healthy.

Obviously I have never been a fan of the Cowboys. And the chatter on facebook is killing me every week this season, especially since I live no where near Dallas. I understand the philly fans, even though they are just as annoying when their team wins, but at least their team plays near by. This is probably the best I've seen the cowboys play. Nothing short of great so far. Never doubted Murray's physical abilities, only his ability to stay healthy. wish I took him off my do not draft list. Congrats on the huge win, not an easy thing to do in Seattle especially the way they did it. Stay healthy and you'll win division easy. Just take it easy on us next week, two back to back road games against division opponents sounds daunting after a beat down and the Cowboys killing the guls. Keep your A game for the Eagles, some one needs to shut them up.

Edited by Croe

• 2 weeks later...

Now the conversion is complete. I needed to see us come off a big win and plow our division rival into the ground the following week. I needed to see them in the role of front runner, and take on Eli who has torched them in years past at Jerrys World no less. The formula Garrett has created, a generous helping of O line, a heaping of Murray, a Dash of El Matador, a healthy dose of Dez, and a pinch of Escabor and TW, voila. You have the making of a team capable of going on the road and beating teams while putting on a show at home to boot.

I believe the Defense is only going to get better. Remember these guys have only played together for training camp and 6 weeks now. They are just now finding out where players positions are. For example, Crawford has found a home at the under tackle in the 3 technique while Carter is the Sam not a Will. Rolando McClain at Mike keeps it all together. So as the games get bigger and harder, I believe our defense will get better and better the more they play together.

The way Garret and these coaches are keeping this team focused, 9-1 going into the bye is not out of the question. Especially if Demarcus Lawrence comes in and gives us some pass rush off the edge.

So far this has been a great season. One I have only dreamed about the past few years. Sometimes I need to pitch myself to see if I'm not dreaming.

Edited by Cowboyz1

What is a TW viola, some new string instrument? ;)

They should completely destroy the Redskins on MNF next week. But then it is a divisional game, and we all know that records and talent level often don't matter in those games. But you're right, they should make a statement and roll them.

If you beat the Redskins the only thing standing in the way of 9-1 at the bye is another home game against the Cards. If you lose to the Jags in London that should count as 2 losses.

They better play well on the road, the second half of the season is heavily skewed to road games (4 of last 6).

Edited by stevegrab

What is a TW viola, some new string instrument? ;)

They should completely destroy the Redskins on MNF next week. But then it is a divisional game, and we all know that records and talent level often don't matter in those games. But you're right, they should make a statement and roll them.

If you beat the Redskins the only thing standing in the way of 9-1 at the bye is another home game against the Cards. If you lose to the Jags in London that should count as 2 losses.

They better play well on the road, the second half of the season is heavily skewed to road games (4 of last 6).

Terrence Williams and "Voila" fixed.

Skins are going down on Monday night period. I would be slightly more concerned if Kurt Cousins was playing but Colt is a dink and dunk kind of QB. Cowboys punish the Skins with another 30 burger.

As far as the Jags in London, your right it should immediately disqualify them for the playoffs.

Pour me a double, this is the year!!

You got it...... :brew:

People are writing off the Hawks but they will be there in the end. They are just realizing that every team plays the SB champs hard. They can win that division with a 9-7 record.