[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My TEs are KILLING me! Anyone else having problems w/this position?

the outlaw

So, I grabbed Jordan Cameron during the draft thinking no Josh Gordon = 1 million targets (and, being the non-greedy guy I am, I would settle for a half million receptions!). So, during Week 1, he "blows-up" for 2/47/0 (i.e., 2 fantasy points under my league's scoring system) AND aggravates his shoulder injury.

Oh, bear with me, this gets much better...

Week 2, with Jordan out I go scouring the WW and find what I believe to be a hidden gem in the barely mentioned amongst any fantasy articles I've read, Larry Donnell (Lil' Abner's apparent new favorite target), so I plug him into my Week 2 lineup and whoa, he goes 7/81/0 (which translates to a respectable 10 fantasy points in our scoring system), but somewhere along the way "non-greedy guy" (as described, above) decides 10 points isn't enough, and that his Week 1 TD was a fluke, so I go chasin' the WW again and low and behold, there sits Delanie Walker! Mind you he had just blown-up for 10/142/1 (and 26 fantasy points) agains the 'boys, so I said, "Let's roll, Mr. Walker" and kicked Mr. Donnell to the curb without thinking twice...

Well, for Week 3 Delanie brought me a whopping 4/54/0 stat line and 4 fantasy points.

Now, here we are at Week 4, where I just witnessed (mind you, in-person, no less) Donnell and Lil' Abner drop an @SS whoopin' on my (real) team with 7/54/3, or 31 fantasy points last night...so, I've got Jordan (who's been a stinker so far, anyway) on bye, and Walker listed as questionable (plus, Locker listed as doubtful)...

Oh, and I haven't even mentioned the fact, yet, that I picked-up Antonio Gates after the draft, but dropped him after Week 1 (you know, JUST BEFORE) he went 7/96/3 against the Seahawks in Week 2 (I figured, against the 'hawks he was going to put up a goose egg, plus long term be pushed out of the way by Green, anyway, so he was expendible, right?! WRONG!).

Anyway, anyone else having the same (or similar) issues with this maddening postion, this year? I'm actually thinking about chasing after Kelce, next, but I'm sure whichever one of these guys, in my infinite wisdom, I decide to drop, will be the next coming of Jimmy Graham, Gronk, Gates, and Gonzales (in his hey day), all combined!!! LOL

Misery loves company, so please feel free to share your woes (that is, if you've even bothered to read this far - I know it's an excrutiatingly long post, but I certainly feel better venting)...LOL

Edited by the outlaw

Drafted Reed and Kelce, cut bait on Reed as soon as he got hurt (had him last year too and suffered through it, never again!). I've been riding Kelce since and it hasn't been fabulous, but he gets better every week and I think he will continue to improve and become a bigger part of the offense in KC.

I keep being tempted to chase the TE WW darlings, but the benches are short in my leagues and there's too many rookie RB's to stockpile!

I am struggling at TE in a couple leagues- it's is pretty bleak on TE waivers now with Donnell and Paul no longer sitting on waivers and with Pitta and Rudolph out and Ladarius Green stinking. I picked up Reed in a league or two hoping to get a few healthy games out of him. In a 20 teamer, I am hoping Austin Seferian-Jenkins returns and can be starter worthy eventually. Clay- after a relatively productive year has been disappointing, similarly Heath- after he looked pretty good in preseason.

In a couple other leagues I have had to make trades to shore up the position. The most frequent target was Kelce. He has looked good but hasn't blown up yet.

One league I drafted Clay and Green. Both are gone now as I worked out a trade for Greg Olsen and picked up Niles Paul off the WW.

Another league I drafted Cameron and Ertz. Can't really complain - could be better, could be worse.

My 3rd league I drafted Rudolph and Ertz. Kicked Kyle to the curb this week and will likely grab a 2nd TE off the WW for insurance. Can't say who because some of those guys are on this board and ca be pricks about this thing. :D

Drafted Reed and Reed in one league - bailed my ass out with Donnel on the WW. Drafted Pitta and J Reed in the other - bailed my ass out with Donnel on the WW. LD has bailed me out of a likely catastrophe. Thank God for "early" injuries I guess....

Drafted Rudolph and no backup (need room to stash 100 RB hoping one pans out). Then he gets hurt, I wanted Daniels but got Heath Miller. Not so terrible yet.

But I think your problem is partially your dropping, adding cutting and so on too quickly. Be more patient. As for Cameron I think he'll do better after the bye.

I'm stuck with Dwayne Allen and Ladarius Green in one league, but I'm ok with Kelce and Cameron in another and I'm completely screwed in a third league with Quarless and Clay (originally Rudolph and Clay). I hope these sites end up making that Kyle Juszcyk kid in Baltimore a TE - have a feeling he could end up a decent bye week option with upside of low end TE1 production. Someone's gotta pick up the Pitta slack, and it ain't going to be all Daniels.

In one league I think I had reed in week one

Kyle in week two

Paul in week three

was eyeing Green as I think he was best of the rest in that league.

Now I have just given up at that position.

Looks like Paul might miss some time, now, too...that was a nasty double hit to the head he took Thursday night...even with a long week to pass the protocols, I believe he'll miss some time...

So, I grabbed Jordan Cameron during the draft thinking no Josh Gordon = 1 million targets (and, being the non-greedy guy I am, I would settle for a half million receptions!). So, during Week 1, he "blows-up" for 2/47/0 (i.e., 2 fantasy points under my league's scoring system) AND aggravates his shoulder injury.

Oh, bear with me, this gets much better...

Week 2, with Jordan out I go scouring the WW and find what I believe to be a hidden gem in the barely mentioned amongst any fantasy articles I've read, Larry Donnell (Lil' Abner's apparent new favorite target), so I plug him into my Week 2 lineup and whoa, he goes 7/81/0 (which translates to a respectable 10 fantasy points in our scoring system), but somewhere along the way "non-greedy guy" (as described, above) decides 10 points isn't enough, and that his Week 1 TD was a fluke, so I go chasin' the WW again and low and behold, there sits Delanie Walker! Mind you he had just blown-up for 10/142/1 (and 26 fantasy points) agains the 'boys, so I said, "Let's roll, Mr. Walker" and kicked Mr. Donnell to the curb without thinking twice...

Well, for Week 3 Delanie brought me a whopping 4/54/0 stat line and 4 fantasy points.

Now, here we are at Week 4, where I just witnessed (mind you, in-person, no less) Donnell and Lil' Abner drop an @SS whoopin' on my (real) team with 7/54/3, or 31 fantasy points last night...so, I've got Jordan (who's been a stinker so far, anyway) on bye, and Walker listed as questionable (plus, Locker listed as doubtful)...

Oh, and I haven't even mentioned the fact, yet, that I picked-up Antonio Gates after the draft, but dropped him after Week 1 (you know, JUST BEFORE) he went 7/96/3 against the Seahawks in Week 2 (I figured, against the 'hawks he was going to put up a goose egg, plus long term be pushed out of the way by Green, anyway, so he was expendible, right?! WRONG!).

Sounds to me like you're too quick on the trigger with your add/drops.

• Like 1

With Glennon at QB now, I picked up and plan to stash ASJ in hopes he breaks out. He's about the only guy I could see on the ww that I envisioned having a decent chance at value without needing an injury in front of him on the depth chart. I remember Glennon gave Tim Wright marginal value last year, and ASJ is definitely a bigger talent.

Yep, 14 team league and looks like I'm going to have to try and pickup and hold 3 Redskin TEs. Drafted Reed, Picked up Paul, and now shooting for Paulsen. So if I have all 3 on my bench I should be able to play at least one each week,,,,