[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas Cowboys are UNSTOPPABLE

Grits and Shins

At 1st I thought Cowboyz1 had stolen your log-in.

:jump: Funny stuff right there!

Now, if the stupid Cowboys actually stick to a running game to take the pressure off of the D and Romo, they have a chance to do some damage this year.

Unfortunately, Jones and his son Garrett will overthink this thing and probably throw the ball 60 times next week.

I really hope you are wrong... the odds are against me, lol.

I think the opposite is true. Aikman and Irvin were great. Put them on another team and their stats would have been huge. Emmitt is the one I think would have been the one that was only above average.

I totally agree on the Emmitt thing as well.

Couldn't you say the same about Lynn Swann & others ?

Absolutely. On draft day, players probably hope that certain teams pass while others jump at the opportunity. Like Rodgers, he was so upset about teams passing on him and him sliding but then he ended up with a great team, learning from one of the best to ever play the position.

I think the opposite is true. Aikman and Irvin were great. Put them on another team and their stats would have been huge. Emmitt is the one I think would have been the one that was only above average.

So what your saying is Slip is as good if not better then Aikman, because he has smashed all of Aikmans records. And I mean SMASHED. The only difference between them is JJ was smart enough early on to rebuild the O line first and endure the 1-15 season then with the mega trade to get defense and more talent around him. Now Slip finally has an O line and a running back so he doesn't have to do it all and defenses can't just key on his passes. Now Slip only needs a Super Bowl or two to become the Best Cowboys QB EVAH! I mean WOW you really got me thinking. The only thing missing was a Wall of an O line and a running back.

Clearly your logic is of superior quality.........I am in complete agreement with you. The new triplets of Dez, DeMo and Slip with Witten filling in the role of Novacek and Tyron Smith the new and improved Erik Williams matched with our new young road graters in Martin Fredrick and Leary. Hell you have clearly painted a picture of dominance for some time to come. I was a bit cautious but now I believe I see what our getting at. WOW let the new Cowboys era begin........ :tup:

I think what he meant to say was ..Dallas looked pretty good this weekend but the Saints D appears to be awful, and the Dallas firing of Rob Ryan seems like a good move now

What I am saying is simple. Romo now has another way to win besides his arm which makes him exponentially more dangerous to opposing defenses. This O line is making all the difference. Reminds me of the days of old with a stellar O line, a great running game, and a QB that can get the ball to a beast on one side and a very solid #2 on the other. Throw in a HOF TE for good measure and viola we have perhaps the reincarnation of the 1990's Cowboys teams. Now all we need is a crazy DE to pressure the QB. We'll see the next two weeks. It's either 5-1 or 3-3 and I'm all wet.

Edited by Cowboyz1

I always thought it was Emmitt that was the truly talented one, and Aikman was just the beneficiary of a very good team (RB, OL, defense) around him.

The #1 factor that any of the mid 90s Cowboys players had in their favor was that O-line. Emmitt was a tough SOB, and I LOVED him, but that line made him look even better than he actually was. However, everything works both ways. By that team being so stacked at so many positions, it helped by making them all more dangerous.

• Like 1

Irvins stats are even more impressive considering Dallas was feeding Emmitt enough to make him the all time rushing leader

Now, that's a valid point.

You've got Aikman, Emmitt, Irvin, Novacek, etc. figured out... So I'm curious - which guys on defense this year equate to Charles Haley, Ken Norton, Tony Tolbert, Darren Woodson, Bill Bates, etc.

Take your time.

:pop:

I'm not going back to look but who the hell said that we have players on the current defense that match those guys? Cause we don't. It's just a scrappy bunch doing enough and playing up to the advantageous situations they've been put in.

I'm not going back to look but who the hell said that we have players on the current defense that match those guys? Cause we don't. It's just a scrappy bunch doing enough and playing up to the advantageous situations they've been put in.

Nobody said you do. Which is kind of my point - trying to be a reality check about this "unstoppable" business. When the comparisons to the 90s dynasty players start, someone has to pump the brakes.

Nobody said you do. Which is kind of my point - trying to be a reality check about this "unstoppable" business. When the comparisons to the 90s dynasty players start, someone has to pump the brakes.

Unstoppable came out of Irvins mouth from what I have read. Most Cowboys fans I know are just pleased that we have a little glimmer of hope here but certainly not unrealistic. I was still worried they were gonna choke that game away somehow, even up 31-3 :lol:

Unstoppable came out of Irvins mouth from what I have read. Most Cowboys fans I know are just pleased that we have a little glimmer of hope here but certainly not unrealistic. I was still worried they were gonna choke that game away somehow, even up 31-3 :lol:

As a cowboys fan, that's how we spend our game days, just waiting for the mistakes to begin and our boys to lose even if we're up by a bunch. We're scarred.

Edited by irish

This

If the Saints would have scored a TD on the drive that they ran the stupid fake punt they would have won the game

This

If the Saints would have scored a TD on the drive that they ran the stupid fake punt they would have won the game

That was an awful call.

Am I the lonely soul who thinks Dallas will beat Seattle this weekend? Either this is what my gut feeling is telling me, or that breakfast burrito this morning is wreaking havoc on me.

I would really love it but its going to be a real bitch. Sea coming off a lackluster win on the road back to that stadium where they dominate, especially on D. Our only shot is a heavy successful dose of Murray

I would really love it but its going to be a real bitch. Sea coming off a lackluster win on the road back to that stadium where they dominate, especially on D. Our only shot is a heavy successful dose of Murray

You're probably right. Something tells me this 2014 Dallas version is already different, or figuring out they need to be different, from prior years. Commitment to the run (knock on wood) has been almost astonishing to me. Now if their D can come around in a hurry to be a bit better...

Nevertheless, I stand by my prediction/statement: Dallas will beat Seattle this weekend.

They need to find a way to contain Russell Wilson, and play strong defense. Continue to run the ball well, take some shots down the field and not turn the ball over. If they do all that they can keep it close. I don't think they win, and DMD seems to think it won't be very close.

Mike Greenberg of Mike & Mike thinks Dallas will beat Seattle this week. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Romo & crew pulled it off. I don't expect it to happen, but I wouldn't be surprised either... it's already been a strange season.

Edited by Lloyd Dobler