[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dallas Cowboys are UNSTOPPABLE

Grits and Shins

So Michael Irvin declared after last night's game. According to him they have found themselves and now are unstoppable. What a blind ass homer.

Marshal Faulk said before the game that Dallas would not get into the end zone at all & Michael Irvin agreed with him !

Irvin is a complete wad.

Now, if the stupid Cowboys actually stick to a running game to take the pressure off of the D and Romo, they have a chance to do some damage this year.

Unfortunately, Jones and his son Garrett will overthink this thing and probably throw the ball 60 times next week.

Irvin is a complete wad.

Now, if the stupid Cowboys actually stick to a running game to take the pressure off of the D and Romo, they have a chance to do some damage this year.

Unfortunately, Jones and his son Garrett will overthink this thing and probably throw the ball 60 times next week.

I agree on ALL points.

Irvin is a complete wad.

True and even though Irvin was part of our winning teams, I couldn't stand him and thought he was nothing special and just a whiny bitch. He should've been flagged for offensive pass interference on almost every catch.

Deion :rolleyes:

I don't find Deion as annoying and at times he's entertaining. Also, unlike Irvin and aside from the lack of physicality, Deion was a special talent.

I don't find Deion as annoying and at times he's entertaining. Also, unlike Irvin and aside from the lack of physicality, Deion was a special talent.

But Gritts said " I am unaware of anybody that has a bigger more inflated ego than Michael Irvin. "

Deion was twice the talent as Irvin but he also has twice the ego

True and even though Irvin was part of our winning teams, I couldn't stand him and thought he was nothing special and just a whiny bitch. He should've been flagged for offensive pass interference on almost every catch.

Michael Irvin was a ferocious competitor and I loved having him on those dominant Cowboys teams. He went across the middle in an era where they could actually hit you. He always got you the first down when you needed it and he was a fired up son of a bitch on every play. I know he has big time D bag qualities too but as a player I friggin loved the guy

Edited by whomper

Michael Irvin was indeed a playmaker and I do not debate his talent. Doesn't change the fact that he is way too full of himself. I will take Deion and Goodell over Irvin everyday. But a couple of names have popped up since I originally posted ... Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith are in the same category as Irvin. I will turn the tv off and listen to silence before I will watch First Take.

Michael Irvin was indeed a playmaker and I do not debate his talent. Doesn't change the fact that he is way too full of himself. I will take Deion and Goodell over Irvin everyday. But a couple of names have popped up since I originally posted ... Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith are in the same category as Irvin. I will turn the tv off and listen to silence before I will watch First Take.

I wasnt denying this. I was responding to Irish who discredited him as a player

Anyone who refers to himself as "SKIP", Shouldn't be taken serious, just saying? Irvin during his prime and the offense he played in had a lot of weapons, that being said, he was incredible. Remember, Emmitt, drew a lot of 8/9 in the box, which gave you straight man on Irvin and Novacek with that O-line and Aikman? Recipe for success as proven by their rings?

I wasnt denying this. I was responding to Irish who discredited him as a player

There's no question that he made some great plays and was always fired up thanks to the coke. However, he was an artist and cheating the system. But hey, he got away with it so kudos to him.

There's no question that he made some great plays and was always fired up thanks to the coke. However, he was an artist and cheating the system. But hey, he got away with it so kudos to him.

:lol: I guess "making some plays" gets you in the HOF these days

Winning SBs helps a lot. Some very good WR have been getting left out lately as the numbers of an elit player keep increasing. With a guy like Irvin many (myself included) have trouble acknowledging his talent and accomplishments because he is such a tool.

Ok, this research didn't quite pan out as I had expected, was thinking I found a WR with comparable stats, no SB and no chance of getting into Canton, but I goofed :)

I was looking some at his stats and trying to find a comparable receiver. Pro Football Reference showed Rod Smith as a similar player with a 12 year career. When you compare the two Irvin doesn't appear far superior. Rod Smith won 2 SB with Denver, he is on the list of Modern Era Nominees for 2015 class (and was a nominee for 2014) but was not a finalist last year (WR Tim Brown and Marvin Harrison were) and now for 2015 you have 2 first time WR in Bruce/Holt on the list as well.

In the era he played and team he played on, yup. Irvin was a lucky SOB. Take away Troy, Emmitt, Harper, Novacek, Moose, that world class line, and a very solid D and you have an above average WR that is not in canton.

Edited by irish

In the era he played and team he played on, yup. Irvin was a lucky SOB. Take away Troy, Emmitt, Harper, Novacek, Moose, that world class line, and a very solid D and you have an above average WR that is not in canton.

Couldn't you say the same about Lynn Swann & others ?

Couldn't you say the same about Lynn Swann & others ?

Yes, removing all players with talent from any team will I am sure be detrimental to the success of the wr :lol: I guess all of those players were with him too at Miami which helped him become the 11th overall player selected in the draft . Im done arguing the merits of Irvin as a ballplayer. World class headcase and annoying as all hell yes, but he backed it up on the field and it stuns me that anyone, especially a Cowboys fan, would dispute that. Its laughable