[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Darren Sproles

Shorttynaz

This guy has outscored McCoy in EVERY game so far this season (in PPR formats) and the more impressive stat is he's only touched the ball 34 times through 4 weeks as compared to McCoy's 80 touches..

The sad thing is I own this guy in several leagues and can't give him away.. For some reason, people still don't believe..

Edited by Shorttynaz

Yep. I offered him to the McCoy owner along with R Wilson & P Garcon for A Bradshaw & A Jeffery. His QB's are C Palmer & R Fitzpatrick.

He declined it and said, "Sorry dude - you're not even in the same ballpark." He's 0-3 well on his way to 0-4. I tried telling him I'm giving him a better fantasy QB, the 1a to his 1 who's outscored his 1 every week, and replacing a low end WR1 with a high end WR2.

He told me it's gonna cost me D Thomas or Megatron in place of Garcon. I was like WTF do you think I'm asking for? I want a slight upgrade at WR and I want an injury prone backup RB on my favorite team.. Lol - needless to say, there's no trade there..

He was saved by that punt return, otherwise a 2.5 point day and a second crappy week like Shady. Maybe Shady isn't the same as last year, but he's not suddenly TRich either. Some cause for concern, but O-line trouble and somewhat odd game plans last 2 weeks to blame heavily. He'll bounce back; too talented within an offensive scheme catered to his abilities. Maybe not worth the draft price tag preseason, but top 10 nearing top 5

...watch this kickass segue...

Would you say his current buy-low status would be in line with L Donnell's sell-high value? (this question wasn't why I chimed in, but subject matter with personal implications did present itself)

The Colts game is easily going to be Sproles' best game of the year, and those who didn't sell then are going to regret it.

Based on 4 games, he's proving to be more productive than McCoy on less than half the touches. Sure I'm an owner hoping for more of these games - not saying he warrants taking over the job, but I'm starting to believe that he has something McCoy doesn't. Sure - after the Colts game his value was through the roof (and as someone trying to trade him - there was nothing there - no one's buying), but I think there still more games of him in the 15-20+ point range..
  • Like 1

Sure - after the Colts game his value was through the roof (and as someone trying to trade him - there was nothing there - no one's buying), but I think there still more games of him in the 15-20+ point range..

There might be, but Sproles looks to me like a coin flip, boom or bust pick each week and not a steady RB2 type. With those offensive line woes in Philly, they may have to continue finding creative ways to supplant the running game. But I'll bet McCoy and the Eagles' offense is back to "normal" in the second half of the year when their line gets healthy again. And full disclosure - I own neither McCoy nor Sproles in any leagues.

Well, you guys can go ahead and start him because I have other guys I'm wanting to start over Sproles this week. And every single time I've put Sproles on the bench this year he's gone off. Every time I start him he gets almost nada.

Just FYI :P

Edited by ShuckCreations

Very tough for me to put Sproles in as anything more than a flex in a PPR league at the moment. I have him on a team and have only played him once. I was astounded at how many people overreacted to a couple of good games to start the year

Very tough for me to put Sproles in as anything more than a flex in a PPR league at the moment. I have him on a team and have only played him once. I was astounded at how many people overreacted to a couple of good games to start the year

It really depends on who else you have. Not everybody has stud or even good RB options to use every week. My opponent this week has Sproles, but also has Bernard and Khiry Robinson to start, so he's not using him (he also has AP). If Sproles were on my team he'd be in my top 3 and see time playing, my RB suck with CJ?K, Gerhart, JStew, Starks and other bad options.

I'm not overreacting to any specific games, the guy plays on a high powered offense (that is struggling right now) and is a dual threat. He's shown he can put up good points in that kind of role both in NO and last year in PHI.

It really depends on who else you have. Not everybody has stud or even good RB options to use every week. My opponent this week has Sproles, but also has Bernard and Khiry Robinson to start, so he's not using him (he also has AP). If Sproles were on my team he'd be in my top 3 and see time playing, my RB suck with CJ?K, Gerhart, JStew, Starks and other bad options.

I'm not overreacting to any specific games, the guy plays on a high powered offense (that is struggling right now) and is a dual threat. He's shown he can put up good points in that kind of role both in NO and last year in PHI.

All of that is true, you can say that about any player (depends who you have) but I see Sproles consistently putting up totals that fall in between his first two weeks' output and the past two weeks output. I don't think he will score many TD's the rest of the way but will rack up catches and decent total yardage, making him, ideally, a flex caliber player on a fantasy team with a normal RB situation (sorry but you got shafted on your group).

Edited by TonyBromo

All of that is true, you can say that about any player (depends who you have) but I see Sproles consistently putting up totals that fall in between his first two weeks' output and the past two weeks output. I don't think he will score many TD's the rest of the way but will rack up catches and decent total yardage, making him, ideally, a flex caliber player on a fantasy team with a normal RB situation (sorry but you got shafted on your group).

I know I have bad RB and readily admit it, I wasn't shafted. Its a 5 player keeper 12 team league, I have Calvin Johnson, Demaryius Thomas and Larry Fitzgerald. Also protected Rivers and my only decent RB (so I thought) in CJ?K. I messed up, should have protected Sproles as well, or drafted better RB in the first couple rounds, but picking near the bottom most better guys were gone.

With all the RB injuries, suspensions and the increasing RBBC many teams have poor RB situations that would warrant using Sproles regularly.

Just skimming the starting lineups in my leauge I see the following WW pickups or later round average RB starting: Asiata, Forsett, Bradshaw, Sankey, Khiry Robinson, Reaves (CAR) and I left my team out. That is 1RB on half the teams.

Edited by stevegrab

^True although your league is quite different than most, and I think you did well with what you had to work with. I stand by my point and we can agree to disagree!

Edited by TonyBromo
  • Like 1