[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Maclin stat correction

Joebirds55

Read this on reddit and noticed it during the game when it was incorrectly called by buck. Foles throw a short pass to brad Smith and buck said it was maclin. Stats seem to back up that maclin was incorrectly awarded the catch and yards.

Nfl or espn may have updated their play by play, but in both my leagues cbs and yahoo maclins numbers haven't been adjusted yet. I'm not even sure cbs uses the corrections? Might vary by leagle settings? Sure enough I'm playing the maclin owner this week and need vereen and pats d to have solid games.

Ps. Only time I do remember cbs correcting their stats was last year dez fumbled and the ball got knocked backward like 25 yards. Reduced his yardage by that amount. Believe rotoword even mentioned it.

Bah, I was hoping he was getting 2 more points so I would win. Not 2 less :furious:

Again I did see this on the reddit fantasy page (which does contain some interesting discussions from time to time), so not the most trustworthy source but the info I read seemed to make sense, especially since I watched the game and know the exact play in question. And when I looked at the receiving yards Smith was not credited with any receptions or yards.

Yep, CBS has 5 / 68, NFL site shows 4/57 and Brad Smith with 1/11.

Won't matter in our league, the Maclin owner already lost big,

This seems like a horrible stat mistake, do they just listen the announcers and write down what they say? I thought he even corrected himself because I remember hearing Brad Smiths name mentioned after a catch.

Yep, CBS has 5 / 68, NFL site shows 4/57 and Brad Smith with 1/11.

Won't matter in our league, the Maclin owner already lost big,

This seems like a horrible stat mistake, do they just listen the announcers and write down what they say? I thought he even corrected himself because I remember hearing Brad Smiths name mentioned after a catch.

Buck did realize it when the play ended. Maclin had a ton of targets their numbers are close (Smith is 16 maybe?) So could be a reasonable explanation.

One league im in it doesn't matter. The other I'm down 12 going into tonight. Those two points could be huge. This is on cbs and still hasn't been changed, which again I'm not sure how cbs/my league handles this. Stat corrections haven't overturned a decided game yet, so hasn't been discussed. Hopefully tonight won't be the first (pats d and vereen give me the W comfortably!)

Woah. As mentioned I was up by 12 thinking I'd cruise to a W. I won my matchup by 1. Assuming they adjust his total for the maclin play I will have won this week by 3.

Any other potential corrections this week? Can't think of any I've seen mentioned anywhere

Edit: this also assumes cbs scoring is up to date and accurate. Given the constant failure, this is up in the air.

Edited by Joebirds55

FYI

My CBS league now has the correct numbers for both guys. I didn't notice the score change, didn't make a note of what it was yesterday.

I prefer this kind of quick stat correction, before game resutls are final on Tuesday morning. We have waivers run tonight, and order is based on standings. So if a W/L would need to be changed Wed/Thu that could mess with our waivers.

We have this lenghy point in our rules about scoring changes (MGFL is our league name).

On controversial plays, the MGFL will abide by the scoring decision of the website. Occasionally, the Elias Sports Bureau will change a scoring decision after the site "locks in" wins/losses on Wednesday. When this happens the MGFL will still abide by the scoring on the website unless an owner files a formal protest asking that it be overturned. An owner must make the request by noon Thursday of the week the play occurred. The parties affected by the decision will have the option to make their case to the league, and then the commissioner will poll the league through the website with all franchises getting a single vote. If 7 or more owners agree that the results should be overturned, it will be done retroactively on the website to the extent that the commissioner can do so. Stats that can be overwritten by the commissioner include wins/losses, weekly points, and total points (and therefore the awarding of the weekly points and total points pots). The commissioner cannot, however, override waiver wire moves that may have been made earlier in the week.