[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brady

Shorttynaz

Grappapllo did it during garbage time. Don't read anything into it. The Patriots are a dying team, aging, full of posers and almost NO edge...err, correct that NO edge play makers on offense and a crap defense. Put them in that division with Seattle they win 5 games. Horrible football team...Put a fork in the Hoodie.

• Like 1

Can anyone explain the Logan Mankins trade? I mean, from a business standpoint, it might financially make sense for NE to make that deal. But their offensive line sorely misses him, and I think it is contributing to the Brady suckage.

New England arrogance. No other answers. You don't trade from the trenches. That's where ball games are won and lost. Has anyone seen Tim Wright?

Why doesn't Shane Vereen touch the ball more?

Aaron Dobson? I thought they wanted to develop this guy. He has been a healthy scratch two games in a row.

Agree with MT on the Mankins trade.

A few things...

1. Garappolo now has as many 2nd half passing TDs this year as Brady does.

2. Garappolo completed 6-7 passes...Ryan Mallet was 1-4 in his entire 3 yr stint in NE.

3. If the Patriots were wearing Bears jerseys and the name on the back of Brady's jersey was Cutler what would people be saying right now?

A few things...

3. If the Patriots were wearing Bears jerseys and the name on the back of Brady's jersey was Cutler what would people be saying right now?

Cutler doesn't quite have the equity built up that Brady does.

• Like 2

There's always the denial of changing of the guard as most will say NO WAY but we've seen it time and time again in the history of this game. Montana, Manning Favre Etc Etc not saying he can't and won't go compete on another team but I think it's the beginning of the end of the Brady era in NE they are an average club now and he will not thrive on this team they have nothing to work with his strengths besides gronk.

Cutler doesn't quite have the equity built up that Brady does.

Really. I'm a Bears fan, but good god...give Brady an offense of Forte, Martellus, Jeff, and B-Marsh with a solid O Line (though banged up) and he'd be rolling MINUS the idiotic crap Cutler does.

Brady is throwing to absolutely plugs at receiver.

Poor drafting is what have caught up to the Patriots. Brady has declined to a point where he no longer can make crappy receivers serviceable and these WRs are the worst he have ever had. Poor O-line and defense makes it all even worse. Thank God they play in the AFC East where all the teams are equally bad.

• Like 2

NE likes to play this game of not paying for talent and it has finally caught up to them.

Bingo. People underestimate how much a QB needs at least one decent receiver. Gronk is the only decent option in NE and he still ain't quite right.

In a fit of anger I dropped him to pick up Romo this morning...still feel dirty and unclean about it.

But seriously, he has a pop warner level o-line and wideouts that aren't there...Gronk is top 2 option and that doesn't seem like much anymore

All of the above. In the past, the Patriots and Brady have always been able to overcome/hide a deficiency, because they've been solid elsewhere. For example, Brady has done well with mediocre WR's in the past (although this might be as bad as I've seen) because they've had a solid O-Line to compensate. Either through the running game, or the line giving him enough time to pick the opposing defense apart (even with those mediocre wideouts), or both. Or, when the offense has struggled, the defense has literally won games for them in the past.

Right now, none of those things are happening. It starts with the O-Line, and they are in shambles. The trade for Tim Wright makes less and less sense each week. Brady not only has no legitimate receiving options, he's got no time to find them anyway. Edelman is solid, as a slot #3 guy. When he's your primary weapon, that's a problem. Gronk might arguably actually be the primary guy, but I'm talking WR's. LaFell looked like Alshon Jeffery last night, but it was probably just because there was nothing else (anything that caught a ball and moved looked good). The defense certainly didn't play well, either. On top of all of that, Brady is not at the top of his game right now. That's putting it nicely. Is this the beginning of the end for him? Not sure. But, it certainly looked that way last night.

The only way that this gets fixed is if it starts with the O-Line. If they don't do a better job in protection, it's going to be a long year. Someone will win the AFC East with an 8-8 record, at this rate (and be an easy first-round victim). If, on the other hand, the offensive line figures it out, a lot of these other problems are diminished. Give Brady time, and I think his confidence is at a different level (last night might have been an all-time low), and he'll find those WR's.

First give the Chiefs defense some credit in putting pressure on the Pats.

Otherwise yes the Pats are a hot steamy mess. OL is horrible, no real receiving threats, the same average or less RB and Brady with not being himself. Then add in a defenes that isn't very good either. Even the mighty hoodie and his sidekick Josh McDaniel cannot work a miracle with that.

I am sick of listening to the announcers explain away all of his interceptions. That last pick he threw had nothing to do with receiver route running. Brady threw it into coverage and it was a bad throw. Maybe he has a pinched nerve or maybe he's been living too much away from football but he has to get right somehow.

I was happy to see Garroppolo come in and play well. I think he is going to be a player down the road.

• Like 1

Already dreading my choice of Brady vs CIN or Cousins vs SEA this week. Ish.

When was the last time NE was a home underdog? To the Bengals, no less.

Same situation here...Last week had to be the worst team QB performance I've ever had. Cousins got me 9.48 points to Brady's 6.36...

To the original topic, Brady sure doesn't look good and he hasn't all year. Pats fans I've talked to were saying the Dolphins game was the worst they had seen from him and they started calling for Garroppolo then...Last night shows they may not be too crazy after all.

Aaron Dobson has been inactive during the last two weeks because he allegedly popped off to Josh McDaniels.

Here is the article

http://www.rotoworld...79/aaron-dobson

A source told the Boston Globe that Aaron Dobson was deactivated in Weeks 3 and 4 because he "mouthed off" to Patriots OC Josh McDaniels.

"Mouthing off" to Belichick wannabe McDaniels apparently costs you two full games, despite the Patriots' glaring needs at perimeter wide receiver. 23 years old, big, and fast, Dobson would give New England an offensive element it sorely lacks, but it sounds like McDaniels is putting his ego before the team.

Dobson's status going forward is unclear. He's just a WR5 stash in 12-team leagues. Oct 1 - 8:46 PM

Source: Shalise Manza Young on Twitter

Edited by Wolverines Fan